Cashaa, the Blockchain-based financial services initiative, has announced that a number of new high-profile Advisors will be joining its team.
One of the most recent is Dr Bernard Lietaer – the author of a number of widely-acclaimed books including The Future of Money; Money and Sustainability; and New Money for a New World – who has been at the forefront of the field of money in numerous capacities for almost 40 years. In the course of his career he has served as a central banker, fund manager, academic and consultant.
He was instrumental in the formation of the Euro thanks to his work in designing the convergence mechanism (ECU) while he worked at the Central Bank of Belgium, and in 1992 was named ‘World’s top currency trader’ by Business Week.
Also joining is tokenomist Dr John Henry Clippinger, a research scientist at MIT’s Media Lab, co-founder of the Token Commons Foundation and Executive Director of ID3, the Institute for Innovation & Data Driven Design. He also serves as an Advisor to the Bancor project.
“Cashaa provides a transformative solution to a pressing global need: frictionless, secure, and accessible global payments and remittances. Cashaa promises to become a critical part of a future decentralised payment infrastructure serving the unbanked and the banked alike. I would like to see the Cashaa protocol being adopted as a component for a global commons.”
“This is part of a larger discussion of what we are trying to achieve for the Token Commons Foundation – but in short, I think Cashaa provides what is seen as a decentralised commons approach as a utilisation token for payments and remittances,” stated Clippinger.
Clippinger is joined by researcher Prof Dr Alex Norta from Tallinn University of Technology, who is well known for his work on Qtum.
“Cashaa can leverage the Qtum smart-contract system by developing mobile apps and also having a performing and scalable PoS platform,” said Norta.
Other additions include academics and key figures from Blockchain media and business, as well as the wider payments industry and investment world, such as Winston Gilpin, Venture Capital Advisor and CFO of Mercury Fund; Richard Kastelein, Blockchain News publisher; Tim Campbell, winner of Entrepreneur TV show The Apprentice; and Akash Gaurav, CEO of Auxesis Group, which is also ranked a Top 100 Blockchain company and other executives from Fortune 500 companies.
Finally, Cashaa will be greatly assisted in establishing in the Indian market by Dinesh Prasad, Strategic Advisor for India. Prasad is a business developer and programme manager with over 22 years of experience in Wireless Telecoms, including as Head of Sales for Qualcomm India & South Asia. He will be accompanied by Rajesh Dhuddu, Payments Advisor for India, who is Senior Vice President of next-generation payment processors Quatrro Processing Services, and a fintech and Blockchain expert.
Disrupting financial services
Cashaa, which will shortly launch its Token Generation Event (TGE), is aiming to provide access to financial services for the billions of unbanked and underbanked. The initiative leverages Blockchain technology without end-users needing to know anything about it and never having to come into contact with cryptocurrency themselves.
Token Generation Event
Cashaa’s platform will be powered by the Cashaa (CAS) token. CAS holders will be able to access premium services, instant loans, creating a credit score, creating smart contracts for trading and participating in the governance mechanism of CAS tokens. A total of 1 billion CAS tokens will be created on the Ethereum platform of which Cashaa will make 51% (510,000,000) available for sale, with unsold tokens being burned. The CAS pre-sale will be live until 30 October, with the public sale opening on 6 November and running until 5 December or until the cap is reached.
For more information or to register for the crowdsale, visit https://cashaa.com/cas-token.php
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019