STK announced plans for a Token Generation Event (TGE) which will run from October 25-November 3, 2017 with a pre-sale available to registered participants from October 11-24, 2017. Proceeds from the sale will support ongoing development and future implementation of the STK token with partners around.
Built on the Ethereum Blockchain as an ERC20 token, the STK token will enable users to transact with cryptocurrency in mainstream markets and at brick-and-mortar stores without the cumbersome exchange process typical of most cryptocurrencies.
The STK token will be initially available through STACK – a digital financial services provider being launched in Canadalater this year. STACK was designed to replace traditional banking with smarter solutions to personal finance.
“We’re working towards a universally accessible alternative to traditional banking that allows you to store your money safely, access it instantly and transact with it anywhere, in any currency, including cryptocurrency,” said Miro Pavletic, Director of STK Global Payments. “Cryptocurrency is an emerging and exciting market, but it’s got a high barrier to entry. Through this partnership with STACK, we’re trying to simplify the Blockchain process so that you can use your STK tokens as easily as you would a debit card or cash.”
A lack of merchant acceptance of cryptocurrencies at point of sale and online means that consumers are currently required to exchange cryptocurrencies into local currency in order to make everyday purchases. And minimum confirmation times for bitcoin and ether are too long for day-to-day transactions. STK tokens will allow users to access a real-time exchange so cryptocurrency can be used for daily transactions online and in-store.
“STK aims to break down the cryptocurrency usability barrier and make crypto as familiar to use as traditional payments, all with no fees and no confirmation delays,” said Ethan Wilding, co-founder of Ledger Labs, and a founding team member of Ethereum. “To do this they are leading the way by implementing a cutting-edge Ethereum Blockchain technique called State Channels; this technique will be become the standard for many types of cryptocurrency payments.”
STK’s website and whitepaper recently launched at www.stktoken.com.
- Token Taxonomy Workshop – - January 24, 2020
- Deloitte Bullish on Libra Project in New Report - January 22, 2020
- Busted: SEC Charges Blockchain Marketplace Founder Sergii “Sergey” Grybniak for Fraudulent ICO 2017 - January 22, 2020
- DC Blockchain Advocacy Group US Chamber of Digital Commerce Supports Telegram Vs. SEC Case - January 22, 2020
- BIS Forms New Central Bank Think Tank to Assess National Cryptocurrencies - January 22, 2020
- Bank of England Pondering National Cryptocurrency - January 22, 2020
- Infamous Online Gaming Community Clanbase to Relaunch With Blockchain Technology in 2021 - January 21, 2020
- Chainalysis: 2019 Saw More Cryptocurrency Hacks – Total Amount Stolen From Exchanges Dropped To $283 Million - January 21, 2020
- J. Christopher Giancarlo, former Chairman of the US Commodity Futures Trading Commission - January 21, 2020
- Ethereum Classic Labs Donates $1 Million to UNICEF Innovation Ventures - January 20, 2020
- Busted: SEC and U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey Files Lawsuits Against Fraudulent ICO that raised $30 million - January 17, 2020
- Kenya Issues Second ICO Warning After Investors Lose €24+ Million Euro - January 17, 2020
- Neufund Wraps Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding Series B with Greyp Bikes raising €1.4m EUR - January 17, 2020
- U.S. Lawmakers Pondering “Crypto-Currency Act of 2020” - January 17, 2020
- New Blockchain-based Visa Token Service Set To Launch in 2020 – Set to Reach $1 Trillion - January 17, 2020
- Germany’s New Shore Invest Launches STO Ship Financing Platform – Tokenised Fractional Ownership - January 16, 2020
- Open Source Luminary Marc Fleury Enters Crypto Arena with Announcement of New Crypto Asset Class and Continuous Token Offering Sale - January 16, 2020
- UN Warns Public Not To Attend North Korea Blockchain and Cryptocurrency Conference 2020 - January 16, 2020
- Fiat-to-Crypto Gateway Solution, Banxa, Raises $2 Million USD Series A Round Led By NGC Ventures - January 15, 2020
- United Africa Blockchain Association Plans to Fire Up Blockchain Adoption - January 14, 2020