Steemit, has announced the launch of a new cryptocurrency product that will seamlessly connect content-hosting websites to new revenue streams, consumer bases, and development opportunities.
This fall, Steemit will release new software that allows top publications, mainstream publishers, and social media platforms to create native tokens based on the Steem Blockchain, allowing companies to integrate a customizable and intelligent token system into their website, portal, or platform.
The protocol enables anyone to launch Smart Media Tokens (SMTs) for their website, app, or community, from The New York Times to Subreddits to an independent WordPress blog, with the potential to create transaction revenue in ways that paywalls and subscriptions continue to come up short. SMTs are designed to reward publishers and consumers with native tokens based upon their contributions to the platform, based on likes, votes, views, shares and comments.
CEO of Steemit Ned Scott said,:
“Print is dying, ad integration is inefficient, distracting, and generally unwanted by consumers, all of which has led to a widespread battle to monetize content. SMTs represent the new frontier of a tokenized internet. We are going to see native tokens across thousands of mainstream websites where content is curated by the crowd, and publications and content hosts can establish dedicated revenue streams to allow richer and smarter content targeted directly to a user base.”
SMTs will be a native protocol on the Steem Blockchain, one of the most scalable and efficient Blockchains in the industry, allowing content publishers of any size to implement revolutionary new revenue models based on consumer engagement and interaction.
The Steem Blockchain is faster and larger than the Bitcoin and Ethereum Blockchains combined. It has 3 second block times with zero fees (a feature SMTs will share), and is capable of quickly processing the large number of micro-transactions required for any media entity across the globe.
SMTs can be run by any publisher without changing any website infrastructure or functions. This marks a significant step toward bringing Blockchain and cryptocurrency to mainstream media in an accessible and attainable way, breaking down barriers to enter the fastest growing industry in fintech, while creating a mutually beneficial bridge between consumers, content, and media revenue.
“Steemit represents the future of the internet and SMTs are how we will deliver that token-infused future for many, many more websites. Any website, application, community, or guild will be able to launch one of these tokens and integrate with various web interfaces in seconds. These tokens will be far-and-away the most user-friendly, inexpensive, secure and, most importantly, monetizable way of launching your own coin, fundraising for an organization, growing your community, and generating revenue for your enterprise.”
Steemit has experienced exponential growth since its launch in May 2016, with hundreds of thousands of users on the platform. For more information visit smt.steem.io and you can read the full whitepaper here.
- Blockchain-Based Travala.com Teams Up with Dash For Hotel Booking Payments - July 18, 2019
- SEC And FINRA Approves First Reg A+ Token Offerings - July 18, 2019
- Tokinex Tolken Sale Sells out in 35 Seconds - July 18, 2019
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019