On the 8th of August, 2017, the GoldMint project is being launched to provide gold ownership solutions for cryptocurrency investors. Physical gold is an age-old method of payment and wealth preservation, due to its brilliance and value. Owning gold, however, requires expensive security, safekeeping, and insurance, in addition to being illiquid. GoldMint’s modern solution to these inherent problems is GOLD, a 100% gold-backed token.
Gold & MNT Tokens
Taking all of the security advantages of its yellow metal counterpart, GOLD tokens are a stable, transparent and non-volatile means to hedge your crypto portfolio from wild market swings. GoldMint will ensure the coins persistent value physical assets as well as paper assets such as ETFs. Additionally, GOLD holders will be able to use their tokens in guarantees, loans, and escrow services. GOLD will be subject to a 5% purchase and 3% sale fee.
“I like the project team and their vision of becoming the first and largest player in the gold tokenization market as one of the benchmark financial assets,” stated Julian Zegelman, GoldMint Advisor.
GoldMint will also release MNT, its utility token used for operations, implementation of smart contracts, and for rewarding block creation and transaction confirmation. For facilitating the Blockchain, MNT owners will receive 75% of the commissions taken from processing GOLD transactions. Initially, MNT will be sold and distributed on the Ethereum Blockchain. After MNT is distributed, GoldMint will launch its own PoS Blockchain based on Graphene. Thus, it will be safer, more productive and faster.
This May GoldMint has already successfully run it’s pre-ICO raising 600 000$ in just 36 hours.
Cutiing-edge Blockchain Integration
GoldMint will incorporate several technological advancements into its project: Custody Bot, the Graphene based Blockchain, and its own custom API.
Custody Bot is a Blockchain connected robot programmed for inspection, temporary and long-term storage, and transfer of physical gold, jewelry, coins, or gold bullion. The groundbreaking unit will be installed in small banks, non-credit financial institutions, and pawnshops, as well as used by private individuals. When an item is placed into the Custody Bot, it conducts analysis using a spectrometer and state of the art weighing system and then stores information about weight, quality, and value on the Blockchain.
For merchants and developers, GoldMint will release its API for the development of third party apps and other interfaces. Use of the API will allow online stores to take GOLD as a payment method, enable loans to be secured by banks and other MFIs, and implement other services such as escrow accounts and financial guarantees.
The GoldMint Team and Advisors
The GoldMint team is led by Dmitry Plutschevsky, co-founder of Lot-Zoloto, a gold trading company based in Russia with a trading turnover of 100$ mln in 2017. Among the advisors to this project are Serg Umansky, founding partner at SIGNET; Alex Butmanov, managing partner at DTI; Igor Ryabenkyi, managing partner at Altair VC, and Julian Zegelman, managing partner at Velton Zegelman .
The GoldMint project will serve all gold investors looking either to hedge their portfolio with GOLD or earn a return from facilitating the network with MNT. GoldMint founders predict that, in five to seven years, gold will be stored in, traded, and invested using machines like Custody Bot, and that the GOLD cryptoasset will become the trading unit for these operations. The launch of the GoldMint project will disrupt the billion-dollar gold market and establish itself as a market leader in the coming cryptocurrency revolution.
- European Commission Releases New Support Paper on Blockchain – Further Funding for Startups Encouraged - September 19, 2019
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019