With the launch of Ethereum’s first multi-smart contract application, Tokit, artists and creators around the world can now power their projects with tokens and tokenized ecosystems. Tokit, short for “tokenize it”, is the first of SingularDTV’s suite of decentralized applications to launch on the Blockchain.
SingularDTV is releasing three categories of application—development, production and distribution applications. When used together, they are designed to empower artists and creators to become their own economies with the overall aim of creating a Blockchain entertainment industry void of gatekeepers and intermediaries.
Tokit, the first of SingularDTV’s development applications, allows users to embed their intellectual property’s rights, revenue and royalties into a programmable token. This feature, which has never existed in software architecture before, is made possible by the Blockchain’s data-network convergence and consensus algorithm. Combined with SingularDTV applications, it gives users unprecedented control over the exploitation of their work.
Zach LeBeau, CEO of SingularDTV commented:
“There’s an elaborate system of gatekeepers out there that oppress and suppress expression. When an artist does manage to express to the world, there is an even more elaborate system of intermediaries that extract value and revenue from that expression, making it nearly impossible for most to make a living from their art. Those days are coming to an end as SingularDTV launches applications that put the artist in control of their property from development to distribution.”
A New Type of Artist-Fan Relationship
Tokit and the SingularDTV suite of applications also offer new and exciting benefits for the audience. Now artists and fans can enter into a completely new type of reciprocal relationship that can sustain an artist throughout the life of their career, while also enriching their fan-base in the process. Because tokens generated in Tokit are embedded with the intellectual property of a project, when those projects generate revenue, that revenue instantaneously appears in the token for the fans to either withdraw or store.
Tokens can also act as the means in which to pay for content as well. In the present dynamic, fans don’t receive any tangible value for spreading the word to friends and family about their favorite film, television show or song, but if they hold their favorite song’s token, when their friends and family pay to access that content, that revenue is pushed into the token for the fans to benefit from. Now word-of-mouth marketing has real value.
Why Your Favorite TV Shows Never Have to be Cancelled
When project tokens are launched to the public, they realize a market cap through the various crypto-exchanges around the world where they can be traded. If a television series is tokenized, and generates a loyal and enthusiastic fan-base, that series can be sustained by its audience. Because revenue of the series is embedded in its own token, and also because the token can be used to watch episodes of that series – like a ticket for admission – audience will buy tokens to watch their favorite series.
They will also buy tokens to hold for the purpose of receiving the revenue generated by that series. The more audience, the more revenue generated, therefore the higher the value of the tokens, which will theoretically drive buying demand for those tokens. As long as the television series has a “token reserve” in place, learn more about Token Economics here, producers can liquidate that reserve on crypto-exchanges to fund subsequent seasons. With a growing fan-base acquiring tokens, the market cap of the series could increase exponentially, sustaining its lifespan for several seasons, or as long as the audience wants to participate in the economy of that series.
SingularDTV will be launching various television series to prove this new model.
Kim Jackson, SingularDTV’s President of Entertainment comments:
“Tokenized ecosystems allow for audiences and artists to mutually benefit from the success of a film or television show, and with no gatekeepers taking all the profit from the creators, this is the answer entertainment distribution has been waiting for.”
WHAT IS A TOKENIZED ECOSYSTEM?
In the centralized legacy world, what we call the “old-world”, business structures are called corporations, LLC’s, etc. But in this new world of Blockchain technology, Ethereum and SingularDTV, the new type of decentralized business structure is called a tokenized ecosystem. A tokenized ecosystem is made up of tokens that can be programmed with various functions and features that are powered by a smart contract system.
SingularDTV is an EnTech (entertainment technology) company utilizing Blockchain technology to create tokenized entertainment economies that empowers both content creators and consumers. The company presents filmmakers, musicians and artists with the tools to capitalize on its proprietary Blockchain-based technology in order to fund, distribute and market their content, in a peer-to-peer environment, eliminating traditional funding obstacles and distribution intermediaries.
- To learn more about SingularDTV: singulardtv.com/video/aW4BuA9Xcwk
- SingularDTV website: https://singulardtv.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SingularDTV
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SingularDTV/
- Medium: https://medium.com/@SingularDTV
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019