Decentralized education platform BitDegree has announced that it is collaborating with Blockchain-based peer-to-peer cryptocurrency Zcoin (XZC) to develop a course about the Zerocoin protocol and the cryptography behind it. The target audience for the jointly-created upcoming cryptography course is C++ developers. It will run on the BitDegree platform.
BitDegree is a pioneering decentralized education platform, which will revolutionize education by offering Blockchain-powered IT and tech courses. It was created by the founders of Hostinger and 000webhost, one of world’s largest free web hosting platforms.
Zcoin is based on the academic paper of the Zerocoin protocol. It differs from a number of other cryptocurrencies in that it offers privacy through the use of an inbuilt protocol that allows users to remove transaction history of coins. This process involves burning up coins and redeeming a brand new coin with no transaction history by producing a zero-knowledge proof. It does this while retaining auditable coin supply and using venerable cryptography techniques such as RSA accumulators and the Fiat-Shamir transform.
As part of the agreement, Zcoin has also agreed to invest up to $20,000 USD in the BitDegree scholarship pool. This will allow BitDegree and Zcoin to collaboratively raise awareness surrounding Blockchain technologies, and globally promote Blockchain-based education.
Regarding the BitDegree-Zcoin partnership, BitDegree CEO Andrius Putna commented:
“Zcoin is one of the pioneers of using Blockchain technologies with cryptocurrencies. Working together to create a cryptography course is a huge step for BitDegree in establishing itself as a strong decentralized education platform, as well as a promoter of Blockchain-based education and technologies.”
Zcoin CEO Poramin Insom added:
“Zcoin is extremely excited about its new partnership with BitDegree. We are sure that our jointly-created cryptography course, plus BitDegree’s approach to education of giving learners the chance to “earn whilst they learn” will revolutionize education. We believe that our combined efforts in promoting Blockchain will also lead to decentralized education becoming “the new normal” in the future.”
In October 2017, BitDegree joined the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance and the Bitcoin Foundation as part of its campaign to adopt best practices from internationally-operating companies who promote the use of Blockchain and cryptocurrencies.
BitDegree’s token sale will start on December 1st 2017.
- Website: www.bitdegree.org
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/bitdegree.org
- Twitter: twitter.com/bitdegree_org
- Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2214321.0
- Blog: https://blog.bitdegree.org
- Telegram: https://t.me/bitdegree
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BitDegree/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuiGDksOmsM8y-_txG3wPYg
- Whitepaper: https://www.bitdegree.org/white-paper.pdf
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain - February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange - February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth - February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting - February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 - February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain - February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT - February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP - February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy - February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies - January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution - January 30, 2019
- Evident Proof Receives ‘Highly Commended’ Listing at the UK Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award Category at the 2018 UK IT Industry Awards - January 30, 2019
- Plato Technologies and Blackmoon Team Up to Expedite Launching of New ‘On-the-fly’ ETx’s - January 30, 2019
- Amnis Ventures backs CloseCross Raises $3 Million USD to Transform Financial Derivatives Market - January 30, 2019
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019
- London’s Blockchain Conference; Blockchain Expo Global Exhibition announces expert speakers - January 21, 2019