Monero – a private and untraceable digital cryptocurrency – today announced the launch of “Project Coral Reef.” The initiative will allow the millions of fans of some of the top musicians in the world to use Monero to purchase music and merchandise at discounted prices this holiday season.
Over 35 iconic music artists, ranging from Weezer to G-Eazy, are taking part in Project Coral Reef. A full list of participating artists can be found here and attached.
“Cryptocurrencies are fast becoming more popular to make purchases, but not all currencies are created equal and not all are as private and secure as people think. Project Coral Reef is a very important step towards the mainstream adoption of Monero,” said Riccardo “fluffypony” Spagni, lead maintainer of Monero. “For the first time, consumers around the world can use Monero to securely and privately buy their favorite artists’ music and merchandise.”
Alongside the Monero community are key partners supporting the initiative, including payment processor GloBee, leading music merchandising companies Global Merchandising Services and Manhead Merchandise, platinum-selling music artist G-Eazy and other internationally acclaimed recording artists.
“As cryptocurrencies become more popular, it’s important that my fans have choices when it comes to how they buy my songs and merchandise,” said G-Eazy, the Billboard chart-topping rap star from Oakland, California. “Given Monero is one of the safest, most secure and most private cryptocurrencies, it’s one of the best options for my fans this holiday season — and just in time for my new album.”
Project Coral Reef is a Monero community-driven effort to raise awareness and generate mainstream adoption of one of the world’s top secure and private cryptocurrencies. It is the creation of Naveen Jain, a music industry veteran, serial entrepreneur, and evangelist of privacy-focused projects, and Riccardo Spagni, lead maintainer of Monero.
The announcement comes at a time when consumer information has never been more at risk, with recent cyber attacks against companies ranging from Uber to Yahoo! and Equifax.
“Privacy is a basic human right, but that right is being eroded as the companies we trust — banks, payment processors, credit card issuers and other players in the stream of commerce — are hacked or sell our information to the highest bidder.” Jain said. “Projects such as Monero are important defenders of our basic right to privacy, especially as we shop this holiday season. Consumers using Monero can trust that their transaction information will not be hijacked by thieves or commoditized by data brokers.
Monero is an open-source and decentralized cryptocurrency that was created by a community of world class developers, cryptographers, researchers and economists. The digital currency is a highly scalable monetary system that is completely private and secure. Unlike purchases with credit cards or fiat currency, Monero’s unmatched privacy features prevent third parties from targeting, hacking, harvesting and re-selling consumers’ financial data based on their transactions.
Partnerships with forward-thinking companies like Global Merchandise Services, Manhead Merchandise and iconic artists truly represent the potential for a turning point for Monero and privacy-focused digital currency
“Our focus is to create the best environment for fans to engage with their favorite artists’ merchandise and licensed products,” said Christopher Drinkwater, Head of e-commerce for Global Merchandise. “With the emergence of cryptocurrencies as an increasingly popular way for consumers to purchase goods, it makes sense that we partner with a trusted digital currency such as Monero to allow fans to transact with artists in a way in which they have never been able to before.
“As someone on the front lines of the music merchandise business, I know how passionate fans are in supporting their favorite band or artist,” said Chris Cornell, Founder and CEO of Manhead Merchandise. “I also know how much they value keeping their financial information private. Giving fans the option to use their Monero to purchase awesome gear at our artists’ stores this holiday season is a win-win for our artists, and our fans’ right to privacy.”
- Graph Blockchain Implements IoT Sensors for the Agriculture and Cannabis Sector - April 23, 2019
- Blocknet Release Beta Version of Multi-Blockchain Router – XRouter - April 23, 2019
- Alt Thirty Six Raises $10 Million In Series A Funding For Cannabis Blockchain Payment Solution - April 23, 2019
- Nine Major Universities to Build Blockchain Solution for Digital Academic Credentials - April 23, 2019
- Blockmason to Launch Blockmason Credit Protocol Token (BCPT) on Binance Chain - April 23, 2019
- Vinny Lingham’s Blockchain Startup Civic Cuts New Deals with a Dozen Retail Partners - April 23, 2019
- 220 Partners at JPMorgan’s Blockchain Project – New Features - April 23, 2019
- SIM Card Swapper: 21-Year-Old Cryptocurrency Thief Gets 10 Years in US Prison - April 23, 2019
- Indian Central Bankers Excludes Cryptocurrency Projects from it’s New Startup Fintech Sandbox - April 19, 2019
- Enterprise Ethereum Alliance Plans to Launch New Token Taxonomy Initiative - April 19, 2019
- Social Blockchain Project BitGive Signs Deal with Uphold - April 19, 2019
- Crypto Wars Continue – Bitcoin’s Self Proclaimed Founder Craig Wright Threatens to Sue Ethereum’s Vitalik Buterin - April 19, 2019
- Gate.io Exchange Releases IEO Startup Platform and Launches First Project with CNNS - April 18, 2019
- Telegram Cuts Deal With Wirecard to Build Blockchain Shared Payment and Banking Solutions For TON - April 17, 2019
- Token-as-a-Service (TaaS) Shuts Down – Distributes Assets to Token Owners - April 17, 2019
- eToroX Launches 8 Stablecoins on New Cryptocurrency Exchange - April 17, 2019
- Powerhouse Production Company Endemol Shine International Partners with Blockchain Startup BitMovio - April 17, 2019
- Huobi Prime’s Second EO Launch – Two Billion NEW Tokens Sold in Six Seconds - April 17, 2019
- Panxora safeguards ICO assets with crypto treasury management service - April 17, 2019
- Turing Award Winner and MIT Cryptographer, Dr. Silvio Micali, Publicly Opens TestNet at VC-backed Algorand Blockchain - April 16, 2019