The NEM.io Foundation creators of the peer-to-peer NEM Blockchain platform providing payments, messaging, asset making and more, today announced a strategic alliance with Blockchain Global, one of Australia’s leading Blockchain companies operating international auditing and network infrastructure services. The partnership is aimed at expanding NEM’s reach while facilitating mainstream adoption of Blockchain technology internationally.
The partnership’s first initiative will be to open a Blockchain Center in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to serve as an incubator, accelerator, and coworking space. Scheduled to open in August 2017, the 10,000-square-foot Blockchain Center will house the NEM Blockchain Innovation Lab, a headquarters for research and development as well as regional support for organizations interested in using the NEM platform within their IT infrastructures. Later this year, NEM plans to work with Blockchain Global to develop a cryptocurrency exchange for the NEM ecosystem. Blockchain Global previously built ACX.io, Australia’s largest Bitcoin exchange by volume.
“We’re excited to partner with Blockchain Global in this rapidly evolving Blockchain ecosystem,” said Lon Wong, president of the NEM.io Foundation. “This strategic alliance will fuel expanded reach, deeper collaboration, and multiplication of value as we journey towards developing Blockchain hubs around the world.”
“We’re proud to work with the NEM.io Foundation, as we believe their Blockchain technology platform is the future standard for mainstream enterprise and organizational infrastructures,” said Sam Lee, CEO of Blockchain Global. “The opening of a nonprofit Blockchain center in Malaysia allows both Blockchain Global and NEM to pursue our missions to foster mainstream innovation and adoption internationally.”
The NEM.io Foundation is expected to spend around $40 million USD in the next year to fund its global expansion programs. $5 million will be allocated towards supporting Blockchain companies incubated in the Blockchain Center.
NEM.io Foundation is a non-profit organization based in Singapore, set up to promote NEM’s Blockchain technology globally. It is currently one of the most well-funded and successful Blockchain technology projects in the cryptocurrency industry. NEM’s technology is currently being utilized in a variety of financial institutions and industries, such as Hitachi with its 150 million customer base. For more information, please visit: www.nem.io
Blockchain Global Limited is a profitable public company founded in 2014 as Bitcoin Group Limited. The Company’s activities generated AUD 1.9 million and AUD 5.9 million revenue in FY15 and FY16 respectively. In 2016, the company rebranded as Blockchain Global Limited to better reflect the expanded operations, which include a Management Consulting Division and Corporate Incubation Program.
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019
- Africa’s Youth See A Future For Bitcoin Beyond Speculation - August 8, 2019
- Blockchain VR Network Set to Launch - August 8, 2019