WELL, a decentralized, global healthcare network built on the Ethereum blockchain and smart contracts, today launched its WELL Web Platform for both patients and providers, delivering convenient healthcare anytime, anywhere. It’s public token sale begins April 16, 2018.
WELL founder and CEO Ildar Fazulyanov was inspired to create the platform in April 2015, following a snowboarding accident that left him frustrated with the inefficiencies of the healthcare system, according to the company’s statement. The platform seeks to fill what the company believes to be a void, with no single application or website where the crypto consumer can get appropriate medical care; where patients don’t only pay for healthcare, but can also earn money, through providing anonymous data to researchers, and where there are no fears of security breaches. Some of these features exist separately, but not in one single application, says the company’s statement.
The company also seeks to provide a solution to problems with payments for healthcare; difficulties with cross-border transactions and high prices. It offers benefits for patients including: immediate appointments at up to 30 percent less than the cost of in-person visits; access to interpreters, pharmacies, labs and medical equipment suppliers; remote monitoring; connectivity with patient devices; video and conference capabilities and the integration of records systems.
WELL’s blockchain structure, protects patients’ medical and financial data while providing easy cross-border payments without high exchange rates, processing fees, or third-party fees, says the statement. Using WELL tokens, a user can send and receive payment in minutes.
WELL’s aim is a telemedicine platform that connects patients worldwide, to a global network of doctors and other healthcare professionals. The company claims to work with healthcare providers, agencies, plans, hospitals and other facilities including: Medicare, myMatrixx®, Optum, Century Pacific Medical, Inc., Medi-Cal, Veteran Affairs, Tricare and Medicare Advantage.
More details of WELL’s public token sale can be found here: https://www.joinwell.io
To sign up for WELL’s web platform as either a patient or provider, visit www.tele.joinwell.com and register, or view a demo of the platform using the email addresses [email protected] or [email protected], along with the password: password.
- Wanchain CEO Jack Lu: Why 2.0 is a Milestone for the Entire Blockchain Industry - July 23, 2018
- Hit the Road, Jack. Wanchain 2.0 and WanLabs Kick Off European Tour - July 20, 2018
- Peter Gabriel Backs British Blockchain Startup Provenance - July 18, 2018
- Bitfinex CEO Hits Back at Fraud Expert’s Study Linking Tether to Crypto Price Manipulation - June 13, 2018
- Pundi X Moves Into Europe - June 5, 2018
- Dying for Crypto: The Ultimate ICO Publicity Stunt? - May 25, 2018
- Blockchain City Dubai Hosts Showstopping Summit, Unveils Registry to Expedite Business - May 8, 2018
- Crypto Tax: Victory for Tokenized Protest & Calls for Worldwide Reform - April 26, 2018
- Taking the Temperature at London’s Blockchain Expo 2018 - April 24, 2018
- Death Knell for Crypto in Poland? Poles Mobilze to Protest Crippling Tax Law - April 11, 2018
- Taiwan’s NOWnews Announces Plan to Launch Blockchain-Based Media Platform - April 3, 2018
- Study on 100 ICOs Identifies Social Reach, No. Of Advisors and a Raise of $10M as Key Factors for Success - April 2, 2018
- Exchange Group TMX Issues Guidance to Crypto and Blockchain Issuers - March 30, 2018
- DeepMind’s AI Pioneers Launch Fetch.ai – the World’s First Smart Ledger - March 29, 2018
- Kleros Joins Forces with Dether to Launch Decentralized Arbitration for Cryptocurrency Traders - March 26, 2018
- Future Crypto: 7 Clean Sneaks Past China’s ICO Ban - March 26, 2018
- Proxeus & Mount10 Partner to Provide Military-Grade Storage Security - March 22, 2018
- Playboy Pounces on Blockchain, Plans Crypto Wallet - March 14, 2018
- Crypto Leaders Speak out as US Regulatory Uncertainty Around ICOs Continues - March 9, 2018
- EU Proposes Pan-European Licensing Plan for ICOs - March 8, 2018