Blockchain-based, internet of things management platform, Augmate announced on Tuesday that it has received a grant from BitcoinLatina. A decentralized, GPU-mineable platform, BitcoinLatina promotes blockchain development in Latin America, utilizing smart contracts designed for the region and providing scalable blockchain solutions for consumers, enterprise, government, the military and universities.
“By growing the Latin America Blockchain, our focus is to create jobs and prosperity while helping citizens learn about the benefits of this emerging technology,” BitcoinLatina CEO John Gotts stated. “We recognize Augmate as the obvious, clear leader in the IoT/blockchain space and laud Augmate’s efforts in this arena.”
New York-based Augmate explained in its announcement that the unprecedented rise of blockchain development has also led to a global shortage of talent, and efforts are underway to bring together schools, businesses, and investors in Mexico to lay the groundwork for expanding hubs of qualified workers and thought leaders. Augmate stated that it plans to facilitate opportunities for a new technologically-savvy workforce to flourish throughout the Americas.
Founded in 2014, in New York City, as a B2B enterprise company specializing in wearable devices, Augmate’s investors include William Hickey, UPS Ventures, Simon Property Group, Tim Draper, Siemens Venture Capital and Rothenberg Ventures, according to the statement.
The grant, which comes in the form of 1 million BCL crypto coins, will be provided by the BitcoinLatina Foundation’s venture arm, BCL Ventures, with proceeds to be spent by Augmate on Latin American efforts over the next four years. Five percent of the coins will be given to Augmate on March 1 and the balance will be paid over the next four years, according to the announcement.
For more information on Augmate, please visit www.augmate.io.
image by Jan Jablunka, CC BY 2.0
- Stratis Announces New Blockchain Identity App - July 23, 2018
- SophiaTX and ArkTree Partner to Promote Blockchain in South Africa - July 19, 2018
- Embleema Announces Healthcare Blockchain - July 18, 2018
- Quants, Blockchain & Bots: Gimmer Launches Automated Crypto Platform - July 13, 2018
- Swiss Stock Exchange Building Infrastructure for Digital Assets - July 12, 2018
- HBUS Launches Virtual Currency Platform Open to U.S. Users - July 10, 2018
- Archax Announces Platform that will Cater to Traditional and Crypto Investors - June 29, 2018
- Arsenal FC’s Crypto Partner, CashBet Raises $38 Million - June 22, 2018
- BOX Digital and tZERO Partner for SEC-Regulated Crypto Exchange - June 20, 2018
- Leading Argentine Credit Issuer Naranja Partners with Ripio - June 15, 2018
- Can This Korean Company Trump a President and Launch Peninsula-Wide Satellite Services? - June 14, 2018
- Quebec Moves to Restrict Crypto Mining - June 8, 2018
- Sagewise Using Hashgraph Blockchain to Underpin Smart Contract Resolution - June 7, 2018
- ALTR Releases Blockchain-Based Security Software - June 6, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Paxos Pivots to a $65 Million Raise - June 5, 2018
- Game Changer? Gaming Veterans Join Forces to Create Ultra Platform - June 1, 2018
- Harvard’s Experfy Launches ICO for Blockchain Education Platform - May 31, 2018
- Am-Ex Brings Blockchain to Membership Rewards - May 29, 2018
- Leading SV Funds Back User-Friendly Digital Assets Platform Tari - May 24, 2018
- æternity Launch Blockchain Incubator and Investment Network - May 23, 2018