Insurtech startup, Etherisc announced on Tuesday the opening of registration for the whitelist of its upcoming DIP token generation event (TGE). The TGE will support research and development of the company’s decentralized, open-source insurance protocol, with the aim of providing greater transparency and lower operational costs throughout the industry.
Etherisc Co-Founder Stephan Karpischek said, in a statement, “The insurance industry is outdated and riddled with frustrations and conflicts of interest. People and businesses have, for years, been calling out for an insurance process that is transparent, reliable, and instant. Etherisc is leveraging blockchain technology to answer the market demand and bring insurance back to its roots as society’s safety net. Etherisc’s decentralized platform will modernize the insurance industry by bringing back the long-standing values of transparency, efficiency, and fairness, which have somehow become lost along the way.”
Since winning the Blockchain Oscar 2017 for most innovative blockchain startup, Etherisc has built a community of entrepreneurs and traditional insurance industry players, working closely with the Swiss Financial Regulatory Authority to ensure the DIP TGE is regulation-compliant, according to the statement.
The company also states that its board of advisors includes: Business Blockchain author and investor William Mougayar; co-founder and managing partner at CoinFund LLC, Jake Burkhman; co-founder of Lakeside Partners Ralf Glabischnig and CEO of AugmentPartners Limited Ron Bernstein.
The DIP TGE is scheduled for April 2018, with a hard cap of USD 30 million. One billion DIP tokens will be distributed.
To learn more about Etherisc and the DIP TGE, visit https://etherisc.com/.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- ABBC Foundation to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018