The top honors of the 4th Annual Central European Startup Awards (CESA) went to DECENT, the creators of an adaptable, purpose-based Blockchain system designed for seamless integration for companies and developers with a focus on purchasing and selling digital goods.
The company, headquartered in Bratislava, Slovakia, won the award for Startup of the Year with their innovative Blockchain system and proprietary project DECENT GO, a Blockchain based google play-like marketplace for all digital goods.
Last Thursday marked the Slovak National, 4th Annual Central European Startup Awards (CESA), a series of events in the CEE countries, to recognize and celebrate the entrepreneurial spirit and startup ecosystems of this colourful and diverse region.
The Slovak national final hosted startup companies from all over the region competing to receive one of the highly regarded awards (11 in total). Winners were presented with certificates and advance to the CESA Grand Finale.
DECENT also won for Best Newcomer in the startup community. They officially launched their product in June of this year. Already they have several 3rd parties interested in building their projects on top of DECENT’s Blockchain technology.
Additional awards went to reputable startups in different categories including GCR for social impact, TNtech in biotech, Instarea for smart city solutions, Matsuko in AI, and eDocu for IoT. The most influential people within the startup community were also recognized with awards going to Daniel Minariko (korner.bi) for Founder of the Year and Neulogy Ventures for Investor of the Year.
All National Winners at CESA are invited to the international grand finals. The Central European Startup Awards Grand Finale will take place on the 23rd of November in Sofia-Bulgaria. DECENT will be competing against the likes of Symvaro and Timeular from Austria; and UiPath and TypingDNA from Romania. Others will be added to the list of companies considered as the regional awards are decided.
In the end, finalists from 10 countries will go head to head for the chance at being named Central Europe’s Best startup company in their respective category. Public voting will be open on the 4th of October. Friends and followers of the competing startups are encouraged to show support by voting for their favorite startup.
DECENT is a Blockchain-based digital media distribution platform designed to bring more transparency and fairness to the media industry. DECENT allows artists to efficiently distribute any form of content online without having to wait for payment or pay hefty fees. DECENT’s purpose-developed Blockchain will revolutionize data distribution, saving content producers money and giving them more control without compromising on security.
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019