The ICON Foundation announced today that the widely anticipated ICX token sale will open on October 20, with a pre-sale starting on September 18.
ICON claims they are the first Blockchain platform in the world that connects independent Blockchains with different governances, allowing them to transact freely, but securely, in real time.
Blockchain for the Real World
From its inception two years ago, ICON has focused on real world applicability. Until now, individual Blockchain communities have been isolated from one another, with no easy way to pass information among them. The interoperability that ICON provides paves over one of the biggest obstacles to Blockchain’s widespread use.
“For Blockchain technology to reach its potential, it must be built to meet the demands of enterprises and institutions. ICON could be the solution,” said Don Tapscott, a leading author and thinker on Blockchain, who has signed on as an advisor. “It has already emerged as the leader in Korea, widely adopted by banks, universities, and hospitals, and is positioned to be a global force in this fast-emerging industry.”
Underlying Technology Thoroughly Proven
ICON Foundation’s aim to hyperconnect the world goes beyond the theoretical. More than 25 financial securities companies, three major universities, six university hospitals and three health insurance companies have formed industry consortiums that are already using the Blockchain engine powering ICX, called theloop, to automate and smooth transactions. ICON is also partnered with Woori Bank, one of the largest banks in Korea.
To understand how ICON works, imagine a patient who goes to a hospital for treatment. Both his hospital and his insurance company are part of the ICON network. The hospital can securely pass relevant information about the patient’s medical condition and treatment to the insurance company. In turn, the insurance company can make the payment directly using ICX. The hospital can use the ICX it receives to make other payments within the ICON network, or convert it to another currency such as Ethereum.
The ICX (“ICON Exchange”) token sale will begin on October 20 and will be used to allocate 400,230,000 ICX, or 50% of the total token supply. The starting price will be set at 2500 ICX per 1 ETH, and Ethereum is the only currency that will be accepted during the token sale.
Prior to the start of the official token sale, eligible individuals can participate in a pre-sale with a lower minimum transaction amount. (Generally, United States and Singaporean nationals and residents cannot participate. All transactions must be made using a personal Ethereum wallet with a private key.) The pre-sale will be tiered with the following transaction caps. All times are UTC+9.
- Sept. 18 (13:00) – 20 (23:59): ETH 30 or less
- Sept. 22 (13:00) – 24 (23:59): ETH 100 or less
- Sept. 26 (13:00) – Oct. 12 (23:59): ETH 1000 or less
Once the official token sale begins on October 20, the minimum transaction amount will be ETH 0.1, with no maximum. The pre-sale may end early if the hard-cap of ETH 150,000 is reached. Participants in both the pre-sale and the token sale will immediately receive ERC20 tokens, guaranteeing their right to ICX tokens once they are available.
More information about ICON Foundation and ICX, including a detailed white paper explaining the underlying technologies and the potential uses, is available at https://icon.foundation/en/.
The ICON Republic is developed by the ICON Foundation, which is registered in Switzerland and operates primarily out of Korea. ICON team members and foundation council members include a number of leading thinkers and technologists in Blockchain and cryptocurrency, as well as people with more traditional finance backgrounds. Council members include EJ Eee (CEO of theloop), JH Kim (CEO of theloop), Jay Kim (CFO of theloop), Hoon Lee (CSO of theloop) and Min Kim (CBDO of theloop).
More than 150 people have contributed to making ICON a reality. In addition to the ICON Foundation council, this also includes members of the teams at theloop, who provide the underlying loopchain technology, and at DAVinCI, a leading AI company whose machine learning algorithms will bolster ICON’s governance.
- New Satoshi on the Block Plans a ‘Reveal’ – Bitcoin Community Responds - August 19, 2019
- Binance Announces Open Blockchain Project ‘Venus’ – Calls on Governments, Companies and Organizations to Develop Localized Stablecoins - August 19, 2019
- Blockchain-Fueled VeganNation raises $10 million for Vegan Global Marketplace - August 19, 2019
- Fight to Flame – Mike Tyson Denies Issuing Token and Working With Fight2Fame - August 17, 2019
- Bitcoin Wealth is Almost 50 Times More Concentrated than Global Wealth According to PARSIQ Research - August 16, 2019
- Graph Blockchain Signs LOI to Acquire Cyberanking Ltd. an Esports Company - August 16, 2019
- Blockchain Moves Into The US’s Largest Oil Fields With Data Gumbo - August 16, 2019
- BlockStar Teams Up With Cycling Apparel Brand De Marchi to Auction Fausto Coppi’s Cycling Jersey - August 16, 2019
- Zcoin Available to Five Million Merchants in Thailand - August 16, 2019
- Republic Partners with Althea to Launch First-Ever Compliant Security Airdrop for Retail Investors in the U.S. and Abroad - August 14, 2019
- Mark Cuban’s Dallas Mavericks Basketball Team Join Up With Bitpay To Accept Bitcoin For Tickets And Gear - August 14, 2019
- Mike Tyson Launches Fight to Fame – Crypto-Driven, Blockchain-Fueled Fighter Booster - August 14, 2019
- Blox Survey: Ninety-Five Percent of US CPAs Believe Clients are Not Disclosing All their Digital Assets and Transactions - August 13, 2019
- New Zealand Allows for Employee Payments to be Made in Cryptocurrency - August 13, 2019
- USA SEC Postpones Decision on Three Bitcoin ETFs - August 13, 2019
- Cryptocurrency Thefts, Scams and Fraud May Exceed $4.3 Billion For 2019 - August 12, 2019
- China’s Central Bank Gears Up to Launch it’s Own Cryptocurrency - August 12, 2019
- Overstock: Retail Traders Can Now Invest in STOs at tZERO - August 9, 2019
- Merj Rolls Out The First-ever Official Listing Of A Tokenized Security On A Regulated National Stock Exchange - August 9, 2019
- Commerzbank And Daimler Trucks Test Machine-to-machine Payments On Blockchain - August 9, 2019