The top honors of the 4th Annual Central European Startup Awards (CESA) went to DECENT, the creators of an adaptable, purpose-based Blockchain system designed for seamless integration for companies and developers with a focus on purchasing and selling digital goods.
The company, headquartered in Bratislava, Slovakia, won the award for Startup of the Year with their innovative Blockchain system and proprietary project DECENT GO, a Blockchain based google play-like marketplace for all digital goods.
Last Thursday marked the Slovak National, 4th Annual Central European Startup Awards (CESA), a series of events in the CEE countries, to recognize and celebrate the entrepreneurial spirit and startup ecosystems of this colourful and diverse region.
The Slovak national final hosted startup companies from all over the region competing to receive one of the highly regarded awards (11 in total). Winners were presented with certificates and advance to the CESA Grand Finale.
DECENT also won for Best Newcomer in the startup community. They officially launched their product in June of this year. Already they have several 3rd parties interested in building their projects on top of DECENT’s Blockchain technology.
Additional awards went to reputable startups in different categories including GCR for social impact, TNtech in biotech, Instarea for smart city solutions, Matsuko in AI, and eDocu for IoT. The most influential people within the startup community were also recognized with awards going to Daniel Minariko (korner.bi) for Founder of the Year and Neulogy Ventures for Investor of the Year.
All National Winners at CESA are invited to the international grand finals. The Central European Startup Awards Grand Finale will take place on the 23rd of November in Sofia-Bulgaria. DECENT will be competing against the likes of Symvaro and Timeular from Austria; and UiPath and TypingDNA from Romania. Others will be added to the list of companies considered as the regional awards are decided.
In the end, finalists from 10 countries will go head to head for the chance at being named Central Europe’s Best startup company in their respective category. Public voting will be open on the 4th of October. Friends and followers of the competing startups are encouraged to show support by voting for their favorite startup.
DECENT is a Blockchain-based digital media distribution platform designed to bring more transparency and fairness to the media industry. DECENT allows artists to efficiently distribute any form of content online without having to wait for payment or pay hefty fees. DECENT’s purpose-developed Blockchain will revolutionize data distribution, saving content producers money and giving them more control without compromising on security.
- OneFeather and BlocPal to Provide First Nations with Digital Financial Services - July 23, 2019
- Government Committee Wants Total Ban on Cryptocurrencies in India - July 23, 2019
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Historic $224 Million SIM Swap Lawsuit by Crypto Luminary Michael Terpin Against Telco Giant AT&T Mobility - July 23, 2019
- RENBDO: First ICO Approved by European Commission – 70 Percent Funding From EU - July 22, 2019
- Chinese Government Blockchain Standardized Certification Received by Lenovo, Alipay, and Aelf - July 22, 2019
- KPMG Teams Up With Tomia, Microsoft And R3 To Create A Near Real-time Settlement Network For Telecom Companies - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based ‘Lunar Registry’ Launched - July 22, 2019
- Daimler launches hardware Car Wallet with RIDDLE&CODE - July 22, 2019
- Ugandan President to Explore use of Blockchain to Tackle Counterfeit Drugs - July 22, 2019
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019