Cashaa, the Blockchain-based financial services initiative, has announced that a number of new high-profile Advisors will be joining its team.
One of the most recent is Dr Bernard Lietaer – the author of a number of widely-acclaimed books including The Future of Money; Money and Sustainability; and New Money for a New World – who has been at the forefront of the field of money in numerous capacities for almost 40 years. In the course of his career he has served as a central banker, fund manager, academic and consultant.
He was instrumental in the formation of the Euro thanks to his work in designing the convergence mechanism (ECU) while he worked at the Central Bank of Belgium, and in 1992 was named ‘World’s top currency trader’ by Business Week.
Also joining is tokenomist Dr John Henry Clippinger, a research scientist at MIT’s Media Lab, co-founder of the Token Commons Foundation and Executive Director of ID3, the Institute for Innovation & Data Driven Design. He also serves as an Advisor to the Bancor project.
“Cashaa provides a transformative solution to a pressing global need: frictionless, secure, and accessible global payments and remittances. Cashaa promises to become a critical part of a future decentralised payment infrastructure serving the unbanked and the banked alike. I would like to see the Cashaa protocol being adopted as a component for a global commons.”
“This is part of a larger discussion of what we are trying to achieve for the Token Commons Foundation – but in short, I think Cashaa provides what is seen as a decentralised commons approach as a utilisation token for payments and remittances,” stated Clippinger.
Clippinger is joined by researcher Prof Dr Alex Norta from Tallinn University of Technology, who is well known for his work on Qtum.
“Cashaa can leverage the Qtum smart-contract system by developing mobile apps and also having a performing and scalable PoS platform,” said Norta.
Other additions include academics and key figures from Blockchain media and business, as well as the wider payments industry and investment world, such as Winston Gilpin, Venture Capital Advisor and CFO of Mercury Fund; Richard Kastelein, Blockchain News publisher; Tim Campbell, winner of Entrepreneur TV show The Apprentice; and Akash Gaurav, CEO of Auxesis Group, which is also ranked a Top 100 Blockchain company and other executives from Fortune 500 companies.
Finally, Cashaa will be greatly assisted in establishing in the Indian market by Dinesh Prasad, Strategic Advisor for India. Prasad is a business developer and programme manager with over 22 years of experience in Wireless Telecoms, including as Head of Sales for Qualcomm India & South Asia. He will be accompanied by Rajesh Dhuddu, Payments Advisor for India, who is Senior Vice President of next-generation payment processors Quatrro Processing Services, and a fintech and Blockchain expert.
Disrupting financial services
Cashaa, which will shortly launch its Token Generation Event (TGE), is aiming to provide access to financial services for the billions of unbanked and underbanked. The initiative leverages Blockchain technology without end-users needing to know anything about it and never having to come into contact with cryptocurrency themselves.
Token Generation Event
Cashaa’s platform will be powered by the Cashaa (CAS) token. CAS holders will be able to access premium services, instant loans, creating a credit score, creating smart contracts for trading and participating in the governance mechanism of CAS tokens. A total of 1 billion CAS tokens will be created on the Ethereum platform of which Cashaa will make 51% (510,000,000) available for sale, with unsold tokens being burned. The CAS pre-sale will be live until 30 October, with the public sale opening on 6 November and running until 5 December or until the cap is reached.
For more information or to register for the crowdsale, visit https://cashaa.com/cas-token.php
- Wanxiang Blockchain and PlatON Launch Consortium Blockchain Infrastructure in China - October 7, 2019
- PayPal Quits Facebook Cryptocurrency Project Libra - October 7, 2019
- Walmart To Use Blockchain For Shrimp - October 7, 2019
- Channel Tools adds Blockchain-Driven Verification Service Evident Proof To It’s Kit - October 7, 2019
- Zuckerberg Under Intense Pressure to Testify to US Congress about Libra - October 4, 2019
- Report: Canadian Blockchain Industry Has Some of The Highest Paid Workers in the Country - October 4, 2019
- Bavarian Company RISE Wealth Technologies with Houston-based Entoro, Launching Largest European STO to Date at USD$120 million - October 4, 2019
- October Launch Confirmation for Telegram Open Network (TON) - October 4, 2019
- Liechtenstein Parliament Passes Blockchain Act - October 4, 2019
- Pioneer of Blockchain Certification For The Visual Arts Verisart, Raises $2.5 million in Series Seed Funding - October 4, 2019
- Uruguayan Digital Party to Embrace Æternity Blockchain Technology For Member Voting - October 3, 2019
- Decentralized Trading Technology Startup Vega Raises $5 Million Seed – Pantera Capital Leads Oversubscribed Round - October 3, 2019
- Malta-Based OKEx Kicks Off Global Compliance Standards Initiative for Cryptocurrency Exchanges - October 3, 2019
- Dama Financial and Helix TCS Establish First Blockchain-Fueled, Complaint Cannabis Marketplace - October 3, 2019
- New Digital Rights Law Enacted in Russia – Establishes Basic Definition Of Tokens And Governs Smart Contracts - October 2, 2019
- Six major Japanese Brokerage Firms Establish Japan Security Token Offering Association - October 2, 2019
- Vancouver’s BIGG Digital Assets Cuts Deal with US Federal Government Agency - October 2, 2019
- æternity Teams Up with Uruguay Can to Track Cannabis Production on the Blockchain - October 2, 2019
- Streamr Launches Global Pub/Sub Network For Machine Data - October 2, 2019
- SEC Orders Blockone to Pay $24 Million Fine for Unregistered ICO - October 2, 2019