Steemit, has announced the launch of a new cryptocurrency product that will seamlessly connect content-hosting websites to new revenue streams, consumer bases, and development opportunities.
This fall, Steemit will release new software that allows top publications, mainstream publishers, and social media platforms to create native tokens based on the Steem Blockchain, allowing companies to integrate a customizable and intelligent token system into their website, portal, or platform.
The protocol enables anyone to launch Smart Media Tokens (SMTs) for their website, app, or community, from The New York Times to Subreddits to an independent Wordpress blog, with the potential to create transaction revenue in ways that paywalls and subscriptions continue to come up short. SMTs are designed to reward publishers and consumers with native tokens based upon their contributions to the platform, based on likes, votes, views, shares and comments.
CEO of Steemit Ned Scott said,:
“Print is dying, ad integration is inefficient, distracting, and generally unwanted by consumers, all of which has led to a widespread battle to monetize content. SMTs represent the new frontier of a tokenized internet. We are going to see native tokens across thousands of mainstream websites where content is curated by the crowd, and publications and content hosts can establish dedicated revenue streams to allow richer and smarter content targeted directly to a user base.”
SMTs will be a native protocol on the Steem Blockchain, one of the most scalable and efficient Blockchains in the industry, allowing content publishers of any size to implement revolutionary new revenue models based on consumer engagement and interaction.
The Steem Blockchain is faster and larger than the Bitcoin and Ethereum Blockchains combined. It has 3 second block times with zero fees (a feature SMTs will share), and is capable of quickly processing the large number of micro-transactions required for any media entity across the globe.
SMTs can be run by any publisher without changing any website infrastructure or functions. This marks a significant step toward bringing Blockchain and cryptocurrency to mainstream media in an accessible and attainable way, breaking down barriers to enter the fastest growing industry in fintech, while creating a mutually beneficial bridge between consumers, content, and media revenue.
“Steemit represents the future of the internet and SMTs are how we will deliver that token-infused future for many, many more websites. Any website, application, community, or guild will be able to launch one of these tokens and integrate with various web interfaces in seconds. These tokens will be far-and-away the most user-friendly, inexpensive, secure and, most importantly, monetizable way of launching your own coin, fundraising for an organization, growing your community, and generating revenue for your enterprise.”
Steemit has experienced exponential growth since its launch in May 2016, with hundreds of thousands of users on the platform. For more information visit smt.steem.io and you can read the full whitepaper here.
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019
- Interview: Brock Pierce and Two Prime’s Alexander S. Blum - November 4, 2019
- Samsung Bullish on Blockchain – Pushing for Developers on New Samsung Blockchain Platform SDK - November 1, 2019
- Busted: SEC and CFTC Nail First Global Credit – a Swiss Security-Based Bitcoin Swaps Dealer That Allegedly Aimed at American Investors - November 1, 2019
- Zilliqa and Oxford Women in Computer Science Society Join to Bring Diversity to Blockchain Sector - November 1, 2019