London-based ThinkMarkets announced on Tuesday that it’s launching an initial coin offering (ICO), the proceeds of which will go to developing its multi-asset blockchain-based exchange, TradeConnect. The ICO commences March 27, 2018.
As “the very first exchange of its kind in the world”, ThinkMarkets claims that its service will allow investors to trade in a wide range of financial products, including commodities, precious metals, equities and cryptocurrencies. Further, TradeConnect will allow peer-to-peer trading between individuals and institutions without the need for an intermediary. A single digital trading token – ThinkCoin – will be used as a unit of exchange, stated the company.
“The exchange will use Artificial Intelligence to build Digital Personas for investors, so that each trade is matched on the network with the right participant as quickly as possible and at the best price,” says ThinkMarkets. “This significantly reduces trading costs and stabilises pricing on the exchange, to create a more level playing field. The exchange is powered by blockchain technology, which delivers greater transparency for traders and reduces the time needed to settle a trade (from days to seconds), compared with a traditional brokerage.”
The hard cap for ThinkMarkets’ ICO is USD 50 million, and the proceeds will be used to develop its exchange, attract users, and expand the range of trading products on the exchange. ThinkMarkets stated that it plans an April launch for its exchange, with its cryptocurrency, the ThinkCoin token, listed on crypto exchanges by May, A beta launch for select clients is planned for July and it’s aiming to have TradeConnect obtain a U.S. exchange license by December.
ThinkMarkets co-creator and CEO, Nauman Anees believes TradeConnect has the potential to revolutionize how the trading process: “Trading is currently conducted with little transparency, with large prime brokers, banks and institutions controlling the flow of information and maintaining full control over both the prices set and the settlement process,” he stated. “The time has come to change this by decentralizing, disrupting and democratizing the world of trading with the TradeConnect network.”
For further information, contact [email protected].
- Stratis Announces New Blockchain Identity App - July 23, 2018
- SophiaTX and ArkTree Partner to Promote Blockchain in South Africa - July 19, 2018
- Embleema Announces Healthcare Blockchain - July 18, 2018
- Quants, Blockchain & Bots: Gimmer Launches Automated Crypto Platform - July 13, 2018
- Swiss Stock Exchange Building Infrastructure for Digital Assets - July 12, 2018
- HBUS Launches Virtual Currency Platform Open to U.S. Users - July 10, 2018
- Archax Announces Platform that will Cater to Traditional and Crypto Investors - June 29, 2018
- Arsenal FC’s Crypto Partner, CashBet Raises $38 Million - June 22, 2018
- BOX Digital and tZERO Partner for SEC-Regulated Crypto Exchange - June 20, 2018
- Leading Argentine Credit Issuer Naranja Partners with Ripio - June 15, 2018
- