China’s largest cryptocurrency, NEO, has given a big thumbs up to blockchain-based personal data exchange, PikcioChain, with a pre-ICO investment of almost USD 3 million, the Swiss startup revealed in a statement released today. The investment was made via the purchase of 660,000 PKC tokens.
Following the sale, PikcioChain has decided to move its standard interface from Ethereum’s ERC-20 format to the NEO EP-5. Designed to facilitate the secure storage and transfer of personal data, PikcioChain expects to benefit from the exchange of ideas and flexibility provided by the NEO platform and its previous work with the Chinese government to develop digital identity frameworks, the company said in its statement.
PikcioChain stated that it will also receive other support from NEO in the form of advice with technology, sales, and marketing for a new Chinese subsidiary of Pikcio AG. The organization will be promoted to Chinese financial institutions as the preferred platform for the management of personal data.
China has been working hard to develop digital identity frameworks. As the world’s single largest marketplace, it’s a key jurisdiction for any global business seeking success. The partnership between NEO and Pikcio provides a direct pathway into China and, according to the startup, will go a long way to ensuring that PikcioChain gains traction in the Chinese marketplace.
“This is an extremely exciting time for everyone at PikcioChain, we’ve been enjoying a very successful pre-ICO period in which we saw several major institutional investors interested in PikcioChain and the PKC token,” the company said in a press release, “NEO Council’s token purchase is a perfect example of the success we’ve been having.”
The PikcioChain pre-ICO will run until February 28th, 2018, followed by a crowdsale in March.
To learn more about NEO, visit https://neo.org/.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- ABBC Foundation to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018