STK announced plans for a Token Generation Event (TGE) which will run from October 25-November 3, 2017 with a pre-sale available to registered participants from October 11-24, 2017. Proceeds from the sale will support ongoing development and future implementation of the STK token with partners around.
Built on the Ethereum Blockchain as an ERC20 token, the STK token will enable users to transact with cryptocurrency in mainstream markets and at brick-and-mortar stores without the cumbersome exchange process typical of most cryptocurrencies.
The STK token will be initially available through STACK – a digital financial services provider being launched in Canadalater this year. STACK was designed to replace traditional banking with smarter solutions to personal finance.
“We’re working towards a universally accessible alternative to traditional banking that allows you to store your money safely, access it instantly and transact with it anywhere, in any currency, including cryptocurrency,” said Miro Pavletic, Director of STK Global Payments. “Cryptocurrency is an emerging and exciting market, but it’s got a high barrier to entry. Through this partnership with STACK, we’re trying to simplify the Blockchain process so that you can use your STK tokens as easily as you would a debit card or cash.”
A lack of merchant acceptance of cryptocurrencies at point of sale and online means that consumers are currently required to exchange cryptocurrencies into local currency in order to make everyday purchases. And minimum confirmation times for bitcoin and ether are too long for day-to-day transactions. STK tokens will allow users to access a real-time exchange so cryptocurrency can be used for daily transactions online and in-store.
“STK aims to break down the cryptocurrency usability barrier and make crypto as familiar to use as traditional payments, all with no fees and no confirmation delays,” said Ethan Wilding, co-founder of Ledger Labs, and a founding team member of Ethereum. “To do this they are leading the way by implementing a cutting-edge Ethereum Blockchain technique called State Channels; this technique will be become the standard for many types of cryptocurrency payments.”
STK’s website and whitepaper recently launched at www.stktoken.com.
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019
- IBM to Track Fresh Shrimp on the Blockchain - May 8, 2019
- Binance Cryptocurrency Exchange Hacked for 7000 BTC (USD $40 million) - May 8, 2019
- Gate.io Reports Success on First Three Successful IEO Projects - May 8, 2019
- Deloitte and RIDDLE&CODE expand partnership to enable the Token Economy - May 8, 2019
- Alprockz Partners with Fusion Foundation to Accelerate Swiss Franc-backed Stablecoin - May 6, 2019
- Major Canadian Banks Choose Blockchain Solution for Identity Verification - May 6, 2019
- Big Pharma Giant Pfizer and Others Join Life Sciences and Healthcare Blockchain Project MediLedger - May 6, 2019
- Craig Wright Pressured to Produce Evidence of Bitcoin and Blind Trust in the Dave Kleiman vs Craig Wright 1.1 Million BTC Court Case - May 6, 2019
- Facebook Kicks Off with their New Cryptocurrency Project Libra - May 6, 2019
- Vanbex Fights Back Against Asset Seizure in Civil Case by Suing Former Contractor for Libel - May 6, 2019
- Philippines’ CEZA Awards ADAX Rights to Open a Security Token Issuance platform and Security Trading Exchange - May 6, 2019
- Bitfinex $1 Billion IEO Details Leaked – Plans To Use Money To Cover Frozen Funds - May 6, 2019