The tropical hideaway, which can be seen at www.bloodybaybeach.com, is on Union Island in St Vincent and the Grenadines and is being offered for a cool 600 Bitcoins – the equivalent of around £4.4 million at today’s rate*. Serious buyers can put in their email address and a representative will contact them directly.
Whilst the price tag may exclude many from the sale, the meteoric rise in the value of Bitcoin means someone with just £440,000 worth of Bitcoins at the start of 2017 would be able to afford to buy the land today.
Even more dramatically, in March 2015 when Bitcoin was as low as £150, 600 Bitcoins would have cost just £90,000.
The land, which runs down to the beautiful white sands of Bloody Bay, comes with plans to build a stunning villa and beach bar, and is within a few minutes of a small airport linking Union Island with St Vincent and the other Grenadine islands.
The award winning architect Seth Stein has also drawn up plans for a collection of luxury cabins should the new owner wish entertain visiting friends and family.
The new owner will be investing in one of the property hot-spots of the Caribbean. Huge sums are being spent in developing the local infrastructure and turning the region into a luxury holiday destination.
On the neighbouring Canouan Island, more than £150m has been spent by the owners of the famous Sandy Lane resort in Barbados on developing the luxury Pink Sands Club. They’ve also added a 6,000ft runaway- the longest in the Grenadines – and a multi-million dollar superyacht marina.
Whoever buys the Bloody Bay site will be setting up home on an English-speaking island with just 3,000 inhabitants and the occasional visit from superyacht owners, sailors and divers who prize the crystal clear waters and pristine beaches.
The Grenadines are rich in history from the era of pirates to the darker days of slavery. In fact, neighbouring Tobago Cays were chosen as the location for the filming of some scenes from The Pirates of the Caribbean.
A quick boat trip would take the buyer to Mustique – the private island made famous by the likes of Princess Margaret, Mick Jagger, Bryan Adams, David Bowie, Tommy Hilfiger and Felix Dennis.
Venture slightly further afield and they would arrive at Necker Island which belongs to the Bitcoin enthusiast Sir Richard Branson.
A spokesperson for the Bloody Bay Company selling the land said:
“Someone wise or brave enough to have got in early on the cryptocurrency phenomenon could soon be lifting their rum cocktails to toast the bargain of the century.”
Serious offers can be made through the contact page at www.bloodybaybeach.com.
*rate based on 1BTC = (approximately) 10,000 US dollars. Historic rates taken from publicly available sources
- Genetics Prof. David Haymer Joins DNAtix Advisory Board - November 12, 2018
- Libra Announces Commitment to Support Circle Trade’s Financial Reporting Requirements - November 10, 2018
- Evident Proof, Leading Blockchain Immutable Proof Platform Accept Dash & XRP As Business Adoption Soars - November 10, 2018
- Ethereum Now On Hyperledger Fabric - October 28, 2018
- 8000+ Expected – Blockchain Expo North America Exhibition Announces Expert Speakers - October 26, 2018
- Enjin Smart Wallet Update Will Allow Users To Melt & Send ERC-1155 Tokens - October 26, 2018
- Crypto-Friendly Gallery HOFA Launches in Los Angeles With Qvantum Exhibition - October 26, 2018
- Blockchain Company WePower Announces Plans to Tokenize Estonian Power Grid - October 25, 2018
- Overstock’s Medici Ventures, Buys into Crypto Social Network, Minds - October 24, 2018
- Xfinite to release new Blockchain content platform - October 24, 2018
- Omnitude set to transform enterprise business with the move of its ECOM token to Stellar and the introduction of micropayments to users - October 24, 2018
- Nem, Proximax, And Pundi X Join Growing List Of Sportsfix Sponsor Partners - October 23, 2018
- NEM Foundation’s Founder Lon Wong Becomes SportsFix Chief Technology Advisor - October 10, 2018
- Medici Ventures Backs Wine Blockchain Project VinX - October 4, 2018
- Lithuanian Members of European Parliament Say Blockchain is Here to Stay – Hands Off Regulation! - October 4, 2018
- New Open Source Blockchain Project To Challenge Experian And Equifax - October 2, 2018
- IOHK Launches Cardano Rust Project - October 2, 2018
- Hyperledger and Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Cut Deal to Advance the Global Blockchain Business Ecosystem - October 2, 2018
- Binance Labs Supports Decentralized Global Content Ecosystem Contentos - October 2, 2018
- Nexus Partners with Jeff Garzik’s SpaceChain – Planning Spacenet - September 27, 2018