The NEM.io Foundation creators of the peer-to-peer NEM Blockchain platform providing payments, messaging, asset making and more, today announced a strategic alliance with Blockchain Global, one of Australia’s leading Blockchain companies operating international auditing and network infrastructure services. The partnership is aimed at expanding NEM’s reach while facilitating mainstream adoption of Blockchain technology internationally.
The partnership’s first initiative will be to open a Blockchain Center in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to serve as an incubator, accelerator, and coworking space. Scheduled to open in August 2017, the 10,000-square-foot Blockchain Center will house the NEM Blockchain Innovation Lab, a headquarters for research and development as well as regional support for organizations interested in using the NEM platform within their IT infrastructures. Later this year, NEM plans to work with Blockchain Global to develop a cryptocurrency exchange for the NEM ecosystem. Blockchain Global previously built ACX.io, Australia’s largest Bitcoin exchange by volume.
“We’re excited to partner with Blockchain Global in this rapidly evolving Blockchain ecosystem,” said Lon Wong, president of the NEM.io Foundation. “This strategic alliance will fuel expanded reach, deeper collaboration, and multiplication of value as we journey towards developing Blockchain hubs around the world.”
“We’re proud to work with the NEM.io Foundation, as we believe their Blockchain technology platform is the future standard for mainstream enterprise and organizational infrastructures,” said Sam Lee, CEO of Blockchain Global. “The opening of a nonprofit Blockchain center in Malaysia allows both Blockchain Global and NEM to pursue our missions to foster mainstream innovation and adoption internationally.”
The NEM.io Foundation is expected to spend around $40 million USD in the next year to fund its global expansion programs. $5 million will be allocated towards supporting Blockchain companies incubated in the Blockchain Center.
NEM.io Foundation is a non-profit organization based in Singapore, set up to promote NEM’s Blockchain technology globally. It is currently one of the most well-funded and successful Blockchain technology projects in the cryptocurrency industry. NEM’s technology is currently being utilized in a variety of financial institutions and industries, such as Hitachi with its 150 million customer base. For more information, please visit: www.nem.io
Blockchain Global Limited is a profitable public company founded in 2014 as Bitcoin Group Limited. The Company’s activities generated AUD 1.9 million and AUD 5.9 million revenue in FY15 and FY16 respectively. In 2016, the company rebranded as Blockchain Global Limited to better reflect the expanded operations, which include a Management Consulting Division and Corporate Incubation Program.
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019