Swiss-based Bloomio, an equity crowdfunding platform that connects early-stage startups with individual investors, has officially launched, after raising CHF 700, 000 in its first seeding round, according to a company statement. The platform allows startups to raise funds by tokenizing their equity and enabling investors to trade startup stakes through a secure blockchain-based marketplace.
In its announcement, the company said that the idea came about when the three cofounders first met, realizing they were all in agreement that many of the imperfections of the traditional venture-capital process (illiquidity, lack of capital, limited quality information and risk of fraud) could be addressed by a blockchain-based crowdfunding platform.
The company’s CEO, Max Lyadvinsky, is a former co-founder of Acronis, which develops software for backup, disaster recovery and secure filesharing. Lyadvinsky has been investing, developing and serving on the boards of several startups. In a statement he said: “I have been involved in many successful startups, but this is the thing! Many people are keen to invest in startups and to access investments with higher return. We offer them a trustworthy platform to do it.”
Bloomio’s other two founders are Emile Osumba, a finance executive with 17 years’ experience with top European banks, and Alexey Raevsky, who developed inofrmation-secutrity specialist Zecurion, and is now Bloomio’s CTO, said the company.
According to its webiste, investors need not put in large sums to use the Bloomio service; as little as USD 50 is necessary to invest in some of the startups on the company’s books. Bloomio also offers tailored solutions for banks and fund managers. At the end of 2017, the company added Luka Muller, a partner at the legal, tax and compliance fintech firm, MME, to its advisory board.
“This is the first step on the journey to permanently reform the traditional fundraising process for startups,” the company stated in its announcement.
For more information visit www.bloomio.com.
- Stratis Announces New Blockchain Identity App - July 23, 2018
- SophiaTX and ArkTree Partner to Promote Blockchain in South Africa - July 19, 2018
- Embleema Announces Healthcare Blockchain - July 18, 2018
- Quants, Blockchain & Bots: Gimmer Launches Automated Crypto Platform - July 13, 2018
- Swiss Stock Exchange Building Infrastructure for Digital Assets - July 12, 2018
- HBUS Launches Virtual Currency Platform Open to U.S. Users - July 10, 2018
- Archax Announces Platform that will Cater to Traditional and Crypto Investors - June 29, 2018
- Arsenal FC’s Crypto Partner, CashBet Raises $38 Million - June 22, 2018
- BOX Digital and tZERO Partner for SEC-Regulated Crypto Exchange - June 20, 2018
- Leading Argentine Credit Issuer Naranja Partners with Ripio - June 15, 2018
- Can This Korean Company Trump a President and Launch Peninsula-Wide Satellite Services? - June 14, 2018
- Quebec Moves to Restrict Crypto Mining - June 8, 2018
- Sagewise Using Hashgraph Blockchain to Underpin Smart Contract Resolution - June 7, 2018
- ALTR Releases Blockchain-Based Security Software - June 6, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Paxos Pivots to a $65 Million Raise - June 5, 2018
- Game Changer? Gaming Veterans Join Forces to Create Ultra Platform - June 1, 2018
- Harvard’s Experfy Launches ICO for Blockchain Education Platform - May 31, 2018
- Am-Ex Brings Blockchain to Membership Rewards - May 29, 2018
- Leading SV Funds Back User-Friendly Digital Assets Platform Tari - May 24, 2018
- æternity Launch Blockchain Incubator and Investment Network - May 23, 2018