Steemit, has announced the launch of a new cryptocurrency product that will seamlessly connect content-hosting websites to new revenue streams, consumer bases, and development opportunities.
This fall, Steemit will release new software that allows top publications, mainstream publishers, and social media platforms to create native tokens based on the Steem Blockchain, allowing companies to integrate a customizable and intelligent token system into their website, portal, or platform.
The protocol enables anyone to launch Smart Media Tokens (SMTs) for their website, app, or community, from The New York Times to Subreddits to an independent WordPress blog, with the potential to create transaction revenue in ways that paywalls and subscriptions continue to come up short. SMTs are designed to reward publishers and consumers with native tokens based upon their contributions to the platform, based on likes, votes, views, shares and comments.
CEO of Steemit Ned Scott said,:
“Print is dying, ad integration is inefficient, distracting, and generally unwanted by consumers, all of which has led to a widespread battle to monetize content. SMTs represent the new frontier of a tokenized internet. We are going to see native tokens across thousands of mainstream websites where content is curated by the crowd, and publications and content hosts can establish dedicated revenue streams to allow richer and smarter content targeted directly to a user base.”
SMTs will be a native protocol on the Steem Blockchain, one of the most scalable and efficient Blockchains in the industry, allowing content publishers of any size to implement revolutionary new revenue models based on consumer engagement and interaction.
The Steem Blockchain is faster and larger than the Bitcoin and Ethereum Blockchains combined. It has 3 second block times with zero fees (a feature SMTs will share), and is capable of quickly processing the large number of micro-transactions required for any media entity across the globe.
SMTs can be run by any publisher without changing any website infrastructure or functions. This marks a significant step toward bringing Blockchain and cryptocurrency to mainstream media in an accessible and attainable way, breaking down barriers to enter the fastest growing industry in fintech, while creating a mutually beneficial bridge between consumers, content, and media revenue.
“Steemit represents the future of the internet and SMTs are how we will deliver that token-infused future for many, many more websites. Any website, application, community, or guild will be able to launch one of these tokens and integrate with various web interfaces in seconds. These tokens will be far-and-away the most user-friendly, inexpensive, secure and, most importantly, monetizable way of launching your own coin, fundraising for an organization, growing your community, and generating revenue for your enterprise.”
Steemit has experienced exponential growth since its launch in May 2016, with hundreds of thousands of users on the platform. For more information visit smt.steem.io and you can read the full whitepaper here.
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain - May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) - May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects - May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy - May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin - May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification - May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger - May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case - May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra - May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel - May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange - May 6, 2019
- Bitfinex $1 Billion IEO Details Leaked – Plans To Use Money To Cover Frozen Funds - May 6, 2019