CapLinked, an enterprise solution for secure enterprise sharing, today announced a partnership with Storj Labs, a decentralized cloud storage provider, to host confidential business documents and transactions using blockchain technology.
The partnership marks a milestone as the first time that an enterprise file sharing service will offer its clients the option to leverage a decentralized peer-to-peer network to store files. Storj’s developer community will also be able to use CapLinked’s sophisticated file permission and security features when building custom applications.
CapLinked’s software has been used to share millions of files with confidence. The company was founded by Eric M. Jackson (PayPal’s first head of US marketing) and Christopher Grey (former private equity and investment banking executive), and its investors include Peter Thiel, FF Angel, 500 Startups, Joe Lonsdale and Indicator Ventures. CapLinked’s software allows clients to protect, track, and recall access to files sent to outside parties for mergers, licensing deals, financings, audits, and other projects. Its clients include Ernst & Young, DaVita Healthcare Partners, Roche, Hess, FTI Consulting, Brookline Bank, and LendingClub.
“Storj is pioneering a revolutionary new way to securely store files,” said CapLinked CEO Eric M. Jackson. “Decentralized and blockchain-based technology has the potential to make business software faster, safer, and more reliable. We’re excited to offer CapLinked’s permission controls and security features to developers who are building applications on top of Storj’s platform. We also look forward to offering Storj’s decentralized solution as an upcoming storage option for CapLinked’s customers.”
“For organizations like CapLinked, whose customers demand the highest levels of security, Storj’s decentralized network provides the peace of mind needed to secure the most sensitive data,” said John Quinn, Storj Labs co-founder and Chief Revenue Officer. “Encryption and decentralization are an excellent combination that ensure data can only be accessed by file owners and those they give permission. We are happy to welcome CapLinked users to the growing Storj community.”
CapLinked’s partnership with Storj will create an additional layer of security for its customers. Storj encrypts, shreds, and distributes data pieces across its global network and provides only the customer with an encrypted access key. This process along with a large decentralized network prevents security breaches. To ensure CapLinked users can retrieve data in the event someone goes offline, Storj has built-in redundancy and uses an algorithm to rebuild whole files from its remaining parts. By leveraging Storj Labs’ decentralized cloud storage platform, users can take advantage of the network’s inherent security benefits over legacy solutions.
More information about CapLinked can be found at www.caplinked.com.
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain - February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange - February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth - February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting - February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 - February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain - February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT - February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP - February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy - February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies - January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution - January 30, 2019
- Evident Proof Receives ‘Highly Commended’ Listing at the UK Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award Category at the 2018 UK IT Industry Awards - January 30, 2019
- Plato Technologies and Blackmoon Team Up to Expedite Launching of New ‘On-the-fly’ ETx’s - January 30, 2019
- Amnis Ventures backs CloseCross Raises $3 Million USD to Transform Financial Derivatives Market - January 30, 2019
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019
- London’s Blockchain Conference; Blockchain Expo Global Exhibition announces expert speakers - January 21, 2019