Minerva Technologies has announced MINERVA (OWL), a platform and currency which provides an additional revenue stream to the businesses that accept it. This additional revenue stream is created by introducing “reverse transaction fees,” wherein approved merchants are rewarded new OWL tokens at a variable rate with each transaction.
Currently, many businesses struggle with accepting digital currencies. Minerva addresses these adoption issues by introducing incentivized payment solutions and the “Minerva Volatility Protocol.”
By using these tools, the Minerva team seeks to accelerate the mainstream adoption of digital currency and smart contract Blockchain technologies.
Minerva has been compared to Ticketmaster in that they disrupted their niche market by paying ticket sellers rather than charging them fees. However, Minerva does not seek to disrupt a niche market, but rather disrupt commerce itself through the introduction of reverse transaction fees.
Minerva has partnered with a live-streaming service with $20 million in yearly revenue and over 10 million users to act as an immediate first use case. The purpose of this partnership is to show the before-and-after revenue impact of a business accepting the Minerva OWL token as a method of payment. Minerva’s goal is to recruit various merchant processing services and prominent commerce platforms into the Minerva Smart Money Alliance (MSMA).
The Minerva Smart Money Alliance (MSMA) is a proposed consortium of organizations that either accept the OWL token as payment or are strategically partnered with Minerva Technologies S.a.r.l., a Luxembourg-based Blockchain software company and parent entity to the Minerva platform. They plan to work with various groups and individuals to optimize the secure storage and transmission of sensitive data.
Though concerted time and effort will be needed, the Minerva team feels that it is a realistic expectation that Minerva and its OWL token will become one of the most enterprise-friendly platforms and currencies available.
Those interested can read the whitepaper and sign up to their newsletter at the official Minerva website.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020