The NEM.io Foundation creators of the peer-to-peer NEM Blockchain platform providing payments, messaging, asset making and more, today announced a strategic alliance with Blockchain Global, one of Australia’s leading Blockchain companies operating international auditing and network infrastructure services. The partnership is aimed at expanding NEM’s reach while facilitating mainstream adoption of Blockchain technology internationally.
The partnership’s first initiative will be to open a Blockchain Center in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to serve as an incubator, accelerator, and coworking space. Scheduled to open in August 2017, the 10,000-square-foot Blockchain Center will house the NEM Blockchain Innovation Lab, a headquarters for research and development as well as regional support for organizations interested in using the NEM platform within their IT infrastructures. Later this year, NEM plans to work with Blockchain Global to develop a cryptocurrency exchange for the NEM ecosystem. Blockchain Global previously built ACX.io, Australia’s largest Bitcoin exchange by volume.
“We’re excited to partner with Blockchain Global in this rapidly evolving Blockchain ecosystem,” said Lon Wong, president of the NEM.io Foundation. “This strategic alliance will fuel expanded reach, deeper collaboration, and multiplication of value as we journey towards developing Blockchain hubs around the world.”
“We’re proud to work with the NEM.io Foundation, as we believe their Blockchain technology platform is the future standard for mainstream enterprise and organizational infrastructures,” said Sam Lee, CEO of Blockchain Global. “The opening of a nonprofit Blockchain center in Malaysia allows both Blockchain Global and NEM to pursue our missions to foster mainstream innovation and adoption internationally.”
The NEM.io Foundation is expected to spend around $40 million USD in the next year to fund its global expansion programs. $5 million will be allocated towards supporting Blockchain companies incubated in the Blockchain Center.
NEM.io Foundation is a non-profit organization based in Singapore, set up to promote NEM’s Blockchain technology globally. It is currently one of the most well-funded and successful Blockchain technology projects in the cryptocurrency industry. NEM’s technology is currently being utilized in a variety of financial institutions and industries, such as Hitachi with its 150 million customer base. For more information, please visit: www.nem.io
Blockchain Global Limited is a profitable public company founded in 2014 as Bitcoin Group Limited. The Company’s activities generated AUD 1.9 million and AUD 5.9 million revenue in FY15 and FY16 respectively. In 2016, the company rebranded as Blockchain Global Limited to better reflect the expanded operations, which include a Management Consulting Division and Corporate Incubation Program.
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019