Backed by experts from NASA, the Ethereum Foundation and General Motors, DAV (short for Decentralized Autonomous Vehicles), a blockchain-based platform that is building the infrastructure for the internet of transport, on Tuesday announced the launch of its exchange platform for autonomous transportation services via payments in cryptocurrencies.
Taking advantage of the growing ‘sharing economy’ trend, DAV aims to enable services providers to make an entire network of autonomous vehicles available to their customers for on-demand delivery and transportation services, according to the company’s statement. A unified payment ecosystem and communication protocol aims to make it easy for services to be scheduled, performed, and compensated, and will include a bidding system for areas or situations where demand outstrips the supply of available transport capacity.
DAV is aiming to make the transport of goods through the physical world more closely resemble the way packets of data are sent digitally. It allows vehicles — including drones, cars and trucks — to work together, pay each other, and provide services, creating a global marketplace where transportation services are bought and sold, says the company’s statement.
The project has attracted talented and experienced industry experts from the automotive, aerospace and blockchain industries, while the board of directors is populated by veterans of GM, SAP, Bancor, Equinix, the Ethereum Foundation and members of NASA, including Commander Scott Horowitz, a four-mission Space Shuttle astronaut (pictured).
“I am thrilled to join the DAV team on its journey to create and launch a new and innovative infrastructure for a global Internet of Transportation,” stated Commander Horowitz.
“At DAV, we’re laying the groundwork for a new transportation economy. This is an ambitious undertaking, so we do not plan to do it alone. We’re supported by leading experts in the fields of Blockchain, economics, AI, infrastructure, legislation, and aerospace,” Noam Copel, CEO of the DAV Foundation stated.
To learn more about DAV, visit https://dav.network/.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- ABBC Foundation to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018