Crypterium, an open source cryptocurrency banking project focused on payments and loans, has sold their CRPT token to over 50,000 participants during their ongoing ICO to be concluded Jan. 13. The average crowdsale purchase is just over $500, the issuer disclosed. Buyers from 143 countries including the US, Russia, Japan, Malaysia, Turkey and the UK have participated in the sale, according to an announcement from Crypterium, which is based in Estonia.
Crypterium co-founder and CEO Vladimir Gorbunov said in a statement: “I believe that of all the ICOs in the past few months, we are number one in terms of the number of token holders. We seem to appeal not just to people looking to acquire major holdings, but also to people just looking to actually use our currency. This broad-based support shows there is after all a mass market of people who are ready to use cryptocurrency and blockchain in their everyday life.”
Data from the crypto-financial information provider Token Report shows that over 262 ICOs were completed in the fourth quarter, and total funds raised by all crowdsale events were over $3 billion. Other notable ICOs in the fourth quarter include Hdac, an IoT connectivity project with backing from notable Hyundai BS&C executive raising $258 million and Sirin Labs, a smartphone hardware developer integrating blockchain technology raising $157.7 million. The fate of the third largest fundraiser at $142.4 million, PolkaDot, is still uncertain after losing over half of all proceeds following a Parity wallet hack.
To find out more about Crypterium and the ongoing CRPT token sale, visit https://crypterium.io/.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- ABBC Foundation to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018