Decentralized education platform BitDegree has announced that it is collaborating with Blockchain-based peer-to-peer cryptocurrency Zcoin (XZC) to develop a course about the Zerocoin protocol and the cryptography behind it. The target audience for the jointly-created upcoming cryptography course is C++ developers. It will run on the BitDegree platform.
BitDegree is a pioneering decentralized education platform, which will revolutionize education by offering Blockchain-powered IT and tech courses. It was created by the founders of Hostinger and 000webhost, one of world’s largest free web hosting platforms.
Zcoin is based on the academic paper of the Zerocoin protocol. It differs from a number of other cryptocurrencies in that it offers privacy through the use of an inbuilt protocol that allows users to remove transaction history of coins. This process involves burning up coins and redeeming a brand new coin with no transaction history by producing a zero-knowledge proof. It does this while retaining auditable coin supply and using venerable cryptography techniques such as RSA accumulators and the Fiat-Shamir transform.
As part of the agreement, Zcoin has also agreed to invest up to $20,000 USD in the BitDegree scholarship pool. This will allow BitDegree and Zcoin to collaboratively raise awareness surrounding Blockchain technologies, and globally promote Blockchain-based education.
Regarding the BitDegree-Zcoin partnership, BitDegree CEO Andrius Putna commented:
“Zcoin is one of the pioneers of using Blockchain technologies with cryptocurrencies. Working together to create a cryptography course is a huge step for BitDegree in establishing itself as a strong decentralized education platform, as well as a promoter of Blockchain-based education and technologies.”
Zcoin CEO Poramin Insom added:
“Zcoin is extremely excited about its new partnership with BitDegree. We are sure that our jointly-created cryptography course, plus BitDegree’s approach to education of giving learners the chance to “earn whilst they learn” will revolutionize education. We believe that our combined efforts in promoting Blockchain will also lead to decentralized education becoming “the new normal” in the future.”
In October 2017, BitDegree joined the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance and the Bitcoin Foundation as part of its campaign to adopt best practices from internationally-operating companies who promote the use of Blockchain and cryptocurrencies.
BitDegree’s token sale will start on December 1st 2017.
- Website: www.bitdegree.org
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/bitdegree.org
- Twitter: twitter.com/bitdegree_org
- Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2214321.0
- Blog: https://blog.bitdegree.org
- Telegram: https://t.me/bitdegree
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BitDegree/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuiGDksOmsM8y-_txG3wPYg
- Whitepaper: https://www.bitdegree.org/white-paper.pdf
- Bitpay Opens Up Doors For Ethereum Payments - September 16, 2019
- Neufund Launches Blockchain-Driven Equity Token Sale for Retail Investors Out of Lichtenstein - September 16, 2019
- London Blockchain Accelerator Academy Looking for Partners - September 13, 2019
- Blockchain Startup Blockstack Raises a Whopping $23 Million In SEC-Qualified Reg A+ Token Offering - September 12, 2019
- France Vows to Block Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency in Europe - September 12, 2019
- R3 and Mastercard Team Up Mastercard to Build Overseas Payments System Build on Blockchain - September 12, 2019
- ConsenSys Officially Joins Hyperledger Project – Adding Public Blockchain Capability to Hyperledger - September 11, 2019
- Telegram Open Network Labs Releases Development Suite for TON Blockchain - September 11, 2019
- Whale Alert: USD One Billion+ BTC Was Transferred in One Transaction Last Week - September 11, 2019
- New Professional API Trading Program AlgoX Prime API Launched by eToroX - September 11, 2019
- Bitcoin.com’s Roger Ver Steps in to Operate Node on Cryptographer David Chaum’s New Elixxer Project - September 11, 2019
- Seychelles Heats Up With a First for a National Stock Exchange – MERJ Exchange Goes Live with Tokenized IPO - September 10, 2019
- Computing Legend Steve Wozniak To Launch Blockchain Energy Project – EFFORCE - September 10, 2019
- Hollywood Star Wesley Snipes To Tokenize $25 Million USD Movie Fund with Liechtenstein Blockchain Innovator LCX - September 9, 2019
- Netki Extends TransactID Solution For FATF “Travel Rule” Compliance - September 9, 2019
- Market Demand For Sophisticated Crypto Trading Methods Drives Singapore’s Broctagon Fintech Group To New Heights – Pushing Them Past $5 million - September 5, 2019
- London-based Custodian For Digital Assets, Copper, Reach $500m In Transactions In Just Three Months - September 5, 2019
- UN Meeting: Gibraltar Lawyers Call For A Global Regulatory Framework For Cryptocurrencies - September 4, 2019
- Michael Terpin’s BitAngels Investor Network Partners with Bitcoin Bay to Expand Blockchain Investment Ecosystem in Toronto, Canada - September 3, 2019
- Coinanalyst Launches Socializer – New Communication Tool - September 3, 2019