Companies and developers wanting to integrate the decentralization, immutability, and consensus benefits of Blockchain technology into their existing data infrastructure and business applications finally have an enterprise-grade product with which to do so. FlureeDB — a scalable, Blockchain cloud database — launched November 9th, 2017 for public beta use.
Brian Platz and Flip Filipowski, the Winston-Salem duo who previously co-founded and built up Silkroad Technology — which grew to over 2,000 customers and 500 employees in 12 global offices — have partnered up again with Fluree, focusing on enabling enterprises to take advantage of the booming trend of decentralized applications.
“Many modern enterprises and startups want to leverage the benefits of Blockchain technology but become stuck navigating the complexity, cost of integration and lethargic nature of public Blockchain transactions,” said Brian Platz, co-founder and CEO of Fluree, PBC. “It is my hope that FlureeDB bridges the utility gap between Blockchain technology’s potential and its real world application across various industries.”
Blockchain technology has been touted by many as the fundamental building block for future enterprise transactions, as the need for trust, security, and transparency will continue to dominate innovation in business applications. Blockchain delivers a tamper-resistant consensus model that uses a decentralized network to verify and encrypt accurate transactions. FlureeDB builds each transaction into a block of time, creating a central Blockchain.
FlureeDB leverages the use of “Composite Blockchain Consensus,” in which a database can be broken up into different parts, each having its own Blockchain and associated consensus network. Its query engine allows developers to join all data across multiple Blockchains, enabling a single system to consist of a hybrid of consensus characteristics. This innovation in Blockchain technology allows for unprecedented scaling potential for decentralized applications and opens up a wide use case across industries as companies no longer have to decide between Blockchain decentralized verification and centralized information security.
Developers from all corners of the database landscape will also be pleased to find that FlureeDB can materialize as multiple database types, including Graph, Document and Event Log.
In addition to harnessing the power of Blockchain, FlureeDB offers a host of impressive database features, most notably:
- ACID Compliance
- Built in Permission Model
- Rich Query
- Point in Time Query
- Immutability Tamper Resistance
- Censorship Resistance
- Built-in partitioning
- Multiple sharding and joins to act as a single Database
- Cloud Hosted Option (Zero Management Overhead)
- High scalability; Low Latency
FlureeDB is available for use at: http://www.flur.ee and a developer whitepaper can be found here: http://www.flur.ee/assets/pdf/flureedb_whitepaper_v1.pdf
- MIT Professor Silvio Micali’s Algorand Project Announces Date for First Auction - June 6, 2019
- SEC sues Canadian Messaging Service Kik Selling Unregistered Securities in its $100 million ICO - June 4, 2019
- CrowdEngine Teams Up With Polymath Adding Security Token Issuance to List of Crowdfunding Services - June 3, 2019
- Bitcoin Inc. CEO Morgan Rockcoon Busted – 21 Months in Prison and Fines - June 3, 2019
- Reshaping a Nation’s Logistics Sector: Singaporean Blockchain Company PLMP Cuts Multimillion Dollar Deal With Indonesia - June 3, 2019
- Swisscom TV Opens Blockchain-based Art Gallery - June 3, 2019
- Canadian Messaging Service Kik Burns $5 Million Fighting SEC Over Utility Tokens, Now Raising $5 Million More to Continue Battle - June 3, 2019
- Salesforce Introduces CRM Blockchain Platform For Selected Clients - June 3, 2019
- Block.one Plans to Tackle Pitfalls of Social Media With New Blockchain Community Called “Voice” - June 3, 2019
- CasperLabs and Ethereum on Proof of Stake Protocol at CryptoChicks in Toronto, family ran Hack-A-Thon for blockchain family - June 3, 2019
- World Economic Forum Inaugurates Global Blockchain Council to Address Lack of Well-Defined Rules for Working with Blockchain - May 29, 2019
- India’s First Blockchain Powered VoD Platform ‘myNK’ Launches At Cannes Film Festival - May 27, 2019
- New Zealand’s Cryptopia Exchange Packs It In – Announces Liquidation - May 15, 2019
- Canadian Blockchain Expert Alex Tapscott and NextBlock Global Limited to Pay $1M for Misleading Investors - May 15, 2019
- ObEN Launches AI Newscaster With 3D “Satoshi” Avatar to Deliver Content via PAI News App - May 14, 2019
- Leading Freelance Platform Moonlighting Announces First Blockchain Integration Partner – Teams with HireVibes For EOSIO Solution - May 14, 2019
- Polish-UK Blockchain Company Billon awarded €2 million euro from EU to build DLT Document System - May 14, 2019
- City of Belfast and Colu Team up to Create City Loyalty Token to Boost Local Economy and Environment - May 8, 2019
- Fidelity Investments – to Launch Cryptocurrency Trading Desk Soon – Recent Report Shows Clients Want To Trade Digital Assets - May 8, 2019
- Consensys Accelerates Blockchain Investment Portfolio, Consolidates Investment Arms - May 8, 2019