The Japan Bank Consortium has announced the development of the MoneyTap smartphone application powered by Ripple blockchain technology. The MoneyTap app is scheduled to be released with support from a limited number of Consortium members – SBI Net Sumishin Bank, Suruga Bank, and Resona Bank in Autumn 2018, with additional member banks to be rolled out in stages over the following months. The Japan Bank Consortium, led by SBI Ripple Asia, covers more than 80 percent of Japanese banking assets with 61 member banks in all.
Flexibility with domestic payments is limited in Japan: transactions must occur on weekdays and between 8:30 am and 3:30 pm or risk delays. MoneyTap will allow bank consortium customers to make instant domestic payments between member banks and requires only a phone number, bank account number, or QR code, according to Ripple’s statement.
Ripple was launched with an ambitious goal: the developers wanted to enable the “Internet of Value” (IoV) to move money as easily as information is moved today. More than 100 financial institutions currently use Ripple technology, according to the company’s statement. Ripple xCurrent software solution and its xRapid liquidity solution for emerging markets are designed to facilitate both domestic and international transfers of value. The company believes that the release of MoneyTap will help to make the transfer of money as streamlined and instantaneous as the transfer of ideas and information for its Japanese customers.
Director of Joint Venture Partnerships at Ripple Emi Yoshikawa said, in a statement, “The release of the MoneyTap mobile app shows Ripple’s continued commitment to provide its partners across Asia and the world with blockchain-powered solutions that dramatically improve the customer payments journey. We’re proud to provide this production-ready technology that not only improves the international payments experience, but also have applications for domestic payments infrastructure.”
To learn more about Ripple, visit https://ripple.com/.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- ABBC Foundation to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018