On the 8th of August, 2017, the GoldMint project is being launched to provide gold ownership solutions for cryptocurrency investors. Physical gold is an age-old method of payment and wealth preservation, due to its brilliance and value. Owning gold, however, requires expensive security, safekeeping, and insurance, in addition to being illiquid. GoldMint’s modern solution to these inherent problems is GOLD, a 100% gold-backed token.
Gold & MNT Tokens
Taking all of the security advantages of its yellow metal counterpart, GOLD tokens are a stable, transparent and non-volatile means to hedge your crypto portfolio from wild market swings. GoldMint will ensure the coins persistent value physical assets as well as paper assets such as ETFs. Additionally, GOLD holders will be able to use their tokens in guarantees, loans, and escrow services. GOLD will be subject to a 5% purchase and 3% sale fee.
“I like the project team and their vision of becoming the first and largest player in the gold tokenization market as one of the benchmark financial assets,” stated Julian Zegelman, GoldMint Advisor.
GoldMint will also release MNT, its utility token used for operations, implementation of smart contracts, and for rewarding block creation and transaction confirmation. For facilitating the Blockchain, MNT owners will receive 75% of the commissions taken from processing GOLD transactions. Initially, MNT will be sold and distributed on the Ethereum Blockchain. After MNT is distributed, GoldMint will launch its own PoS Blockchain based on Graphene. Thus, it will be safer, more productive and faster.
This May GoldMint has already successfully run it’s pre-ICO raising 600 000$ in just 36 hours.
Cutiing-edge Blockchain Integration
GoldMint will incorporate several technological advancements into its project: Custody Bot, the Graphene based Blockchain, and its own custom API.
Custody Bot is a Blockchain connected robot programmed for inspection, temporary and long-term storage, and transfer of physical gold, jewelry, coins, or gold bullion. The groundbreaking unit will be installed in small banks, non-credit financial institutions, and pawnshops, as well as used by private individuals. When an item is placed into the Custody Bot, it conducts analysis using a spectrometer and state of the art weighing system and then stores information about weight, quality, and value on the Blockchain.
For merchants and developers, GoldMint will release its API for the development of third party apps and other interfaces. Use of the API will allow online stores to take GOLD as a payment method, enable loans to be secured by banks and other MFIs, and implement other services such as escrow accounts and financial guarantees.
The GoldMint Team and Advisors
The GoldMint team is led by Dmitry Plutschevsky, co-founder of Lot-Zoloto, a gold trading company based in Russia with a trading turnover of 100$ mln in 2017. Among the advisors to this project are Serg Umansky, founding partner at SIGNET; Alex Butmanov, managing partner at DTI; Igor Ryabenkyi, managing partner at Altair VC, and Julian Zegelman, managing partner at Velton Zegelman .
The GoldMint project will serve all gold investors looking either to hedge their portfolio with GOLD or earn a return from facilitating the network with MNT. GoldMint founders predict that, in five to seven years, gold will be stored in, traded, and invested using machines like Custody Bot, and that the GOLD cryptoasset will become the trading unit for these operations. The launch of the GoldMint project will disrupt the billion-dollar gold market and establish itself as a market leader in the coming cryptocurrency revolution.
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain - February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange - February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth - February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting - February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 - February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain - February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT - February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP - February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy - February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies - January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution - January 30, 2019
- Evident Proof Receives ‘Highly Commended’ Listing at the UK Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award Category at the 2018 UK IT Industry Awards - January 30, 2019
- Plato Technologies and Blackmoon Team Up to Expedite Launching of New ‘On-the-fly’ ETx’s - January 30, 2019
- Amnis Ventures backs CloseCross Raises $3 Million USD to Transform Financial Derivatives Market - January 30, 2019
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019
- London’s Blockchain Conference; Blockchain Expo Global Exhibition announces expert speakers - January 21, 2019