Balanced Software has announced they are launching a classic crowdfunding to raise $1 million to build an app to help people and businesses manage their banking and Blockchain balances. The team consists of 3 founders: Richard Burton from Ethereum, Ben Baron from Apple, and Christian Baroni from Stripe.
“Today, lots of people are really excited about crypto-currencies and Blockchain apps, but very few people are using them on a daily basis. Balance will become a single place to see and exchange your banking and Blockchain balances. We have already shipped an app that integrated with 15,000+ U.S. banks which was featured by Apple and has hundreds of paying customers. Now we want to add support for every digital currency exchange in the world,” stated Richard Burton, CEO, Balance.
A sensible crowdfunding round rather than an ICO
“Despite all of the money flying around, we do not want to do an ICO.”
“We are focussed on creating the best interface for digital currencies and tokens. It is a big project but it is not a protocol. We do not want to create a token and issue it for no good reason.”
“If we create a token, we want it to have real value.”
“There may come a time in the future where we launch a useful protocol with a valuable token. We are not doing that now. We want to create a company that creates products for protocols. To help do that, we are raising money through crowdfunding,” added Burton.
Balance is aiming to raise $1 million through a regulated crowdfunding through Wefunder.com. In an environment where people are raising hundreds of millions through ICOs, raising $1 million is very different.
“I’ve spent enough time as a product engineer in startups to understand that execution is everything. As one of the very first users of Monzo’s API, Balance has made it crystal clear that the future of wallet management lies with them. The Balance team embodies what it means to take an idea and execute it into beautiful functionality. Their obsession with user experience, coupled with a deep understanding of technology, makes them an unstoppable force,” stated James Nicholson, Lead iOS Engineer, Monzo
“I’ve invested in dozens of high growth technology startups over the years, and been fortunate to have seen some great successes. I’m incredibly excited to back the team at Balance, they’re a small team of world class creators who build beautiful products, and stay at the forefront of the most exciting markets in technology,” added Josh Buckley, Founder of MinoMonsters and Investo.
The campaign will go live to the public on Wednesday 23 August. If you want to pre-register, please head to their campaign and create an account here.
- 1200 Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) – San Francisco
- 2000 British Summer Time (BST) – London
- WeFunder Campaign Page: https://wefunder.com/balance
- Richard Burton CEO Email / Twitter: [email protected] @ricburton
- Youtube Campaign Pitch Video: https://youtu.be/evIQjKYlo0o
- Balance Twitter: @balancemymoney
- Archax Opts for R3’s Corda for Digital Exchange DLT Infrastructure - October 18, 2019
- Dubai Property Giant Emaar to Launch Blockchain-Based Rewards and Loyalty Ecosystem - October 17, 2019
- World’s Largest Cryptocurrency-Fueled Darknet Child Pornography Website Hammered – 300+Busted - October 17, 2019
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019