bitJob has announced it has raised an initial $2 million USD to launch its global, decentralized marketplace for student employment powered by Blockchain technology.
Aimed at revolutionizing the way students make a living and gain occupational experience, bitJob offers students the opportunity to earn income and sharpen their skills while enriching their resumes, all within bitJob’s Blockchain-based ecosystem of networking, compensation, rewards, and incentives.
More than 1,200 participants have participated in bitJob’s STU token sale which concludes this week.
While more than 70 percent of students work during college, many are underpaid and not given the opportunity to develop skills required to be competitive in a global economy. Blockchain technology has the potential to change how students find employment and get paid fairly, and bitJob is leading the way with the launch of its decentralized marketplace. bitJob’s platform starts with a hybrid model, allowing students and employers to transact with PayPal or cryptocurrency, with incentives for using cryptocurrency.
“bitJob offers a real solution to student underemployment: an open-source, decentralized, and secure marketplace allowing students to convert their free time into income while enriching their professional experience,” said Dror Medalion, CEO of bitJob. “In addition, employers will be able to develop talent from a global pool of students eager to apply their higher education.”
While most freelancing sites are burdened by fees, bitJob leverages Blockchain technology to allow students to be paid instantly in cryptocurrency through its STU token from anywhere in the world. This offers the added benefit of introducing students to Blockchain, one of the most in-demand technology verticals in the world.
bitJob has partnered with several institutions to grow its network of students and employers, including the Government of the Netherlands, Blockchain Education Network, Blockchain Association of Canada, Cyprus International Institute of Management, and the Israeli Students Association.
- European Union Looking to Blockchain Technology for Defense? - March 30, 2020
- Tech against Corona (COVID-19) – Dutch Enterprise Blockchain Company TYMLEZ Helps Dutch Government - March 29, 2020
- Microsoft Patents Human Activity Mining for Cryptocurrency Systems – Data Generated Based on Body Activity can be Proof-of-Work - March 27, 2020
- Binance Kicks Off $5 Million Coronavirus Relief Campaign and Donates USD $1 Million - March 27, 2020
- Medici Ventures Keiretsu Companies GrainChain and Symbiont Working Together to Expand Global Operations - March 27, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Entertainment Platform Ficto Launches Premium Interactive Streaming Network - March 27, 2020
- SettleMint – Belgian blockchain startup raises USD $2.09 Million for Expansion - March 27, 2020
- Exclusive Interview: Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Leader Michael Terpin Sees Light in The Covid-19 Tunnel - March 26, 2020
- Blockchain Real Estate Project Smartlands Raising Funds on Equity Crowdfunding Platform Seedrs - March 26, 2020
- Cryptocurrency Exchange OKEx Greenlights DEA Trade Token Deapcoin For Its Jobtribe and PlayMining Games - March 26, 2020
- Microasset – The International Blockchain Monetary Reserve Announces $3.48 M In Reserve Funding, New Listing on BiKi Exchange - March 25, 2020
- Social Login – KyberSwap Integrates Torus to Offer Quick and Easy Ethereum Wallet Management - March 25, 2020
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Launches Virtual Events to Connect Blockchain Community Amidst Global Coronavirus Pandemic - March 25, 2020
- Blockchain-Fueled Company Mateon Report Positive Results For Multiple Covid-19 Drug Candidates - March 25, 2020
- US Judge Slams Brakes on Telegram Token - March 25, 2020
- Game Development Companies Team Up with Blockchain Operation Forte to Unlock New Business Models for Games - March 24, 2020
- Blockchain Supply Chain Project Envoy teams up with KYC Hub - March 24, 2020
- CoinDCX, India’s Largest Cryptocurrency Exchange, Secures Successful Series A Round Led By Polychain Capital, Bain Capital Ventures, and HDR Group, operator of BitMEX - March 24, 2020
- Cartesi Launches Linux Infrastructure For Developing Blockchain DApps - March 24, 2020
- American Company HashCash Consultants Announce Coronavirus Crypto Relief Fund or CFIX - March 23, 2020