A new cryptocurrency exchange called Mandarin that proposes to minimise the risks of centralization while acknowledging the benefits of conventional exchanges through the concept of distributed management, has kicked off their Token Sale.
Mandarin began a one-month crowdsale on 29 August 2017 to divide company assets into 1,000,000 Mandarin ERC20 tokens (MNT), distributed among investors, promoters (through bounty programmes) and the developers. In the first week the project raised $300,000.
To minimise early devaluation, only 5% is reserved for promotions, with the same percentage awarded as incentives to early investors. The bulk of the tokens (70%) will be sold during the ICO, while 20% will be locked in the exchange.
Apart from the direct sharing of profits from the exchange, investors who own at least 10 MNT become members of the exchange community, allowing them to participate in the adoption of key decisions on its management. These include:
- introduction of new currency pairs
- expansion of functional capacities
- modification of existing capacities (including maintaining exchange funds for liquidity)
- voting on cold wallet fund withdrawals (with a tentative 35% vote threshold to activate)
Furthermore, the top investors (those owning more than 1% of total or 10,000 MNT) will gain access to an admin panel with expanded statistics on trading, current exchange rates and platform load.
The Mandarin founders say they have attempted a fair pricing formation.
The sale price of 700,000 MNT will be dynamically adjusted based on total amount raised, with an exact price defined after the end of the ICO on 29 September, or until a hard cap of 70,000 ETH is reached.
The exchange plans to launch the exchange in October 2017 and offers zero commissions on all trades to attract new users.
From January 2018, commissions of 0.05% will be applied, after which investors will receive their first weekly distribution of profits in February 2018. A final commission hike to 0.1% will take place in April.
At the start of platform there will be 19 currency pairs across six cryptocurrencies (BTC, ETH, DASH, ZEC, LTC, XMR) and three national currencies (USD, RUB, CNY).
The exchange also has plans in 2018 for a premium program, a trading app for smartphones and debit cards.
Centralized exchanges are failing the market
Regulated or otherwise, centralized exchanges suffer from generally poor reputations when it comes to basic service criteria such as customer service, security and reliability. Support response times get lengthier and user funds can disappear in convenient “hacks”.
Power to the people
Mandarin’s goal is to create a unique exchange platform with distributed management. By allowing its users to have a say in the exchange operations, through voting power expressed by ownership of stakes in the exchange, control is no longer concentrated among administrators and owners, but distributed among all stakeholders.
What Mandarin wants
Through a use of simple smart contracts and a voting system, Mandarin aims to address several key shortfalls of exchanges:
- prevent embezzlement of funds by platform administrators
- regulatory intervention in financial transactions
- transparent cold wallets with added security levels such as multi-sig
- democratic selection of new coin listings
At the same time, it attempts to maintain and improve on features that users find most useful on conventional exchanges, such as the ability to conduct margin trading.
The Mandarin ICO
- Blythe Masters Resigns as CEO of Digital Asset - December 18, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures Uses Ravencoin Blockchain for Equity Purchase in Chainstone Labs – Completes $3.6 Million Securities Token Transfer - December 18, 2018
- Despite Market Downturn – eToro Survey Reveals Strong Interest in Cryptoasset Education - December 18, 2018
- BlockIMMO brings Blockchain Technology Platform to Tokenize Fractional Real Estate Investment - December 17, 2018
- Algorand Appoints Dual Ph.D. Rock Star Pablo Azar as Chief Economist - December 17, 2018
- Dascoin – Anatomy of Multilevel Marketing Crypto Scam – Coinmarketcap Zero - December 17, 2018
- Dutch Blockchain Company Tymlez Group Starts Trading on Australian Stock Exchange (ASX) - December 13, 2018
- DNAtix Releases Live Demo of its Blockchain based Genetic Infrastructure Platform - December 11, 2018
- IOHK Launches Secure Smart Contracts Technology for Cardano blockchain - December 11, 2018
- XYO Network to Launch of Blockchain Satellite on SpaceX Falcon 9 - December 11, 2018
- Algo Capital to Invest In Promising Companies Built on Algorand Platform – Announces $100 Million Blockchain Fund - December 11, 2018
- Stackr Taps into AI For Investment Solutions to Power a New Savings Solution - December 11, 2018
- Walt Disney Company Cuts Deal with Blockchain-fueled PlayGame.com to Bring Games to Southeast Asian Fans - December 11, 2018
- Huobi Releases New Derivative Market On Huobi Global - December 11, 2018
- Ledger Expands to New York City - November 26, 2018
- Genetics Prof. David Haymer Joins DNAtix Advisory Board - November 12, 2018
- Libra Announces Commitment to Support Circle Trade’s Financial Reporting Requirements - November 10, 2018
- Evident Proof, Leading Blockchain Immutable Proof Platform Accept Dash & XRP As Business Adoption Soars - November 10, 2018
- Ethereum Now On Hyperledger Fabric - October 28, 2018
- 8000+ Expected – Blockchain Expo North America Exhibition Announces Expert Speakers - October 26, 2018