Blockchain Startup Unolabo has announced a new project and Token Sale called Unolabo Global Skillmarket, a platform based on a self-regulating market mechanism that will become the foundation for a global marketplace of human skills and secure P2P transactions using smart contracts hosted on the Ethereum Blockchain.
The implementation, according to the team, is a key step towards defeating poverty around the world and an impetus for accelerated economic development at a local level.
The platform will provide users with information about the regions of the world where current demand and remuneration for their skills is greatest.
In addition, it will make cryptopayments affordable for millions of users around the world. Unolabo is tailored to the needs of the “next billion users”, thanks to whom explosive growth in demand for the service is expected in Asia.
Over the next 3 years (by 2020), the company plans to involve 10 per cent of the total number of active mobile users, that is, more than 85 million people around the world. An ICO is currently in progress, allowing the company to attract the necessary funds to quickly launch its service in several key regions.
Each year the imbalance in the international labor market becomes more pronounced; according to experts, it will reach a critical level by 2030.
As some countries struggle to find a solution to a shortage of labor, others are concerned about rising unemployment.
For example, the unemployment rate in India is 5 per cent. As it is the second most populous country in the world, the total number of unemployed people is about 65 million.
In addition to the above, an estimated 77 per cent of the total population of India has no one in their family with a regular income such as a set wage.
Discrepancies between supply and demand in the labor market force both workers and employers to pay regular visits to portals specializing in freelance work.
This is one of the main factors affecting market growth: over the past 10 years, the number of employees who sign temporary employment contracts and choose to work remotely has increased by 66 per cent.
For some, freelance work is their only available source of income, while others choose between office-based employment and the ability to work remotely and manage their own schedule.
The international freelance market is growing by about 15–20 per cent yearly in quantitative terms and by 40 per cent in monetary value. According to Staffing Industry Analysts, this market will reach $16 billion by 2020 (the optimistic forecast is $46 billion).
A study by McKinsey showed that by 2025 more than 540 million people will find freelance work using specialized platforms, which will significantly reduce the unemployment rate in many countries. At the same time, about 72 million professionals will find remote work equivalent to traditional employment contracts.
“Our project’s mission is to solve the unemployment problem. We will contribute to the personal development and increase the self-esteem of representatives of the “next billion users” of the mobile Internet, who are expected to become active by 2030. By that time, the global labor market will reach 3.5 billion people, and the world economy will face a shortage of workers with higher education and an overabundance of low-skilled workers. As a result, there is great potential and demand for a brand-new high-tech service, which operates as a global mechanism for self-regulation of the market. Our key characteristics are global coverage, independence, accessibility, speed, and security,” commented Unolabo’s founder, Timur Galiev.
Unolabo Skillmarket is a platform that allows anyone to act as a client or contractor. Deals are concluded without any intermediaries (using a peer-to-peer model). The interface will be tailored to users who cannot read and write: functions will include video, photo and voice recording, allowing users to briefly present their skills, as well as voice and video instructions for using the service.
Unolabo say they will have the lowest commission fees among indirect competitors. Secure transactions will use smart contracts hosted on the Blockchain, permitting users to conclude international deals.
