The top honors of the 4th Annual Central European Startup Awards (CESA) went to DECENT, the creators of an adaptable, purpose-based Blockchain system designed for seamless integration for companies and developers with a focus on purchasing and selling digital goods.
The company, headquartered in Bratislava, Slovakia, won the award for Startup of the Year with their innovative Blockchain system and proprietary project DECENT GO, a Blockchain based google play-like marketplace for all digital goods.
Last Thursday marked the Slovak National, 4th Annual Central European Startup Awards (CESA), a series of events in the CEE countries, to recognize and celebrate the entrepreneurial spirit and startup ecosystems of this colourful and diverse region.
The Slovak national final hosted startup companies from all over the region competing to receive one of the highly regarded awards (11 in total). Winners were presented with certificates and advance to the CESA Grand Finale.
DECENT also won for Best Newcomer in the startup community. They officially launched their product in June of this year. Already they have several 3rd parties interested in building their projects on top of DECENT’s Blockchain technology.
Additional awards went to reputable startups in different categories including GCR for social impact, TNtech in biotech, Instarea for smart city solutions, Matsuko in AI, and eDocu for IoT. The most influential people within the startup community were also recognized with awards going to Daniel Minariko (korner.bi) for Founder of the Year and Neulogy Ventures for Investor of the Year.
All National Winners at CESA are invited to the international grand finals. The Central European Startup Awards Grand Finale will take place on the 23rd of November in Sofia-Bulgaria. DECENT will be competing against the likes of Symvaro and Timeular from Austria; and UiPath and TypingDNA from Romania. Others will be added to the list of companies considered as the regional awards are decided.
In the end, finalists from 10 countries will go head to head for the chance at being named Central Europe’s Best startup company in their respective category. Public voting will be open on the 4th of October. Friends and followers of the competing startups are encouraged to show support by voting for their favorite startup.
DECENT is a Blockchain-based digital media distribution platform designed to bring more transparency and fairness to the media industry. DECENT allows artists to efficiently distribute any form of content online without having to wait for payment or pay hefty fees. DECENT’s purpose-developed Blockchain will revolutionize data distribution, saving content producers money and giving them more control without compromising on security.
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019
- Interview: Brock Pierce and Two Prime’s Alexander S. Blum - November 4, 2019
- Samsung Bullish on Blockchain – Pushing for Developers on New Samsung Blockchain Platform SDK - November 1, 2019
- Busted: SEC and CFTC Nail First Global Credit – a Swiss Security-Based Bitcoin Swaps Dealer That Allegedly Aimed at American Investors - November 1, 2019
- Zilliqa and Oxford Women in Computer Science Society Join to Bring Diversity to Blockchain Sector - November 1, 2019