DOVU, a Blockchain-powered market for transport data, has taken steps to ensure its token sale will be conducted to the highest standards – including crime risk management measures – collaborating with global accountancy firm KPMG on its company and financial structure.
Monday’s announcement that Chinese authorities are banning fundraising through Blockchain crowd sales for Chinese operators for Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) sent shockwaves through the crypto markets. Since the beginning of 2017, well over $1 billion, mainly in bitcoin and ether, has flowed into such token sales. Blockchain has established itself as a powerful tool for crowdfunding new tech platforms, but still the growing token sale industry also has brought with it the risk of scams, hacks, pump-and-dump schemes, and a general lack of corporate governance and accountability.
DOVU: raising standards
Now DOVU, which is backed by Jaguar Land Rover’s innovation arm InMotion Ventures, is establishing a new benchmark. DOVU aims to provide the mobility industry with large and high-quality data sets, sourced from a wide range of stakeholders including grassroots users. Businesses will pay for access to this data using Ethereum-based DOV tokens, which are offered through a crowd sale on 3 October.
The DOVU team has spent the last 12 months ensuring that they are structured correctly for a properly managed token integration, working with Blockchain legal experts Ramparts to create a distinct corporate entity.
‘We are pleased to welcome KPMG, one of the top 4 global accountancy firms, as our advisors, working with us on our company and financial structure,’ said Irfon Watkins, Founder and CEO of DOVU.
DOVU’s most recent adviser is Andrew Hodgson, Senior Partner at KPMG Corporate Finance. Hodgson joins a highly professional team of transport industry and Blockchain experts. The project’s token sale includes wallet risk profiling and high value customer due diligence processes (using a risk-based approach) to better deal with the risk of crime. With the industry under scrutiny, many will find DOVU’s token sale precautions reassuring.
The news that China’s regulators will prevent Chinese entrepreneurs from raising funds via token sales is likely to bring further focus on this sector in other jurisdictions. Whilst there is some speculation that this is strongly related to concerns about capital flight by Chinese residents, whatever the reasons for the new prohibition in China, it highlights the need for organisations in this sector to carefully structure their sales, consider the risks of crime and the potential applicability of crowdfunding and securities law restrictions.
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019
- London’s Blockchain Conference; Blockchain Expo Global Exhibition announces expert speakers - January 21, 2019
- Currency.com Launches Tokenised Securities Trading Platform - January 21, 2019
- Katallassos Launches a Standard Framework for Decentralised Derivatives - January 11, 2019
- Dutch Crypto Trading Marketplace Cryptohopper at CES 2019 - January 8, 2019
- Interview with Ammbr – A Blockchain-Enabled Mesh Network Bringing High Speed Internet to Emerging Economies - January 8, 2019
- Zion Market Research Report Explains: Global Blockchain In Energy Market likely to grow to USD 11,899 Million By 2024 - December 27, 2018
- Blythe Masters Resigns as CEO of Digital Asset - December 18, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures Uses Ravencoin Blockchain for Equity Purchase in Chainstone Labs – Completes $3.6 Million Securities Token Transfer - December 18, 2018
- Despite Market Downturn – eToro Survey Reveals Strong Interest in Cryptoasset Education - December 18, 2018
- BlockIMMO brings Blockchain Technology Platform to Tokenize Fractional Real Estate Investment - December 17, 2018
- Algorand Appoints Dual Ph.D. Rock Star Pablo Azar as Chief Economist - December 17, 2018
- Dascoin – Anatomy of Multilevel Marketing Crypto Scam – Coinmarketcap Zero - December 17, 2018
- Dutch Blockchain Company Tymlez Group Starts Trading on Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) - December 13, 2018
- DNAtix Releases Live Demo of its Blockchain based Genetic Infrastructure Platform - December 11, 2018
- IOHK Launches Secure Smart Contracts Technology for Cardano blockchain - December 11, 2018