CapLinked, an enterprise solution for secure enterprise sharing, today announced a partnership with Storj Labs, a decentralized cloud storage provider, to host confidential business documents and transactions using blockchain technology.
The partnership marks a milestone as the first time that an enterprise file sharing service will offer its clients the option to leverage a decentralized peer-to-peer network to store files. Storj’s developer community will also be able to use CapLinked’s sophisticated file permission and security features when building custom applications.
CapLinked’s software has been used to share millions of files with confidence. The company was founded by Eric M. Jackson (PayPal’s first head of US marketing) and Christopher Grey (former private equity and investment banking executive), and its investors include Peter Thiel, FF Angel, 500 Startups, Joe Lonsdale and Indicator Ventures. CapLinked’s software allows clients to protect, track, and recall access to files sent to outside parties for mergers, licensing deals, financings, audits, and other projects. Its clients include Ernst & Young, DaVita Healthcare Partners, Roche, Hess, FTI Consulting, Brookline Bank, and LendingClub.
“Storj is pioneering a revolutionary new way to securely store files,” said CapLinked CEO Eric M. Jackson. “Decentralized and blockchain-based technology has the potential to make business software faster, safer, and more reliable. We’re excited to offer CapLinked’s permission controls and security features to developers who are building applications on top of Storj’s platform. We also look forward to offering Storj’s decentralized solution as an upcoming storage option for CapLinked’s customers.”
“For organizations like CapLinked, whose customers demand the highest levels of security, Storj’s decentralized network provides the peace of mind needed to secure the most sensitive data,” said John Quinn, Storj Labs co-founder and Chief Revenue Officer. “Encryption and decentralization are an excellent combination that ensure data can only be accessed by file owners and those they give permission. We are happy to welcome CapLinked users to the growing Storj community.”
CapLinked’s partnership with Storj will create an additional layer of security for its customers. Storj encrypts, shreds, and distributes data pieces across its global network and provides only the customer with an encrypted access key. This process along with a large decentralized network prevents security breaches. To ensure CapLinked users can retrieve data in the event someone goes offline, Storj has built-in redundancy and uses an algorithm to rebuild whole files from its remaining parts. By leveraging Storj Labs’ decentralized cloud storage platform, users can take advantage of the network’s inherent security benefits over legacy solutions.
More information about CapLinked can be found at www.caplinked.com.
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019