A new cryptocurrency exchange called Mandarin that proposes to minimise the risks of centralization while acknowledging the benefits of conventional exchanges through the concept of distributed management, has kicked off their Token Sale.
Mandarin began a one-month crowdsale on 29 August 2017 to divide company assets into 1,000,000 Mandarin ERC20 tokens (MNT), distributed among investors, promoters (through bounty programmes) and the developers. In the first week the project raised $300,000.
To minimise early devaluation, only 5% is reserved for promotions, with the same percentage awarded as incentives to early investors. The bulk of the tokens (70%) will be sold during the ICO, while 20% will be locked in the exchange.
Apart from the direct sharing of profits from the exchange, investors who own at least 10 MNT become members of the exchange community, allowing them to participate in the adoption of key decisions on its management. These include:
- introduction of new currency pairs
- expansion of functional capacities
- modification of existing capacities (including maintaining exchange funds for liquidity)
- voting on cold wallet fund withdrawals (with a tentative 35% vote threshold to activate)
Furthermore, the top investors (those owning more than 1% of total or 10,000 MNT) will gain access to an admin panel with expanded statistics on trading, current exchange rates and platform load.
The Mandarin founders say they have attempted a fair pricing formation.
The sale price of 700,000 MNT will be dynamically adjusted based on total amount raised, with an exact price defined after the end of the ICO on 29 September, or until a hard cap of 70,000 ETH is reached.
The exchange plans to launch the exchange in October 2017 and offers zero commissions on all trades to attract new users.
From January 2018, commissions of 0.05% will be applied, after which investors will receive their first weekly distribution of profits in February 2018. A final commission hike to 0.1% will take place in April.
At the start of platform there will be 19 currency pairs across six cryptocurrencies (BTC, ETH, DASH, ZEC, LTC, XMR) and three national currencies (USD, RUB, CNY).
The exchange also has plans in 2018 for a premium program, a trading app for smartphones and debit cards.
Centralized exchanges are failing the market
Regulated or otherwise, centralized exchanges suffer from generally poor reputations when it comes to basic service criteria such as customer service, security and reliability. Support response times get lengthier and user funds can disappear in convenient “hacks”.
Power to the people
Mandarin’s goal is to create a unique exchange platform with distributed management. By allowing its users to have a say in the exchange operations, through voting power expressed by ownership of stakes in the exchange, control is no longer concentrated among administrators and owners, but distributed among all stakeholders.
What Mandarin wants
Through a use of simple smart contracts and a voting system, Mandarin aims to address several key shortfalls of exchanges:
- prevent embezzlement of funds by platform administrators
- regulatory intervention in financial transactions
- transparent cold wallets with added security levels such as multi-sig
- democratic selection of new coin listings
At the same time, it attempts to maintain and improve on features that users find most useful on conventional exchanges, such as the ability to conduct margin trading.
The Mandarin ICO
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain - May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) - May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects - May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy - May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin - May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification - May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger - May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case - May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra - May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel - May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange - May 6, 2019
- Bitfinex $1 Billion IEO Details Leaked – Plans To Use Money To Cover Frozen Funds - May 6, 2019