Minerva Technologies has announced MINERVA (OWL), a platform and currency which provides an additional revenue stream to the businesses that accept it. This additional revenue stream is created by introducing “reverse transaction fees,” wherein approved merchants are rewarded new OWL tokens at a variable rate with each transaction.
Currently, many businesses struggle with accepting digital currencies. Minerva addresses these adoption issues by introducing incentivized payment solutions and the “Minerva Volatility Protocol.”
By using these tools, the Minerva team seeks to accelerate the mainstream adoption of digital currency and smart contract Blockchain technologies.
Minerva has been compared to Ticketmaster in that they disrupted their niche market by paying ticket sellers rather than charging them fees. However, Minerva does not seek to disrupt a niche market, but rather disrupt commerce itself through the introduction of reverse transaction fees.
Minerva has partnered with a live-streaming service with $20 million in yearly revenue and over 10 million users to act as an immediate first use case. The purpose of this partnership is to show the before-and-after revenue impact of a business accepting the Minerva OWL token as a method of payment. Minerva’s goal is to recruit various merchant processing services and prominent commerce platforms into the Minerva Smart Money Alliance (MSMA).
The Minerva Smart Money Alliance (MSMA) is a proposed consortium of organizations that either accept the OWL token as payment or are strategically partnered with Minerva Technologies S.a.r.l., a Luxembourg-based Blockchain software company and parent entity to the Minerva platform. They plan to work with various groups and individuals to optimize the secure storage and transmission of sensitive data.
Though concerted time and effort will be needed, the Minerva team feels that it is a realistic expectation that Minerva and its OWL token will become one of the most enterprise-friendly platforms and currencies available.
Those interested can read the whitepaper and sign up to their newsletter at the official Minerva website.
- Polkadot Cuts Deal with Blockchain – 41M Wallets to get Polkadot.Network DOTS - August 20, 2019
- David Chaum’s New Quantum-Resistant Digital Currency, Praxxis, Has Arrived - August 20, 2019
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019