- UC Berkeley Opens New Blockchain Lab – Steve Chen Appointed to Co-Lead Newly Formed Berkeley Blockchain Lab - December 10, 2017
- Peter Vessenes Announces Deluge Network To Support a Safe and Direct Way to Contribute Bitcoin Directly to ICOs - December 5, 2017
- EXMO Launches Token Sale with Blockstarter’s ICO Solution - December 5, 2017
- AdHive, A Blockchain-Based Native Advertising Platform, Engages with WINGS DAO Platform - December 5, 2017
- Perkins Coie Adds SEC Attorney in San Francisco with Fintech and Blockchain Experience - December 5, 2017
- Cryptocurrency Monero Announces Breakthrough Online Shopping Initiative Featuring Top Global Artists’ Music and Merchandise - December 5, 2017
- Bitcoin for a ‘bit’ of Caribbean paradise - December 5, 2017
- With the Launch of SunCoin, Solar Bankers Takes On the World’s Energy Giants - December 4, 2017
- Blockchain News Is Merging With Token Report - November 30, 2017
- Mira launches Pre-ICO for Mira – an Easy and Convenient Way to Buy, Store and Send Cryptocurrency - November 23, 2017
- Dash and KuvaCash Partner to Fight Inflation in Zimbabwe with Cryptocurrency - November 22, 2017
- INS Ecosystem Partners with Ambrosus to Overhaul the Grocery Supply Chain - November 22, 2017
- Global Debt Registry Unveils Collateral Pledge Blockchain Proof of Concept - November 22, 2017
- Ripple Appoints Former New York State Superintendent of Financial Services Benjamin Lawsky to Its Board and Ron Will as CFO - November 22, 2017
- Advised by the Co-Founders of YouTube and Twitch, Theta Announces a Blockchain-based Video Delivery Network - November 22, 2017
- Modex adds top advisor from Google ahead of ICO - November 22, 2017
- Decentralized Ad Exchange AdEx Partners with INK to Handle the World’s First Blockchain-based Ad Auction - November 22, 2017
- Zilliqa Lowers Funding Cap Despite Heavy Demand from Investors - November 22, 2017
- Health Startup Etheal Combines Blockchain Technology with Micro-Incentives to Build a Peer-Reviewed Global List of Health Professionals - November 22, 2017
- Bitquence Rebrands as Ethos.io, Charting a Course to Unlock Crypto and the Future of Investment for the Masses - November 22, 2017
- Eidoo Introduces User Friendly ICO Engine – Allowing Crypto Startups To Launch And Manage Their Own ICOs For Fundraising On The Blockchain - November 22, 2017
- Simdaq Launches Social Platform for Democratisation and Development of Cryptocurrency Trading - November 22, 2017
- Gameflip Shatters FLIP Pre-Sale Goals, Sets Sights on December 4, 2017 ICO - November 22, 2017
- Golden Alliance Gold Mining Launches Token Sale - November 22, 2017
- Genaro and Storj Labs Announce Collaboration and Product Integration - November 22, 2017
- Metal (MTL) Now Available on the Chinese Cryptocurrency Exchange - November 22, 2017
- Mark.space & Jaguar Land Rover Announce Cooperation - November 22, 2017
- Exscudo – EON Testnet Was Successfully Updated - November 22, 2017
- Valorem Foundation Launches All-new Cryptocurrency Platform - November 22, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 22, 2017
- Brave expands Basic Attention Token platform to YouTube - November 22, 2017
- Narrative Launches Blockchain Based Social Network That Puts Revenue In Your Pocket, Not Mark Zuckerberg’s - November 22, 2017
- Gladius Uses Blockchain and Spare Bandwidth to Revolutionize Cyber Security - November 22, 2017
- Indorse Announces Partnership with App Store Cryptocurrency, AppCoins, ahead of MVP Launch - November 22, 2017
- Secutix And The Paléo Festival Nyon Announce The Success Of Their Blockchain Pilot Project - November 22, 2017
- ING launches major addition to blockchain technology: Zero-Knowledge Range Proof solution - November 22, 2017
- Cofound.it Announces Teams Participating in Upcoming Live Crowdsale Event - November 22, 2017
- PUBLIQ goes public: The blockchain and AI company that fights fake news announces the start of its Initial Token Offering - November 22, 2017
- Blockchain for Business SophiaTX Reveals New Details of Platform; Confirms Date for Token Generation Event - November 22, 2017
- BCShop.io Launches Partner Program - November 22, 2017
- World’s First Social Entrepreneurship Platform Moms Avenue Challenges Etsy by Gearing Up With Blockchain - November 21, 2017
- WAX Partners with Xsolla to Offer Its Platform to More Than 2,000 Video Games - November 20, 2017
- Pundi X integrates NEM blockchain to Bring Cryptocurrency Payments Into Retail Stores - November 20, 2017
- Fujitsu Develops Security Technology to Safely Connect Blockchains - November 20, 2017
- Jibrel Network Announces a Highly Successful Pre-sale Round - November 20, 2017
- KRAFTWERK on Blockchain - November 20, 2017
- MintHealth: Empowering Patients to Take Control of their Health and Data via Blockchain Technology - November 20, 2017
- IBM Completes PoC Of Blockchain-based Shared KYC With Deutsche Bank, HSBC, MUFG And Cargill, IBM Treasuries - November 20, 2017
- LetsEnhance.io to process images on Neuromation Platform - November 20, 2017
- Blockchain And AI Researchers Propose A New Model To Return The Control Over Human Life Data To The Patients And Accelerate Biomedical Research - November 20, 2017