Millennial gamers represent a huge source of pent-up demand for using cryptocurrency as part of their gaming experience, according to a study released today by Worldwide Asset eXchange (WAX), a blockchain platform for trading online video game assets.
According to the WAX survey of 1,000 US-based gamers, some 55 percent said they had already used cryptocurrencies. However, the vast majority (87 percent) had not yet used cryptocurrency in gaming, although 80 percent said they are interested in doing so, while close to two-thirds want more opportunities to do so, WAX said in a press release.
The global nature of the online gaming community coupled with the tech-savviness of the millennial generation means the adoption rate of cryptocurrencies within gaming can only increase with time, said the company.
Additionally, according to WAX, issues that plague the virtual gaming assets market — such as high fees and exchange rates, rampant fraud, inefficient intermediaries and slow transaction times — could be solved by the widespread adoption of cryptocurrency.
Drilling down further into the survey, useful insights include:
- 75 percent of gamers said they felt cryptocurrencies would be easier to use in gaming
- 66 percent welcomed the heightened security cryptocurrencies offer as a benefit
- 49 percent cited the faster processing speed cryptocurrencies offer
- 42 percent said they liked how cryptocurrencies reduced exchange rates and
- 44 percent said they thought gaming asset transaction fees should be lower
Website link: https://wax.io
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018