The estate of rapper, Ol’ Dirty Bastard is launching a Dirty Coin token and blockchain-based products to fund the future music projects of the legendary, WuTang Clan founding member’s son, Young Dirty (Barson Jones).
The Dirty Coin token, /ODB will give fans access to shows, tours, as well as exclusive merchandise and music from the rap star, who died in 2004, and his progeny, according to a statement released today. The ODB Token will go live on the TAO Network /XTO and will be traded on AltMarket, in partnership with California talent developers, Link Media Partners.
Link Media will work with Young Dirty to develop his music and infrastructure, producing and releasing material without a record label, the press release stated. His projects will be announced pending an “initial artist offering” (IAO) in summer 2018.
Young Dirty is currently in the studio recording his first album, which is slated for a Fall 2018 release. This will be followed by a North American tour with Digital Underground later this year, according to the statement. “Bitcoin is the future of money and all the fans want a part of the future of Ol’ Dirty Bastard. In the past, Dad’s music was ahead of its time, so it makes sense that he would be ahead of the technology of money now,” said Young Dirty.
“Music thrives creatively and financially when it’s in the hands of the artist themselves. By removing the price tag of experimentation, we’re able to deliver for both the artist and their fans,” said Bryce Weiner, CEO of AltMarket.
“My career has been spent helping artists build and own as much of their careers as possible, so it is an absolute honor to be partnered with Young Dirty and the ODB Estate as we discover and implement exciting new ways for artists to connect with, and empower, their fans,” said Hakim Draper, CEO of Link Media Partners.
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018