STK Global Payments, creators of the STK token, is announcing their Global Advisory Board, four weeks ahead of its public Token Generation Event beginning on November 13, 2017. Built on the Ethereum blockchain as an ERC20 token, the STK token will enable users to transact with cryptocurrency in global markets and at brick-and-mortar stores in real-time.
“STK will bridge the gap between the 22 trillion dollar retail marketplace and one of the fastest growing currencies in the world. We’ve simplified the blockchain process so that you can use cryptocurrency as easily as you would a debit card or cash.” said Miro Pavletic, co-founder and Director of STK Global Payments.
STK’s Global Advisory Board has decades of combined strategic experience spanning multiple industries, including finance, technology, political science and regulatory affairs. The Board includes a founding member of Ethereum, a Stanford University Visiting Fulbright Scholar, an award-winning publisher and entrepreneur and a Blockchain Specialist with multiple successful exits.
“This is an incredibly distinguished group of industry leaders, with a wealth of both practical and strategic experience,” said Pavletic. “We’re fortunate to benefit from their thought leadership as we move into the development and implementation phase ahead.”
STK Advisory Board
Co-Founder of Ledger Labs, and a founding team member of Ethereum
Ethan Wilding is the former Chair of the Certified Bitcoin Professional exam, one of the first not-for-profit programs to establish a standard body of knowledge in the field of blockchain technologies. Ethan earned a Ph.D. in Philosophy from the University of Waterloo and taught at the Balsillie School of International Affairs. He is globally recognized for his role as a founding team member of Ethereum.
“STK aims to break down the cryptocurrency usability barrier and make crypto as familiar to use as traditional payments, all with no fees and no confirmation delays. To do this they are leading the way by implementing a cutting-edge Ethereum blockchain technique called State Channels; this technique will be become the standard for many types of cryptocurrency payments.” — Ethan Wilding
David LEE Kuo Chuen
Professor, Entrepreneur, Director and Advisor
Visiting Fulbright Scholar (2015) at Stanford University and Professor for Fintech and Blockchain at Singapore University of Social Science. Professor David LEE Kuo Chuen is the founder of several companies including California-based Left Coast and Singapore’s Ferrell Group. He is an investor in several successful Blockchain companies including Qtum and TenX. David has held several esteemed positions in the financial industry, including Director of the Sim Kee Boon Institute for Financial Economics at Singapore Management University and Group Managing Director of OUE and Auric Pacific. He graduated with BSc, MSc and PhD from the London School of Economics and Political Science.
“One of the areas of financial services and financial technology that I’m most passionate about is the idea of financial inclusion. People around the world face many barriers when it comes to accessing, spending or saving their money. A universally accessible solution like the STK token, that provides advanced financial services to people regardless of country or currency is something I am excited to be a part of.” — David LEE Kuo Chuen
Founder of Blockchain News
Richard Kastelein is a partner at ICO services collective CryptoAsset Design Group, and Director of educational company Blockchain Partners (an Oracle Partner). An award-winning publisher & entrepreneur, Richard has advised several blockchain start-ups through successful ICOs and has authored more than 1400 articles on blockchain technology on leading industry publications including Harvard Business Review, Venturebeat and Blockchain News.
“I like to support a solid project with a solid team. I got involved with STK because the team was very strong. When you couple that with a brilliant product you get a winner. I’ll use the solution myself, so I’m confident there is a market for their mobile-first, crypto-friendly solution. And, they’re fellow Canadians, which added to my decision.” — Richard Kastelein
Chami Akmeemana has had four successful venture exits in the last decade, and currently advises a select roster of Blockchain companies. Chami was the Director of regulatory and government affairs at ConsenSys Inc, Fintech Advisor to the Ontario Securities Commission and Managing Director, Fintech and Blockchain at the Global Risk Institute. Chami is also the Chairman of the Blockchain Association of Australia.
“This is a true game changer for the financial payments and retail sectors. The STK token represents a significant stride in the journey to achieve real time settlement of cryptocurrencies in all forms of mainstream financial transactions, in large part leveraging State Channels, which is one of the latest updates to the Ethereum Blockchain.” — Chami Akmeemana
The STK public token sale begins on November 13, 17:00 UTC. A pre-sale will run from October 30, 17:00 UTC.
- 18 Organisations Launch The Convergence Alliance To Enable A New Open Data Economy Built On The Decentralized Web - July 9, 2019
- Bittrex Acquires Tradedash - July 3, 2019
- Korea’s Cube Systems Rolls Out New Blockchain eCommerce Platform - July 3, 2019
- Clinlogix Joins ALTEN Calsoft in Launching Blockchain for Clinical Trials - July 3, 2019
- Binance Charity forms alliance with 46 companies to unveil a stablecoin for the alleviation of period poverty - July 3, 2019
- Nestlé Breaks from IBM Food Trust Blockchain Group for New Milk Supply Chain Trial - July 3, 2019
- Tokeny Solutions Digital Asset Platform Gets €5 Million Backing from Euronext - July 3, 2019
- Blockchain Venture Capital Funding Reaches $822 Million in 2019 - July 1, 2019
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019