The top honors of the 4th Annual Central European Startup Awards (CESA) went to DECENT, the creators of an adaptable, purpose-based Blockchain system designed for seamless integration for companies and developers with a focus on purchasing and selling digital goods.
The company, headquartered in Bratislava, Slovakia, won the award for Startup of the Year with their innovative Blockchain system and proprietary project DECENT GO, a Blockchain based google play-like marketplace for all digital goods.
Last Thursday marked the Slovak National, 4th Annual Central European Startup Awards (CESA), a series of events in the CEE countries, to recognize and celebrate the entrepreneurial spirit and startup ecosystems of this colourful and diverse region.
The Slovak national final hosted startup companies from all over the region competing to receive one of the highly regarded awards (11 in total). Winners were presented with certificates and advance to the CESA Grand Finale.
DECENT also won for Best Newcomer in the startup community. They officially launched their product in June of this year. Already they have several 3rd parties interested in building their projects on top of DECENT’s Blockchain technology.
Additional awards went to reputable startups in different categories including GCR for social impact, TNtech in biotech, Instarea for smart city solutions, Matsuko in AI, and eDocu for IoT. The most influential people within the startup community were also recognized with awards going to Daniel Minariko (korner.bi) for Founder of the Year and Neulogy Ventures for Investor of the Year.
All National Winners at CESA are invited to the international grand finals. The Central European Startup Awards Grand Finale will take place on the 23rd of November in Sofia-Bulgaria. DECENT will be competing against the likes of Symvaro and Timeular from Austria; and UiPath and TypingDNA from Romania. Others will be added to the list of companies considered as the regional awards are decided.
In the end, finalists from 10 countries will go head to head for the chance at being named Central Europe’s Best startup company in their respective category. Public voting will be open on the 4th of October. Friends and followers of the competing startups are encouraged to show support by voting for their favorite startup.
DECENT is a Blockchain-based digital media distribution platform designed to bring more transparency and fairness to the media industry. DECENT allows artists to efficiently distribute any form of content online without having to wait for payment or pay hefty fees. DECENT’s purpose-developed Blockchain will revolutionize data distribution, saving content producers money and giving them more control without compromising on security.
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019