Steemit, has announced the launch of a new cryptocurrency product that will seamlessly connect content-hosting websites to new revenue streams, consumer bases, and development opportunities.
This fall, Steemit will release new software that allows top publications, mainstream publishers, and social media platforms to create native tokens based on the Steem Blockchain, allowing companies to integrate a customizable and intelligent token system into their website, portal, or platform.
The protocol enables anyone to launch Smart Media Tokens (SMTs) for their website, app, or community, from The New York Times to Subreddits to an independent WordPress blog, with the potential to create transaction revenue in ways that paywalls and subscriptions continue to come up short. SMTs are designed to reward publishers and consumers with native tokens based upon their contributions to the platform, based on likes, votes, views, shares and comments.
CEO of Steemit Ned Scott said,:
“Print is dying, ad integration is inefficient, distracting, and generally unwanted by consumers, all of which has led to a widespread battle to monetize content. SMTs represent the new frontier of a tokenized internet. We are going to see native tokens across thousands of mainstream websites where content is curated by the crowd, and publications and content hosts can establish dedicated revenue streams to allow richer and smarter content targeted directly to a user base.”
SMTs will be a native protocol on the Steem Blockchain, one of the most scalable and efficient Blockchains in the industry, allowing content publishers of any size to implement revolutionary new revenue models based on consumer engagement and interaction.
The Steem Blockchain is faster and larger than the Bitcoin and Ethereum Blockchains combined. It has 3 second block times with zero fees (a feature SMTs will share), and is capable of quickly processing the large number of micro-transactions required for any media entity across the globe.
SMTs can be run by any publisher without changing any website infrastructure or functions. This marks a significant step toward bringing Blockchain and cryptocurrency to mainstream media in an accessible and attainable way, breaking down barriers to enter the fastest growing industry in fintech, while creating a mutually beneficial bridge between consumers, content, and media revenue.
“Steemit represents the future of the internet and SMTs are how we will deliver that token-infused future for many, many more websites. Any website, application, community, or guild will be able to launch one of these tokens and integrate with various web interfaces in seconds. These tokens will be far-and-away the most user-friendly, inexpensive, secure and, most importantly, monetizable way of launching your own coin, fundraising for an organization, growing your community, and generating revenue for your enterprise.”
Steemit has experienced exponential growth since its launch in May 2016, with hundreds of thousands of users on the platform. For more information visit smt.steem.io and you can read the full whitepaper here.
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018
- Ripple Unveils Ripple for Good, Plans $100 Million Philanthropy Fund - September 27, 2018
- Electroneum Roars into Top 50 cryptocurrencies - September 27, 2018
- Zcoin Implements Dandelion – Better Privacy on the Blockchain - September 26, 2018
- Leading Global Wealth Management Firm, The Geneva Management Group (GMG) Announces Launch Of New Cryptocurrency Advice Desk - September 25, 2018
- BlockSafe Technologies Rolling out SEC Compliant Security Token Offering - September 25, 2018
- Global Banks Testing Blockchain to Speed up Transactions – 75 join Interbank Information Network (IIN) - September 25, 2018
- ProximaX Sponsors SportsFix Digital StadiumTM for BWF Victor Korea Open - September 25, 2018
- China’s Crypto Mining Behemoth Backs Houston Rockets for the 2018-2019 season - September 20, 2018
- Humanitarian Blockchain Project Humaniq Doubles Number of Nations Where it Brings Better Options for Unbanked - September 20, 2018
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018