International eco-farming and retail network LavkaLavka announced that BioCoins’s presale has concluded its first round with spectacular success. In just two weeks thousands of people participated in the crowdsale and purchased $2.5 mln worth of BioCoins. The team reports that this sum is twice as large as what they initially hoped for and constitutes 13% of the crowdsale’s goal which was set at $15 mln.
“Often the concept of presale is used by startups as a PR stunt only. For us presale was tremendous work which yielded great results.” – Boris Akimov, CEO LavkaLavka
BioCoin is basically an international Blockchain-based loyalty platform, aimed to support eco-farming and organic food retailers worldwide. BioCoins are to be used by green businesses instead of traditional loyalty points as a means of customer loyalty encouragement. BioCoins will then be accepted as currency in any affiliated store. Alternatively they can be traded at the exchange at a more favourable rate.
The founders expect the demand for the coin to grow steadily as the network itself continues to grow. This growing demand will drive BioCoin’s price up and thus businesses will not suffer losses as a result of discounts and rewards but actually accumulate value. By giving away BioCoins back to the customers as rewards and bonuses, businesses will return value into their communities triggering the growth cycle for the entire ecosystem.
Today LavkaLavka and BioCoin are backed by tens of thousands of consumers, retailers and farmers worldwide, new businesses joining the network weekly. According to LavkaLavka team, about 20 mln BioCoins are already in daily circulation, used by farmers in Russia and several other countries.
Notably, BioCoin pioneers the market as the first ICO held in full compliance with Russian laws. As Presidential Administration has recently recognized the potential of crowdsale funding model, project’s CEO was invited to head the ICO department at RACAB (Russian Association of Cryptocurrency And Blockchain) whose purpose is to help the Russian state develop a new approach to the industry. BioCoin is named a probable staple project for the future of Russian ICO market regulations.
The main round of crowdsale is scheduled to start November 1. It will be hosted by the first official Russian cryptocurrency platform Voskhod.
- Smartlands to Digitise Own Equity; Unveils Plans For Security Token Offering in the US - December 9, 2019
- ShareRing Partners with Thailand’s new E-Visa System: Mainstream Blockchain Adoption - December 9, 2019
- ELEV8CON adds BBVA, Bumble Bee Foods, State Street, Ticketmaster to Lineup for Enterprise Blockchain and Digital Asset Conference - December 9, 2019
- Mintdice – Playing it Fair with Blockchain - December 9, 2019
- Juventus Become The First Football Club In The World To Be Tokenized - December 3, 2019
- London’s Travala.com Teams Up With Amsterdam’s Booking.com In Massive Crypto Travel Deal - November 28, 2019
- High-Powered Group of Legal Experts Determine Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts Legal Under UK Law - November 21, 2019
- Hyperledger Adds Eight New Members – Rolls out Updates - November 21, 2019
- Failed ICO, Token Sale Project SNIPs Acquired by Sonos for $37.5 Million - November 21, 2019
- Algorand Launches Protocol Upgrade, Setting the Stage for the Next Wave of Distributed App Development - November 21, 2019
- ArcBlock Partners with Ride-Sharing Service GoFun to Develop Services and DApps on Blockchain - November 20, 2019
- Hacktivist Phineas Fisher Cracks Cayman National Bank and Trust – Offers $100,000 Bitcoin/Monero Bounty To Other to Hack Banks, Big Companies - November 20, 2019
- Graph Blockchain to Acquire Shroom Street – Cracking Psychedelics Market - November 20, 2019
- OpEd: Burned By Bitwala – Visa Card Money Gone When Wavecrest Wound Down - November 19, 2019
- Chinese Military Eyes Blockchain Technology for Rewards Programme – Boosting Training and Gamifying System - November 18, 2019
- FinCEN Boss: American Regulators to Strictly Enforce AML in Crypto Industry - November 18, 2019
- Visa’s Rolls Out New Blockchain LucidiTEE – Tackles Concerns related to misuse of sensitive user data, when shared with third-parties. - November 18, 2019
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019