BLOCKv, a Blockchain-based development platform for the creation of smart, secure and dynamic virtual objects, announced a partnership with Storj Labs, a decentralized cloud storage provider, to host virtual assets using Blockchain technology.
The partnership enables developer communities to leverage both companies’ innovative technology: BLOCKv to build virtual items – called vAtoms – embedded with an “experiential layer,” and Storj to host these items on a decentralized cloud storage platform that incorporates encryption, sharding and a large network to secure data.
This partnership will enable the next generation of digital objects, which will be smart, experiential micro-apps that store real-world value and interact with their ‘owners,’ other digital objects, social media platforms and even IoT devices. As the demand for digital assets rapidly expands, driven by the rapid rise of digital tickets, coupons, games like Pokémon GO and Counterstrike, electronic identity and medical records, and devices such as tablets, smart TVs, and e-readers, there is an increasing need for more capacity to store information about the objects, their graphics and video assets.
The Storj peer-to-peer, decentralized storage solution has been tested with enterprise-scale clients and enables the effective delivery of any digital asset. Storj will enable BLOCKv’s developers to securely store their vAtom’s multimedia, commerce, data and code in the cloud, and quickly stream the desired content or data to the vAtom’s front-end in real-time. The result will be a self-contained, interactive digital object that is secure, dynamic and multimedia-rich yet small enough to be stored on, and shared via, mobile devices.
“Storj is pioneering a revolutionary new way to not only securely store files but cache them nearby and have immediate availability,” said BLOCKv CEO Reeve Collins. “BLOCKv will make consumer-facing Blockchain-linked virtual goods available to the world, and Storj will enable us to do it more securely and cost effectively. We’re excited to offer BLOCKv’s platform to the Storj community of developers and users, and look forward to offering Storj’s decentralized solution as an upcoming storage option for our developers.”
BLOCKv’s platform promises to usher in the next generation digital goods economy through the creation of a user interface layer that mitigates the complexity of Blockchain development to unlock exponential growth. The partnership with Storj will create an additional layer of security for its developers. Storj encrypts, shreds, and distributes data pieces across its global network and provides only the customer with an encrypted access key. This process, along with a large decentralized network, prevents security breaches and maintains vAtom integrity.
“As businesses become ever more digital, they need solutions that rethink how we manage digital assets and innovate the capabilities within these objects, while not sacrificing security and performance in the process,” said John Quinn, Storj Labs co-founder and Chief Revenue Officer. “BLOCKv is a key partner, and by combining Storj’s encrypted, decentralized cloud storage platform with their virtual asset management technology, we are jointly creating new opportunities for businesses and the developer ecosystem through our interconnected, complimentary technology. We are happy to welcome BLOCKv users to the growing Storj community and we will be there to support BLOCKv and help its developers achieve this vision.”
BLOCKv is releasing the V Token (Ticker: VEE) which will allow developers to access the platform, publish vAtoms and fund their long running processes. The V token, built on the ERC20 standard, is a key part of the BLOCKv open-source development and operational environment. V provides the essential utilities of access, power, and incentive to the global community of creators and developers. BLOCKv will make V Tokens available through an upcoming Token Generation Event on October 19, 2017. Anyone interested in learning more about the tokens and BLOCKv technology can download the BLOCKv whitepaper at https://blockv.io.
- Genetics Prof. David Haymer Joins DNAtix Advisory Board - November 12, 2018
- Libra Announces Commitment to Support Circle Trade’s Financial Reporting Requirements - November 10, 2018
- Evident Proof, Leading Blockchain Immutable Proof Platform Accept Dash & XRP As Business Adoption Soars - November 10, 2018
- Ethereum Now On Hyperledger Fabric - October 28, 2018
- 8000+ Expected – Blockchain Expo North America Exhibition Announces Expert Speakers - October 26, 2018
- Enjin Smart Wallet Update Will Allow Users To Melt & Send ERC-1155 Tokens - October 26, 2018
- Crypto-Friendly Gallery HOFA Launches in Los Angeles With Qvantum Exhibition - October 26, 2018
- Blockchain Company WePower Announces Plans to Tokenize Estonian Power Grid - October 25, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures, Buys into Crypto Social Network, Minds - October 24, 2018
- Xfinite to release new Blockchain content platform - October 24, 2018
- Omnitude set to transform enterprise business with the move of its ECOM token to Stellar and the introduction of micropayments to users - October 24, 2018
- Nem, Proximax, And Pundi X Join Growing List Of Sportsfix Sponsor Partners - October 23, 2018
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018