Kik Interactive, the creator of the popular chat platform Kik, today announced the Kin token distribution event (TDE) will commence on Sept. 12, 9:00 a.m. ET. To date, 17,075 individuals from 139 countries have registered to participate in the token sale, in which Kik will look to raise a total of US$125 million.
TDE participants will have 24 hours starting on Sept. 12, 9:00 a.m. ET to participate up to US$4,393. This individual cap was determined by dividing the available US$75 million by the total number of registrants. In doing this, we are guaranteeing that not all of the US$75 million will be sold — registered participants who later decide not to participate at all or at the or maximum participation cap will result in unsold tokens. On Sept. 13, 9:00 a.m. ET, these unsold tokens will be sold in a subsequent sale for registered participants who would like to buy more. The maximum participation cap will be incrementally raised over the first hour and then be removed until all tokens are sold.
Kik has already raised US$50 million in a presale round, leaving 512 billion Kin tokens valued at US$75 million available for the public token sale. Notable participants of the pre-sale included Blockchain Capital, Pantera Capital, and Polychain Capital.
Only those who completed registration before Sept. 9 can participate in the TDE, which will only take place on kin.kik.com.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019