Streamr, the decentralized real-time data economy, today announced that its token called DATAcoin (DATA) has been listed on Bitfinex, one of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges. The listing on Bitfinex came into effect at 12 noon UTC, allowing DATAcoin holders trade against BTC, ETH and USD. The announcement follows Streamr’s successful crowd contribution period that rapidly reached its 30 million CHF hard cap.
Streamr CEO and Co-founder Henri Pihkala said:
“Bitfinex listing for our token is a significant milestone in achieving our mission to build a decentralized, scalable, and secure data economy. This welcome development showcases the high potential of our project and the boundless possibilities for real-time data tokenization.”
“This is an outstanding first step in our DATAcoin’s journey and is in the best interest of current DATA token holders, and those seeking to join the community. As Streamr begins trading on Bitfinex, with strong industry support and our stellar advisors behind us, we are well positioned to build the best platform imaginable and revolutionize how people and machines view, utilize, and share data,” added Pihkala.
Connecting both producers and consumers, Streamr aims to create a market for real-time data. The Data Market categorizes and showcases publicly available data streams. The Streamr token, DATAcoin, is needed to access and operate the market, and to compensate nodes in the P2P network. Subscribers pay for the data with the token while producers and participants are reimbursed automatically and securely.
Bitfinex will enable margin trading for DATA pairs as the order book develops appropriate liquidity, letting users trade with leverage via funding from the peer-to-peer margin funding platform. Bitfinex has the most liquid order book globally and is one of the most popular marketplaces for digital asset trading, with a current 24-hour volume of over $1 billion USD.
The Streamr crowd contribution period was managed by Bitcoin Suisse, the world’s leading crypto-asset broker and asset manager. Operating on a registration model, interested parties underwent a thorough Know Your Customer (KYC) process prior to whitelisting and participation.
Bitcoin Suisse Head of ICO and Streamr advisor Nicolai Oster said,
“Backed by technical expertise, deep industry knowledge, and global experience, Streamr has the potential to not only overhaul existing data systems but to build completely new platforms and networks. Having managed the successful crowd contribution period, Bitcoin Suisse is proud to continue supporting the Streamr team and facilitate the listing of DATA on Bitfinex and on other exchanges.”
In line with the company’s vision for a platform that is fair and open to all, Streamr’s crowd contribution period began on October 12, 2017, with a 24-hour exclusive period for participants contributing 500-5000 CHF. Once closed, the large cap opened for contributions between 5,000 and 50,000 CHF and was full within 90 minutes. The crowd contribution period saw over 1300 contributors participate.
“Every second, volumes of data are generated by sensors and connected devices in a range of sectors and services, and in the coming years, real-time data will increasingly turn into a commodity. It is our objective to lead the way in the tokenization of real-time data through the creation of the Streamr technology stack. With the listing of DATA on Bitfinex, our goal is one step closer to achievement,” concluded Pihkala.
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019
- Shanghai Blockchain Week Returns for Fifth Consecutive Year to Discuss the Next Decade of the Blockchain Industry - September 3, 2019
- ICO that Raised $37M in 18 minutes – Monetha – Passes Legal Audit on White Paper Commitments with Flying Colours - September 2, 2019