Minerva Technologies has announced MINERVA (OWL), a platform and currency which provides an additional revenue stream to the businesses that accept it. This additional revenue stream is created by introducing “reverse transaction fees,” wherein approved merchants are rewarded new OWL tokens at a variable rate with each transaction.
Currently, many businesses struggle with accepting digital currencies. Minerva addresses these adoption issues by introducing incentivized payment solutions and the “Minerva Volatility Protocol.”
By using these tools, the Minerva team seeks to accelerate the mainstream adoption of digital currency and smart contract Blockchain technologies.
Minerva has been compared to Ticketmaster in that they disrupted their niche market by paying ticket sellers rather than charging them fees. However, Minerva does not seek to disrupt a niche market, but rather disrupt commerce itself through the introduction of reverse transaction fees.
Minerva has partnered with a live-streaming service with $20 million in yearly revenue and over 10 million users to act as an immediate first use case. The purpose of this partnership is to show the before-and-after revenue impact of a business accepting the Minerva OWL token as a method of payment. Minerva’s goal is to recruit various merchant processing services and prominent commerce platforms into the Minerva Smart Money Alliance (MSMA).
The Minerva Smart Money Alliance (MSMA) is a proposed consortium of organizations that either accept the OWL token as payment or are strategically partnered with Minerva Technologies S.a.r.l., a Luxembourg-based Blockchain software company and parent entity to the Minerva platform. They plan to work with various groups and individuals to optimize the secure storage and transmission of sensitive data.
Though concerted time and effort will be needed, the Minerva team feels that it is a realistic expectation that Minerva and its OWL token will become one of the most enterprise-friendly platforms and currencies available.
Those interested can read the whitepaper and sign up to their newsletter at the official Minerva website.
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019