On the 8th of August, 2017, the GoldMint project is being launched to provide gold ownership solutions for cryptocurrency investors. Physical gold is an age-old method of payment and wealth preservation, due to its brilliance and value. Owning gold, however, requires expensive security, safekeeping, and insurance, in addition to being illiquid. GoldMint’s modern solution to these inherent problems is GOLD, a 100% gold-backed token.
Gold & MNT Tokens
Taking all of the security advantages of its yellow metal counterpart, GOLD tokens are a stable, transparent and non-volatile means to hedge your crypto portfolio from wild market swings. GoldMint will ensure the coins persistent value physical assets as well as paper assets such as ETFs. Additionally, GOLD holders will be able to use their tokens in guarantees, loans, and escrow services. GOLD will be subject to a 5% purchase and 3% sale fee.
“I like the project team and their vision of becoming the first and largest player in the gold tokenization market as one of the benchmark financial assets,” stated Julian Zegelman, GoldMint Advisor.
GoldMint will also release MNT, its utility token used for operations, implementation of smart contracts, and for rewarding block creation and transaction confirmation. For facilitating the Blockchain, MNT owners will receive 75% of the commissions taken from processing GOLD transactions. Initially, MNT will be sold and distributed on the Ethereum Blockchain. After MNT is distributed, GoldMint will launch its own PoS Blockchain based on Graphene. Thus, it will be safer, more productive and faster.
This May GoldMint has already successfully run it’s pre-ICO raising 600 000$ in just 36 hours.
Cutiing-edge Blockchain Integration
GoldMint will incorporate several technological advancements into its project: Custody Bot, the Graphene based Blockchain, and its own custom API.
Custody Bot is a Blockchain connected robot programmed for inspection, temporary and long-term storage, and transfer of physical gold, jewelry, coins, or gold bullion. The groundbreaking unit will be installed in small banks, non-credit financial institutions, and pawnshops, as well as used by private individuals. When an item is placed into the Custody Bot, it conducts analysis using a spectrometer and state of the art weighing system and then stores information about weight, quality, and value on the Blockchain.
For merchants and developers, GoldMint will release its API for the development of third party apps and other interfaces. Use of the API will allow online stores to take GOLD as a payment method, enable loans to be secured by banks and other MFIs, and implement other services such as escrow accounts and financial guarantees.
The GoldMint Team and Advisors
The GoldMint team is led by Dmitry Plutschevsky, co-founder of Lot-Zoloto, a gold trading company based in Russia with a trading turnover of 100$ mln in 2017. Among the advisors to this project are Serg Umansky, founding partner at SIGNET; Alex Butmanov, managing partner at DTI; Igor Ryabenkyi, managing partner at Altair VC, and Julian Zegelman, managing partner at Velton Zegelman .
The GoldMint project will serve all gold investors looking either to hedge their portfolio with GOLD or earn a return from facilitating the network with MNT. GoldMint founders predict that, in five to seven years, gold will be stored in, traded, and invested using machines like Custody Bot, and that the GOLD cryptoasset will become the trading unit for these operations. The launch of the GoldMint project will disrupt the billion-dollar gold market and establish itself as a market leader in the coming cryptocurrency revolution.
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019
- Interview: Brock Pierce and Two Prime’s Alexander S. Blum - November 4, 2019
- Samsung Bullish on Blockchain – Pushing for Developers on New Samsung Blockchain Platform SDK - November 1, 2019
- Busted: SEC and CFTC Nail First Global Credit – a Swiss Security-Based Bitcoin Swaps Dealer That Allegedly Aimed at American Investors - November 1, 2019
- Zilliqa and Oxford Women in Computer Science Society Join to Bring Diversity to Blockchain Sector - November 1, 2019