Decentralized education platform BitDegree has announced that it is collaborating with Blockchain-based peer-to-peer cryptocurrency Zcoin (XZC) to develop a course about the Zerocoin protocol and the cryptography behind it. The target audience for the jointly-created upcoming cryptography course is C++ developers. It will run on the BitDegree platform.
BitDegree is a pioneering decentralized education platform, which will revolutionize education by offering Blockchain-powered IT and tech courses. It was created by the founders of Hostinger and 000webhost, one of world’s largest free web hosting platforms.
Zcoin is based on the academic paper of the Zerocoin protocol. It differs from a number of other cryptocurrencies in that it offers privacy through the use of an inbuilt protocol that allows users to remove transaction history of coins. This process involves burning up coins and redeeming a brand new coin with no transaction history by producing a zero-knowledge proof. It does this while retaining auditable coin supply and using venerable cryptography techniques such as RSA accumulators and the Fiat-Shamir transform.
As part of the agreement, Zcoin has also agreed to invest up to $20,000 USD in the BitDegree scholarship pool. This will allow BitDegree and Zcoin to collaboratively raise awareness surrounding Blockchain technologies, and globally promote Blockchain-based education.
Regarding the BitDegree-Zcoin partnership, BitDegree CEO Andrius Putna commented:
“Zcoin is one of the pioneers of using Blockchain technologies with cryptocurrencies. Working together to create a cryptography course is a huge step for BitDegree in establishing itself as a strong decentralized education platform, as well as a promoter of Blockchain-based education and technologies.”
Zcoin CEO Poramin Insom added:
“Zcoin is extremely excited about its new partnership with BitDegree. We are sure that our jointly-created cryptography course, plus BitDegree’s approach to education of giving learners the chance to “earn whilst they learn” will revolutionize education. We believe that our combined efforts in promoting Blockchain will also lead to decentralized education becoming “the new normal” in the future.”
In October 2017, BitDegree joined the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance and the Bitcoin Foundation as part of its campaign to adopt best practices from internationally-operating companies who promote the use of Blockchain and cryptocurrencies.
BitDegree’s token sale will start on December 1st 2017.
- Website: www.bitdegree.org
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/bitdegree.org
- Twitter: twitter.com/bitdegree_org
- Bitcointalk: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2214321.0
- Blog: https://blog.bitdegree.org
- Telegram: https://t.me/bitdegree
- Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BitDegree/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuiGDksOmsM8y-_txG3wPYg
- Whitepaper: https://www.bitdegree.org/white-paper.pdf
- Blockchain Project Cashaa Protecting Crypto Companies to Survive Fifth Money Laundering Directive and New FCA Rules in 2020 - February 8, 2020
- US SEC Boss Hester Peirce Suggests Three Year “Safe Harbour Period” For Token Sales - February 6, 2020
- China’s Hyperchain Plans to Take on Coronavirus With Blockchain-Fueled Donation Platform - February 6, 2020
- Blockstack Proposes Using Bitcoin, Novel ‘Proof of Transfer’ To Accelerate A Truly User-Owned Web 3.0 - February 6, 2020
- Hack Blockchain To The MAX! €15.000 Prizepool at MAXathon in Berlin April 18-19, 2020 - February 6, 2020
- Chiliz And Enjin To Launch Blockchain Collectibles Using NFTs For The Likes of Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, Atlético de Madrid and West Ham - February 6, 2020
- MIT Researchers Claim to Boost Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Blockchain Transactions By 4x with New ‘Spider’ Routing Scheme - February 4, 2020
- Canada’s Blockchain Intelligence Group Signs USD$540,000 Contract with United States Feds - February 4, 2020
- The United States Marshals Services to Auction 4,040.54069820 Bitcoin – USD$37 Million - February 4, 2020
- OpenLegacy Project Gets $20m Strategic Investment from Japan’s SBI Holdings – Focus on Blockchain - February 4, 2020
- Fastest Growing and Highest Revenue Mobile Messenger App in the World, Japan’s LINE to Launch LINK Cryptocurrency - February 3, 2020
- Insolar to Launch MainNet on February 3, 2020 – Debuts Insolar’s New XNS Token - February 3, 2020
- Blockchain-Based Social Media App Vid with VI Tokens – To Launch April 1, 2020 – After VC $10 million USD Investment in 2019 - February 3, 2020
- UK FCA Licenses BCB Group as First Crypto Company to be Regulated as Authorised Payment Institution - January 31, 2020
- Virgil Griffith Pleads Innocent in Blockchain North Korea Event Case – Faces Up To 20 Years in Prison if Convicted - January 31, 2020
- University College London Centre for Blockchain Technologies Releases New Report on Supply Chains - January 31, 2020
- World’s Leading Research and Advisory Company Gartner Says Blockchain Smart Contracts Can Increase Corporate Overall Data Quality by 50 Percent - January 31, 2020
- Dubai Wants to Clone Crypto Valley in the Desert - January 29, 2020
- The National Bank of Cambodia (NBC) to Launch Blockchain-Based, Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) - January 29, 2020
- Swiss company Overfuture To Offer Tokenised Equity Crowdfunding (Security Token Offering) - January 29, 2020