Indorse, the decentralized social network for professionals, has announced a strategic collaboration with AppCoins, the first ever token sale serving 200 million active users, supported by the Aptoide App Store.
The collaboration comes before Indorse’s MVP launch later this month and will see both companies working together to share data between their individual user reputation systems. This will allow Indorse users to verify the ownership of any app on Aptoide App Store and will let Aptoide users check an Indorse developer’s reputation.
Aptoide is creating the first cryptocurrency for app stores, AppCoins, which is set to become an open protocol adoptable by any app store, addressing the main inefficiencies of the app economy, such as mobile advertising, in-app billing and app approval. AppCoins aims to create a more transparent and secure app approval process and will collaborate with Indorse on its developer reputation system.
Within the scope of the partnership, all Indorse investors will be granted access to the exclusive pre-sale of AppCoins, which will close on November 20, 2017.
Gaurang Torvekar, co-founder and CTO of Indorse, said:
“From the start of our journey, it has been our aim to provide users with benefits that current social network sites are denying them, such as data ownership, privacy, and security. In order to take on the leaders in this space, we require a strong network of partner platforms utilizing the reputation system and AppCoins is one of them.”
Unlike traditional platforms, Indorse is building a serverless, decentralized network where professionals have full control over their own data as they build their professional profiles and share skills on the platform, benefiting from the platform growth and data insights rather than third parties. Through participation in the platform, members of Indorse are able to earn rewards for sharing more about themselves and for “indorsing” the claims of others.
Indorse completed its token sale, raising approximately USD 9 million in September, 2017. Since then the team have worked towards the rollout of the platform; the first release, which takes place later this month, will see the launch of the CV visualizer and the main profile page.
Tiago Alves, VP APAC for Aptoide, added:
“We believe that the collaboration with Indorse will be beneficial for both the platforms, since AppCoins can benefit from Indorse’s reputation system to validate the profile of new Android developers and, on the other hand, all the apps uploaded to Aptoide can be an additional data point for Indorse to validate someone’s skills”.
With AppCoins, users can earn tokens through engaging with app advertising and then spend this currency on in-app purchases (such as game items and upgrades). Users who currently lack access to traditional payment methods will gain a chance to buy items that were previously inaccessible. In addition, a blockchain ledger will record all developers’ reputations, increasing the reliability of apps in the marketplace. In addition to the greater user engagement potential, the model removes the need for payment or advertisement intermediaries. This promises greater return on investment and increased monetization potential for developers.
AppCoins’ potential extends beyond the Aptoide platform, as the tokens will be made compatible for all app stores. With that in mind, an App Store Foundation will be created to coordinate the development of the protocol and reference implementation under an open governance model.
- US FDA Looks to Blockchain Technology to Secure Drug Supply Chain - February 15, 2019
- Nexo Lending to Offer Crypto-Backed Loans with Blockport Exchange - February 12, 2019
- Chainalysis Secures $30M Investment Led by Accel to Pave Way for Next Wave of Cryptocurrency Growth - February 12, 2019
- EUIPO Launches Forum on Using Blockchain for Counterfeiting - February 12, 2019
- Singapore’s NodeSwap Teams up with NY’s NODE40 - February 12, 2019
- New Release: Oracle Adds New Features to their Enterprise Blockchain - February 12, 2019
- Fetch.AI joins the IoT Alliance With Bosch, Cisco and Others to Accelerate IoT - February 7, 2019
- Dr. Bernard Lietaer – Monetary Visionary, Futurist, Author, RIP - February 5, 2019
- Fetch.AI To Launch Token Sale on Binance Launchpad to Build Intelligent Machine-to-Machine Economy - February 1, 2019
- Philippines Introduces New Rules for ICOs, STOs and Cryptocurrencies - January 31, 2019
- Evernym Cuts Deal with Red Cross and other Nonprofits Who Will Work with their Self-Sovereign Digital ID Solution - January 30, 2019
- Evident Proof Receives ‘Highly Commended’ Listing at the UK Innovation and Entrepreneurship Award Category at the 2018 UK IT Industry Awards - January 30, 2019
- Plato Technologies and Blackmoon Team Up to Expedite Launching of New ‘On-the-fly’ ETx’s - January 30, 2019
- Amnis Ventures backs CloseCross Raises $3 Million USD to Transform Financial Derivatives Market - January 30, 2019
- Distilled Identity and Emerge Announce Technology Partnership to Solve Global Identity Crisis for Refugees - January 22, 2019
- Satellite Project SpaceChain Concludes the First Qtum Blockchain Transaction in Space - January 22, 2019
- AAX Digital Asset Exchange to be Powered by London Stock Exchange Group Technology - January 22, 2019
- Amsterdam’s Blockport Launches Full Featured Trading Platform - January 22, 2019
- Swarm Offers Free Issuance of Security Tokens - January 21, 2019
- London’s Blockchain Conference; Blockchain Expo Global Exhibition announces expert speakers - January 21, 2019