Streamr, the decentralized real-time data economy, today announced that its token called DATAcoin (DATA) has been listed on Bitfinex, one of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges. The listing on Bitfinex came into effect at 12 noon UTC, allowing DATAcoin holders trade against BTC, ETH and USD. The announcement follows Streamr’s successful crowd contribution period that rapidly reached its 30 million CHF hard cap.
Streamr CEO and Co-founder Henri Pihkala said:
“Bitfinex listing for our token is a significant milestone in achieving our mission to build a decentralized, scalable, and secure data economy. This welcome development showcases the high potential of our project and the boundless possibilities for real-time data tokenization.”
“This is an outstanding first step in our DATAcoin’s journey and is in the best interest of current DATA token holders, and those seeking to join the community. As Streamr begins trading on Bitfinex, with strong industry support and our stellar advisors behind us, we are well positioned to build the best platform imaginable and revolutionize how people and machines view, utilize, and share data,” added Pihkala.
Connecting both producers and consumers, Streamr aims to create a market for real-time data. The Data Market categorizes and showcases publicly available data streams. The Streamr token, DATAcoin, is needed to access and operate the market, and to compensate nodes in the P2P network. Subscribers pay for the data with the token while producers and participants are reimbursed automatically and securely.
Bitfinex will enable margin trading for DATA pairs as the order book develops appropriate liquidity, letting users trade with leverage via funding from the peer-to-peer margin funding platform. Bitfinex has the most liquid order book globally and is one of the most popular marketplaces for digital asset trading, with a current 24-hour volume of over $1 billion USD.
The Streamr crowd contribution period was managed by Bitcoin Suisse, the world’s leading crypto-asset broker and asset manager. Operating on a registration model, interested parties underwent a thorough Know Your Customer (KYC) process prior to whitelisting and participation.
Bitcoin Suisse Head of ICO and Streamr advisor Nicolai Oster said,
“Backed by technical expertise, deep industry knowledge, and global experience, Streamr has the potential to not only overhaul existing data systems but to build completely new platforms and networks. Having managed the successful crowd contribution period, Bitcoin Suisse is proud to continue supporting the Streamr team and facilitate the listing of DATA on Bitfinex and on other exchanges.”
In line with the company’s vision for a platform that is fair and open to all, Streamr’s crowd contribution period began on October 12, 2017, with a 24-hour exclusive period for participants contributing 500-5000 CHF. Once closed, the large cap opened for contributions between 5,000 and 50,000 CHF and was full within 90 minutes. The crowd contribution period saw over 1300 contributors participate.
“Every second, volumes of data are generated by sensors and connected devices in a range of sectors and services, and in the coming years, real-time data will increasingly turn into a commodity. It is our objective to lead the way in the tokenization of real-time data through the creation of the Streamr technology stack. With the listing of DATA on Bitfinex, our goal is one step closer to achievement,” concluded Pihkala.
- Utrust Joins Forces with Alternative Airlines for Flight Bookings with Crypto - November 13, 2019
- Dark Web Drug Dealer Pleads Guilty To Using Cryptocurrency to Launder More Than $19 Million - November 13, 2019
- Dutch Police Bust CEO of Blockchain Game Firm, Komodore64 – €78 million Gone? - November 13, 2019
- Celsius Hits over $4 Billion in Crypto Loans – Leading the Industry - November 12, 2019
- Coinbase Introduces Staking Rewards on Tezos - November 6, 2019
- Volvo Cars to implement blockchain traceability of cobalt used in electric car batteries - November 6, 2019
- EU-Funded Acceleration Project, LEDGER, Offering Support Services and Up to €200k Equity-Free for Blockchain Data Governance Projects - November 6, 2019
- Global Financial System Regulators – the Financial Action Task Force – Issue Draft Guidance on Digital Identity - November 5, 2019
- David Chaum Releases XX Alpha Messenger Promising Unprecedented User Privacy - November 5, 2019
- Æternity Blockchain Developers Plan to Take On Ethereum With Final Hardfork – Handing over Governance to the Community - November 5, 2019
- Researchers Claim Cross-border B2B Blockchain Transactions set to Explode to $4.4 Trillion by 2024 - November 5, 2019
- Global Companies Unite to Unveil Comprehensive Framework for Tokenization – It’s About Time - November 5, 2019
- Microsoft Kicks Off Enterprise-ready Crypto Token Platform On Azure – Predicts Tokenization Is A Pillar Of The Coming Revolution In Multi-Party Applications That Blockchain Technology Ushered In - November 5, 2019
- Polish-British Blockchain Company Billon to Digitise Euro in Deal with Raiffeisen Bank International - November 5, 2019
- 500.com Limited Releases Intel on Blockchain Technology for China’s Lottery Industry - November 4, 2019
- Oxfam, Etherisc, and Aon Find Success with First Blockchain-Based Agricultural Insurance Policies for Smallholder Farmers in Sri Lanka - November 4, 2019
- Interview: Brock Pierce and Two Prime’s Alexander S. Blum - November 4, 2019
- Samsung Bullish on Blockchain – Pushing for Developers on New Samsung Blockchain Platform SDK - November 1, 2019
- Busted: SEC and CFTC Nail First Global Credit – a Swiss Security-Based Bitcoin Swaps Dealer That Allegedly Aimed at American Investors - November 1, 2019
- Zilliqa and Oxford Women in Computer Science Society Join to Bring Diversity to Blockchain Sector - November 1, 2019