Streamr, the decentralized real-time data economy, today announced that its token called DATAcoin (DATA) has been listed on Bitfinex, one of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges. The listing on Bitfinex came into effect at 12 noon UTC, allowing DATAcoin holders trade against BTC, ETH and USD. The announcement follows Streamr’s successful crowd contribution period that rapidly reached its 30 million CHF hard cap.
Streamr CEO and Co-founder Henri Pihkala said:
“Bitfinex listing for our token is a significant milestone in achieving our mission to build a decentralized, scalable, and secure data economy. This welcome development showcases the high potential of our project and the boundless possibilities for real-time data tokenization.”
“This is an outstanding first step in our DATAcoin’s journey and is in the best interest of current DATA token holders, and those seeking to join the community. As Streamr begins trading on Bitfinex, with strong industry support and our stellar advisors behind us, we are well positioned to build the best platform imaginable and revolutionize how people and machines view, utilize, and share data,” added Pihkala.
Connecting both producers and consumers, Streamr aims to create a market for real-time data. The Data Market categorizes and showcases publicly available data streams. The Streamr token, DATAcoin, is needed to access and operate the market, and to compensate nodes in the P2P network. Subscribers pay for the data with the token while producers and participants are reimbursed automatically and securely.
Bitfinex will enable margin trading for DATA pairs as the order book develops appropriate liquidity, letting users trade with leverage via funding from the peer-to-peer margin funding platform. Bitfinex has the most liquid order book globally and is one of the most popular marketplaces for digital asset trading, with a current 24-hour volume of over $1 billion USD.
The Streamr crowd contribution period was managed by Bitcoin Suisse, the world’s leading crypto-asset broker and asset manager. Operating on a registration model, interested parties underwent a thorough Know Your Customer (KYC) process prior to whitelisting and participation.
Bitcoin Suisse Head of ICO and Streamr advisor Nicolai Oster said,
“Backed by technical expertise, deep industry knowledge, and global experience, Streamr has the potential to not only overhaul existing data systems but to build completely new platforms and networks. Having managed the successful crowd contribution period, Bitcoin Suisse is proud to continue supporting the Streamr team and facilitate the listing of DATA on Bitfinex and on other exchanges.”
In line with the company’s vision for a platform that is fair and open to all, Streamr’s crowd contribution period began on October 12, 2017, with a 24-hour exclusive period for participants contributing 500-5000 CHF. Once closed, the large cap opened for contributions between 5,000 and 50,000 CHF and was full within 90 minutes. The crowd contribution period saw over 1300 contributors participate.
“Every second, volumes of data are generated by sensors and connected devices in a range of sectors and services, and in the coming years, real-time data will increasingly turn into a commodity. It is our objective to lead the way in the tokenization of real-time data through the creation of the Streamr technology stack. With the listing of DATA on Bitfinex, our goal is one step closer to achievement,” concluded Pihkala.
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019
- Gibraltar Stock Exchange Opens the Doors to Secondary Market for Security Tokens - April 15, 2019
- Bittreo Releases Crypto Brokerage SAAS - April 14, 2019
- International Monetary Fund (IMF) Head Says Cryptocurrency is Shaking the System – Wary Eye on Silicon Valley Data Collectors - April 14, 2019
- US Regulator SEC Issues First ‘No Action’ Letter for Unregistered ICO - April 13, 2019
- Jason Hanania: Architecture of a Technodemocracy – Author Interview - April 12, 2019
- Block.one’s FinLab EOS VC Fund Invests in Moonlighting - April 11, 2019
- Blockstack Files with SEC for Reg A+ Token Offering - April 11, 2019
- US Congress Introduces Bipartisan-Supported Token Taxonomy Act - April 10, 2019