Cofound.it, a platform for training Blockchain startups, has today announced Cofound.it Seed. This new program for early-stage Blockchain companies introduces the selected startups to the Cofound.it Priority Pass community earlier in the process for a round of seed funding before the larger crowdsale.
David Prais, Head of Cofound.it Seed, said:
“We have selected five great startups which stood out as clear contenders to disrupt the status quo of their industries. Through Cofound.it Seed, we hope to give these projects early advice and insight on their product offerings to increase their chance for a successful crowdsale in the future.”
The first projects selected to launch Cofound.it Seed are:
- Aversafe: a decentralized credential verification network for employees, employers and educational institutions. Aversafe creates a secure method to confirm identities, certificates and work history, thus increasing trust in the hiring process and accelerating background checks.
- BLOCKIE: a platform that combines the security of consensus-driven smart contracts with the power of cloud computing to enable infrastructure provisioning and application deployment straight to the cloud. BLOCKIE will produce open-source software tools for developers and non-developers to create, run, and manage new decentralized applications (DApps).
- Legacy: a unique last will solution. Legacy lets individuals create digital time capsules with video or photo memories, smart property, and cryptocurrencies that can be left behind for loved ones.
- MediaSifter: a news aggregator that empowers users to navigate through the noise and bias of the news while giving them the tools they need to investigate the content they consume. The platform is also censorship resilient, removing the need for trust in a central authority and decentralizing the news consumption process.
- UNICO: a creator of decentralized digital collectables. UNICO creates provable digital scarcity by linking a piece of digital content to a fixed number of access tokens issued on the Ethereum Blockchain. This turns premium digital content such as images and videos into limited-edition, Blockchain-certified collectibles.
Jan Isakovic Cofound.it CEO and Co-Founder said:
“Our seed program incubates early-stage Blockchain startups, while continuing to reward and engage our existing Cofound.it community and Priority Pass members. A Cofound.it Seed project will have the opportunity to validate their business idea and raise enough funds to fully develop their product and team before introducing their offering to a wider public.”
Cofound.it plans to launch around 10 startup projects this year, with an additional 30 projects expected to launch in 2018.
- Toronto’s Creative Destruction Lab Joins Facebook’s Libra Association - June 19, 2019
- Australia’s Power Ledger to bring P2P Energy Trading to Austria - June 19, 2019
- Litecoin Foundation Teams Up With Bibox And Ternio On Special Edition Litecoin Debitcard - June 19, 2019
- US Legislators Call for Halt to Facebook’s Cryptocurrency Plans – And to Face Congress - June 19, 2019
- Hyperledger Welcomes Diverse Line-up of New Members for Identity Project - June 18, 2019
- Facebook Announces Calibra Digital Wallet and Libra Cryptocurrency - June 18, 2019
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019