OriginTrail announced Jan. 18 the end of the TRACE token crowdsale after successfully reaching the designated hard cap of USD 22.5 million. The project aims to use blockchain technology to bring transparency and accountability to supply chains around the world and fight persistent problems like counterfeit goods, food safety violations and sweatshops. OriginTrail launched its ICO presale on Jan. 15 and achieved its hard cap in 18 minutes, according to the issuers.
OriginTrail is developing the OriginTrail Decentralized Network (ODN) as an off-chain solution to the limited data throughput of existing blockchain technology. By design, data from many different IT systems can be integrated into the ODN and stored in a distributed cloud, while hashes or “fingerprints” of the data are stored on the blockchain for immutable record keeping. TRACE tokens are used to interact with the ODN and any dApps developed using the OriginTrail blockchain.
Co-founder and CEO of OriginTrail Tomaž Levak said in a statement, “We are honored to have experienced such a positive reception to our technology through our ICO. Building a product that inspires the confidence of so many supporters has been humbling and eye-opening. With this support, we can now begin executing the entirety of our roadmap over the next three years and ensure that ODN makes its way towards becoming the open-source standard for building transparency in supply chains.”
OriginTrail was recently recognized as a member of the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) and has also received support from the Chinese food tech accelerator program Bits x Bites in deploying a pilot program with Chinese online farmers market Yimishiji. The program uses OriginTrail technology to help 1.4 billion Chinese consumers verify the source, journey, and authenticity of their purchases, according to OriginTrail.
Matilda Ho, founder and Managing Director of Bits x Bites, and founder and CEO of Yimishiji, added in a statement, “As China’s first food tech accelerator VC, we set out to support startups that share our mission–to advance technology solutions to shape the future of good food. We couldn’t be more pleased to be working with OriginTrail and seeing the team revolutionize tomorrow’s food supply chains.”
To learn more about OriginTrail, visit https://origintrail.io.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- ABBC Foundation to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018