Kik Interactive, the creator of the popular chat platform Kik, today announced the Kin token distribution event (TDE) will commence on Sept. 12, 9:00 a.m. ET. To date, 17,075 individuals from 139 countries have registered to participate in the token sale, in which Kik will look to raise a total of US$125 million.
TDE participants will have 24 hours starting on Sept. 12, 9:00 a.m. ET to participate up to US$4,393. This individual cap was determined by dividing the available US$75 million by the total number of registrants. In doing this, we are guaranteeing that not all of the US$75 million will be sold — registered participants who later decide not to participate at all or at the or maximum participation cap will result in unsold tokens. On Sept. 13, 9:00 a.m. ET, these unsold tokens will be sold in a subsequent sale for registered participants who would like to buy more. The maximum participation cap will be incrementally raised over the first hour and then be removed until all tokens are sold.
Kik has already raised US$50 million in a presale round, leaving 512 billion Kin tokens valued at US$75 million available for the public token sale. Notable participants of the pre-sale included Blockchain Capital, Pantera Capital, and Polychain Capital.
Only those who completed registration before Sept. 9 can participate in the TDE, which will only take place on kin.kik.com.
- Smartlands to Digitise Own Equity; Unveils Plans For Security Token Offering in the US - December 9, 2019
- ShareRing Partners with Thailand’s new E-Visa System: Mainstream Blockchain Adoption - December 9, 2019
- ELEV8CON adds BBVA, Bumble Bee Foods, State Street, Ticketmaster to Lineup for Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Asset Conference - December 9, 2019
- Mintdice – Playing it Fair with Blockchain - December 9, 2019
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019