Narrative Ltd. is announcing the launch of its new content and social networking platform, in which community members make the rules and reap the benefits of their contributions. The Narrative project includes some of the team from Social Strata, the company behind customer engagement applications such as Hoop.la. They are developing Narrative in order to give users the power to control the social network they help create.
Today, social networks are run by monolithic corporations. These companies are the ones who make the decisions about the content posted on their network, and they pocket the revenues from the network’s activity. With Narrative, users are truly in control of the communities they help create. Narrative gives its user community an unprecedented level of control: they elect their own moderators, elect a “tribunal” that functions like a Supreme Court, and even decide which ads run on the platform. Content management on Narrative is performed by moderators who are elected by the users themselves, and all actions on the network are completely transparent. Through this system of content ratings and user reputation, Narrative minimizes the impact of “bad eggs” in the community.
Narrative’s value is represented by cryptocurrency, and based on the Ethereum blockchain. However, users don’t need to know anything about cryptocurrencies in order to take part, and can even choose to receive rewards in fiat currency, rather than in existing tokens. Users earn money from any kind of contribution to the platform: writing posts and comments, posting images, and monitoring content.
Blockchain allows the system to collect and distribute revenue with complete transparency. The value in the associated cryptocurrency also allows the network to be instantly funded, so that users are paid for their efforts, even while the network is in its infancy.
Narrative’s platform includes three channels:
- A personal journal where writers create their own content and write to their heart’s content, either for themselves or for their readers
- Niches where users create content and participate in discussions, separated according to topic
- Brands where organizations create discussions, and where the brand owners decide who can post content
Narrative will hold an ICO for its NRV token on December 7, 2017, with Early Bird and presale phases prior to the official sale. Narrative has capped the ICO at 100 million tokens.
“Narrative is the world’s journal, where users post content in an ecosystem that they control,” says Ted O’Neill, Founder of Narrative and Social Strata. “We’re creating a content economy, where creators, moderators, and everyone who positively influences the network gets rewarded.”
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018
- Tokenomy Announces the Full Launch of Tokenomy Exchange - September 17, 2018
- Pandora Boxchain Creates Reputation Token for the Ethereum network - September 13, 2018
- DNAtix Sets a New Record: Compresses DNA Sequences to 99 per cent of Original Size - September 12, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Femergy Launches Global Entrepreneurship Platform To Tackle Tech Gender Gap - September 12, 2018
- First Crypto Marathon held in Lithuania – Runners win Tokens - September 11, 2018
- EU Holds Off on Crypto Regulation - September 11, 2018
- European Parliamentarians Propose EU-Wide ICO Regulatory Framework - September 6, 2018
- Former Prime Minister of Estonia Becomes New Chairman of Blockchain Startup Lympo - September 6, 2018
- Warhol Goes Crypto – Multi Million Dollar Group Sale to 100 Participants Using Blockchain-Fueled Maecenas Platform - September 5, 2018
- Credits and Lenovo to join forces on the Internet of Things - September 5, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Wala Wins 2018 Zambezi Prize for Innovation in Financial Inclusion - September 5, 2018
- Stellar Lumen Joins Lykke Exchange - September 3, 2018
- Arteïa, The Ultimate Decentralized Cataloging Solution To Manage The Value Of Art Collections - August 30, 2018
- Neon Exchange (NEX) – First Regulated Exchange Security Token in Europe – Announces ICO - August 30, 2018
- Evident Proof Passes Smart Contract Audit with a 100 Percent Score - August 29, 2018
- Blockchain Platform Orbs Marks Strategic Expansion Into South Korea - August 29, 2018
- Lisk Rolls Out Lisk Core 1.0 to Mainnet - August 29, 2018