CarFix, a transactional maintenance, and repair platform reshaping the $1.8 trillion vehicle lifecycle industry, has announced its ICO for the VLB token on November 27, 2017.
By embracing leading Blockchain technology, CarFix is issuing the VLB token, and hopes to change the face of one of the most obsolete industries in the world. CarFix will take a comprehensive approach to streamlining the relationships in auto sales, auto repair, auto insurance and auto finance industries. The result will be Vehicle Lifecycle Blockchain that will usher many vehicle lifecycle industry players such as vehicle manufacturers, dealers, repair shops, insurance companies, spare parts distributors and others into a new era. Proceeds from the ICO will be used to develop and implement a Blockchain platform for the vehicle lifecycle industry to bring transparency and immutability to everything that happens to a car from the moment it comes off the factory floor and to the moment it is recycled in the junkyard.
“We are thrilled to officially announce the ICO of VLB Tokens,” said Oskar Hartmann, Co-Founder and President of VLB, “VLB streamlines one of the most antiquated industries in the world when it comes to customer services and transparency. We aim to develop the Vehicle Lifecycle Blockchain, deploy it, first, within the expanded VLB ecosystem; and, second, beyond VLB in a decentralized manner with a distributed network of proof-of-stake nodes. We strongly believe that our Blockchain technology can tap into the $1.8 trillion vehicle lifecycle industry to provide consumers with a positive value accretive experience and create significant business and cost saving opportunities for industry players.”
“Imagine a world where a regular maintenance job is purged of oppressive bureaucracy and dishonesty amongst repair shop owners, a common disconnect caused by limited knowledge of the average consumer about his car. The car repair industry is typically riddled with faulty and unnecessary costs. When customers use the VLB token for auto repairs all these fees are avoided, because CarFix has created a transactional software platform and an ecosystem of repair shops, spare parts suppliers and dealers where any repair job is priced via a transparent algorithm instantaneously and can be booked much the same way you book hotel rooms.”
After only 18 months since its launch, CarFix has brought a significant degree of order and transparency into the vehicle lifecycle industry, an industry closely associated with fraud and incoherency. By implementing a software that establishes fixed prices for all vehicle repairs, the CarFix ecosystem currently encompasses over 500 repair shops, 10 of the largest spare parts distributors, major dealerships, and over 250,000 users of which 50,000 are regular paying customers. This ecosystem is continuously growing, and will be further empowered by the Blockchain’s core premises of decentralization and immutability of records. In essence, the VLB token is bringing trust to a once thought “trustless” industry.
CarFix’s Ethereum based platform provides many benefits to users including enforcing warranties, maximizing the resale value of vehicles, ascertaining the authenticity of spare parts, achieving more accurate and cost-effective insurance claim management, and more! Users are given fixed prices for regular maintenance, through the following steps:
- The client provides his/her car model, VIN number or license plate number, contact information and desired time and location.
- VLB takes this data and instantly offers the client the three best repairs shops in his/her selected location.
- The VLB software then selects the required spare parts based on statistical data and manufacturer recommendation.
- After determining the required labor hours, VLB determines the prices and arranges all relevant appointment scheduling and deliveries.
- The customer gets his/her car repaired or, first, objectively diagnosed and then repaired with full transparency!
CarFix boasts an impressive team of advisors, including Sergey Solonin, founder and CEO of QIWI (NASDAQ: QIWI); Alexey Arkhipov, CTO of QIWI Blockchain Technologies and the developer behind MasterChain, the first Blockchain solution implemented in the Russian banking sector; and Hannes Chopra, former Senior VP of Allianz Insurance Company.
- eToro Acquires Smart Contract Infrastructure Provider Firmo - March 25, 2019
- UPS to work with Blockchain Company Inxeption - March 25, 2019
- Kik’s Kin Cuts Deal with MadLipz and its 40m Short Form Video Creators - March 21, 2019
- Former Prime Minister of Denmark Joins Blockchain Identity Project Concordium as Strategic Advisor - March 20, 2019
- US National Pork Board and RIPE.IO Partner to Improve Sustainability, Quality, Traceability, Waste and Fraud in the Industry - March 20, 2019
- Sumner Global Launches $100M Securitized Token Offering (STO) in Middle East - March 20, 2019
- Editorial: The Rumours of ICOs’ Death Have Been Greatly Exaggerated - March 18, 2019
- French NCC Deploy IBM Blockchain For Commercial and Corporate Registries - March 15, 2019
- Bcause, To Launch Full-stack Cryptocurrency Ecosystem On Nasdaq - March 13, 2019
- SEC – Ethereum is Not a Security - March 13, 2019
- US Treasury Sanctions One of Russia’s Biggest Commercial Banks Over Backing of Venezuela’s Cryptocurrency, Petro - March 13, 2019
- Fetch.AI Solves ‘Blockchain Trilemma’ with Novel Approach to Reaching Consensus - March 13, 2019
- Boerse Stuttgart Group Cut Deal with solarisBank to Develop Crypto Trading Platform - March 12, 2019
- ECCU Plans to Issue World’s First Blockchain-Based Central Bank Digital Currency in the Caribbean - March 12, 2019
- Blockchain Video Company Linius Connects Prototype to Blockchain-Centric Video Player - March 12, 2019
- Emaar, One of the World’s Largest Property Companies, Plans Loyalty and Referral Token - March 11, 2019
- European Commission Offering 32 Blockchain Startups €200.000 Equity-Free Cash for Citizen Data Control Decentralised Solutions - March 11, 2019
- One of World’s Largest Asset Managers ($2.46 trillion) Fidelity, Launches Bitcoin Service - March 11, 2019
- eToro Officially Launches Crypto Trading Platform & Wallet in the U.S. - March 7, 2019
- Smilo Platform Launches Mainnet – Decentralized, GDPR compliant, Hybrid, Multipurpose - March 7, 2019