The Mark Cuban-backed, blockchain multimedia platform, Current Media is set to airdrop millions of dollars worth of free tokens, the company announced today. The CRNC token drop will be in lieu of the previously announced public token sale and targets a community that’s rapidly expanding, thanks to the USD 36 million the company raised in its recently closed private sale.
To date, more than 250,000 people have signed up to participate in Current’s token sale in the past two weeks, according to the company. Current also states that it received the equivalent of approximately USD 150 million in interest from backers looking to participate in the private sale.
“The amount of interest in our token sale has been nothing short of extraordinary,” Current co-founder and CEO Dan Novaes said, in a statement. “Current was designed for everyone, and our North Star is our community. We determined that this token distribution is the fairest way for everyone to meaningfully participate – independent of their location or background.”
Current, which counts digital media pioneer Mark Cuban among its initial investors, aims to address the fractured media-consumption landscape by bundling Spotify, YouTube, SoundCloud and other popular media networks into one platform. Users will not only have a more streamlined media-consumption experience, but they will also be rewarded for their daily music or video habits, said the company, in a statement. Rewards are given not only to customers for streaming preferred content through Current, but also to content creators and curators who are presented with CRNC when their work gains popularity. Everyone participating in Current is rewarded for referrals, stated the company.
Interested parties can still sign up to participate – and therefore be eligible for the free token distribution – by following Current on its Telegram channel at http://t.me/CurrentCRNC. The signup closes on Feb. 21.
- Wanchain CEO Jack Lu: Why 2.0 is a Milestone for the Entire Blockchain Industry - July 23, 2018
- Hit the Road, Jack. Wanchain 2.0 and WanLabs Kick Off European Tour - July 20, 2018
- Peter Gabriel Backs British Blockchain Startup Provenance - July 18, 2018
- Bitfinex CEO Hits Back at Fraud Expert’s Study Linking Tether to Crypto Price Manipulation - June 13, 2018
- Pundi X Moves Into Europe - June 5, 2018
- Dying for Crypto: The Ultimate ICO Publicity Stunt? - May 25, 2018
- Blockchain City Dubai Hosts Showstopping Summit, Unveils Registry to Expedite Business - May 8, 2018
- Crypto Tax: Victory for Tokenized Protest & Calls for Worldwide Reform - April 26, 2018
- Taking the Temperature at London’s Blockchain Expo 2018 - April 24, 2018
- Death Knell for Crypto in Poland? Poles Mobilze to Protest Crippling Tax Law - April 11, 2018
- Taiwan’s NOWnews Announces Plan to Launch Blockchain-Based Media Platform - April 3, 2018
- Study on 100 ICOs Identifies Social Reach, No. Of Advisors and a Raise of $10M as Key Factors for Success - April 2, 2018
- Exchange Group TMX Issues Guidance to Crypto and Blockchain Issuers - March 30, 2018
- DeepMind’s AI Pioneers Launch Fetch.ai – the World’s First Smart Ledger - March 29, 2018
- Kleros Joins Forces with Dether to Launch Decentralized Arbitration for Cryptocurrency Traders - March 26, 2018
- Future Crypto: 7 Clean Sneaks Past China’s ICO Ban - March 26, 2018
- Proxeus & Mount10 Partner to Provide Military-Grade Storage Security - March 22, 2018
- Playboy Pounces on Blockchain, Plans Crypto Wallet - March 14, 2018
- Crypto Leaders Speak out as US Regulatory Uncertainty Around ICOs Continues - March 9, 2018
- EU Proposes Pan-European Licensing Plan for ICOs - March 8, 2018