Kik Interactive, the creator of the popular chat platform Kik, today announced the Kin token distribution event (TDE) will commence on Sept. 12, 9:00 a.m. ET. To date, 17,075 individuals from 139 countries have registered to participate in the token sale, in which Kik will look to raise a total of US$125 million.
TDE participants will have 24 hours starting on Sept. 12, 9:00 a.m. ET to participate up to US$4,393. This individual cap was determined by dividing the available US$75 million by the total number of registrants. In doing this, we are guaranteeing that not all of the US$75 million will be sold — registered participants who later decide not to participate at all or at the or maximum participation cap will result in unsold tokens. On Sept. 13, 9:00 a.m. ET, these unsold tokens will be sold in a subsequent sale for registered participants who would like to buy more. The maximum participation cap will be incrementally raised over the first hour and then be removed until all tokens are sold.
Kik has already raised US$50 million in a presale round, leaving 512 billion Kin tokens valued at US$75 million available for the public token sale. Notable participants of the pre-sale included Blockchain Capital, Pantera Capital, and Polychain Capital.
Only those who completed registration before Sept. 9 can participate in the TDE, which will only take place on kin.kik.com.
- OneFeather and BlocPal to Provide First Nations with Digital Financial Services - July 23, 2019
- Government Committee Wants Total Ban on Cryptocurrencies in India - July 23, 2019
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Historic $224 Million SIM Swap Lawsuit by Crypto Luminary Michael Terpin Against Telco Giant AT&T Mobility - July 23, 2019
- RENBDO: First ICO Approved by European Commission – 70 Percent Funding From EU - July 22, 2019
- Chinese Government Blockchain Standardized Certification Received by Lenovo, Alipay, and Aelf - July 22, 2019
- KPMG Teams Up With Tomia, Microsoft And R3 To Create A Near Real-time Settlement Network For Telecom Companies - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based ‘Lunar Registry’ Launched - July 22, 2019
- Daimler launches hardware Car Wallet with RIDDLE&CODE - July 22, 2019
- Ugandan President to Explore use of Blockchain to Tackle Counterfeit Drugs - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019