The tropical hideaway, which can be seen at www.bloodybaybeach.com, is on Union Island in St Vincent and the Grenadines and is being offered for a cool 600 Bitcoins – the equivalent of around £4.4 million at today’s rate*. Serious buyers can put in their email address and a representative will contact them directly.
Whilst the price tag may exclude many from the sale, the meteoric rise in the value of Bitcoin means someone with just £440,000 worth of Bitcoins at the start of 2017 would be able to afford to buy the land today.
Even more dramatically, in March 2015 when Bitcoin was as low as £150, 600 Bitcoins would have cost just £90,000.
The land, which runs down to the beautiful white sands of Bloody Bay, comes with plans to build a stunning villa and beach bar, and is within a few minutes of a small airport linking Union Island with St Vincent and the other Grenadine islands.
The award winning architect Seth Stein has also drawn up plans for a collection of luxury cabins should the new owner wish entertain visiting friends and family.
The new owner will be investing in one of the property hot-spots of the Caribbean. Huge sums are being spent in developing the local infrastructure and turning the region into a luxury holiday destination.
On the neighbouring Canouan Island, more than £150m has been spent by the owners of the famous Sandy Lane resort in Barbados on developing the luxury Pink Sands Club. They’ve also added a 6,000ft runaway- the longest in the Grenadines – and a multi-million dollar superyacht marina.
Whoever buys the Bloody Bay site will be setting up home on an English-speaking island with just 3,000 inhabitants and the occasional visit from superyacht owners, sailors and divers who prize the crystal clear waters and pristine beaches.
The Grenadines are rich in history from the era of pirates to the darker days of slavery. In fact, neighbouring Tobago Cays were chosen as the location for the filming of some scenes from The Pirates of the Caribbean.
A quick boat trip would take the buyer to Mustique – the private island made famous by the likes of Princess Margaret, Mick Jagger, Bryan Adams, David Bowie, Tommy Hilfiger and Felix Dennis.
Venture slightly further afield and they would arrive at Necker Island which belongs to the Bitcoin enthusiast Sir Richard Branson.
A spokesperson for the Bloody Bay Company selling the land said:
“Someone wise or brave enough to have got in early on the cryptocurrency phenomenon could soon be lifting their rum cocktails to toast the bargain of the century.”
Serious offers can be made through the contact page at www.bloodybaybeach.com.
*rate based on 1BTC = (approximately) 10,000 US dollars. Historic rates taken from publicly available sources
- MovieCoin Rolls Out ICO for Security and Utility Tokens - September 17, 2018
- WEF Report: 65+ Ways Blockchain Technology Can Tackle Environmental Challenges - September 17, 2018
- France Goes Bullish on ICOs – Opens Doors to Tokenomics - September 17, 2018
- Tokenomy Announces the Full Launch of Tokenomy Exchange - September 17, 2018
- Pandora Boxchain Creates Reputation Token for the Ethereum network - September 13, 2018
- DNAtix Sets a New Record: Compresses DNA Sequences to 99 per cent of Original Size - September 12, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Femergy Launches Global Entrepreneurship Platform To Tackle Tech Gender Gap - September 12, 2018
- First Crypto Marathon held in Lithuania – Runners win Tokens - September 11, 2018
- EU Holds Off on Crypto Regulation - September 11, 2018
- European Parliamentarians Propose EU-Wide ICO Regulatory Framework - September 6, 2018
- Former Prime Minister of Estonia Becomes New Chairman of Blockchain Startup Lympo - September 6, 2018
- Warhol Goes Crypto – Multi Million Dollar Group Sale to 100 Participants Using Blockchain-Fueled Maecenas Platform - September 5, 2018
- Credits and Lenovo to join forces on the Internet of Things - September 5, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Wala Wins 2018 Zambezi Prize for Innovation in Financial Inclusion - September 5, 2018
- Stellar Lumen Joins Lykke Exchange - September 3, 2018
- Arteïa, The Ultimate Decentralized Cataloging Solution To Manage The Value Of Art Collections - August 30, 2018
- Neon Exchange (NEX) – First Regulated Exchange Security Token in Europe – Announces ICO - August 30, 2018
- Evident Proof Passes Smart Contract Audit with a 100 Percent Score - August 29, 2018
- Blockchain Platform Orbs Marks Strategic Expansion Into South Korea - August 29, 2018
- Lisk Rolls Out Lisk Core 1.0 to Mainnet - August 29, 2018