BLOCKv, a Blockchain-based development platform for the creation of smart, secure and dynamic virtual objects, announced a partnership with Storj Labs, a decentralized cloud storage provider, to host virtual assets using Blockchain technology.
The partnership enables developer communities to leverage both companies’ innovative technology: BLOCKv to build virtual items – called vAtoms – embedded with an “experiential layer,” and Storj to host these items on a decentralized cloud storage platform that incorporates encryption, sharding and a large network to secure data.
This partnership will enable the next generation of digital objects, which will be smart, experiential micro-apps that store real-world value and interact with their ‘owners,’ other digital objects, social media platforms and even IoT devices. As the demand for digital assets rapidly expands, driven by the rapid rise of digital tickets, coupons, games like Pokémon GO and Counterstrike, electronic identity and medical records, and devices such as tablets, smart TVs, and e-readers, there is an increasing need for more capacity to store information about the objects, their graphics and video assets.
The Storj peer-to-peer, decentralized storage solution has been tested with enterprise-scale clients and enables the effective delivery of any digital asset. Storj will enable BLOCKv’s developers to securely store their vAtom’s multimedia, commerce, data and code in the cloud, and quickly stream the desired content or data to the vAtom’s front-end in real-time. The result will be a self-contained, interactive digital object that is secure, dynamic and multimedia-rich yet small enough to be stored on, and shared via, mobile devices.
“Storj is pioneering a revolutionary new way to not only securely store files but cache them nearby and have immediate availability,” said BLOCKv CEO Reeve Collins. “BLOCKv will make consumer-facing Blockchain-linked virtual goods available to the world, and Storj will enable us to do it more securely and cost effectively. We’re excited to offer BLOCKv’s platform to the Storj community of developers and users, and look forward to offering Storj’s decentralized solution as an upcoming storage option for our developers.”
BLOCKv’s platform promises to usher in the next generation digital goods economy through the creation of a user interface layer that mitigates the complexity of Blockchain development to unlock exponential growth. The partnership with Storj will create an additional layer of security for its developers. Storj encrypts, shreds, and distributes data pieces across its global network and provides only the customer with an encrypted access key. This process, along with a large decentralized network, prevents security breaches and maintains vAtom integrity.
“As businesses become ever more digital, they need solutions that rethink how we manage digital assets and innovate the capabilities within these objects, while not sacrificing security and performance in the process,” said John Quinn, Storj Labs co-founder and Chief Revenue Officer. “BLOCKv is a key partner, and by combining Storj’s encrypted, decentralized cloud storage platform with their virtual asset management technology, we are jointly creating new opportunities for businesses and the developer ecosystem through our interconnected, complimentary technology. We are happy to welcome BLOCKv users to the growing Storj community and we will be there to support BLOCKv and help its developers achieve this vision.”
BLOCKv is releasing the V Token (Ticker: VEE) which will allow developers to access the platform, publish vAtoms and fund their long running processes. The V token, built on the ERC20 standard, is a key part of the BLOCKv open-source development and operational environment. V provides the essential utilities of access, power, and incentive to the global community of creators and developers. BLOCKv will make V Tokens available through an upcoming Token Generation Event on October 19, 2017. Anyone interested in learning more about the tokens and BLOCKv technology can download the BLOCKv whitepaper at https://blockv.io.
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain - February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange - February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth - February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting - February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 - February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain - February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT - February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP - February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy - February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies - January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution - January 30, 2019
- Evident Proof Receives ‘Highly Commended’ Listing at the UK Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award Category at the 2018 UK IT Industry Awards - January 30, 2019
- Plato Technologies and Blackmoon Team Up to Expedite Launching of New ‘On-the-fly’ ETx’s - January 30, 2019
- Amnis Ventures backs CloseCross Raises $3 Million USD to Transform Financial Derivatives Market - January 30, 2019
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019
- London’s Blockchain Conference; Blockchain Expo Global Exhibition announces expert speakers - January 21, 2019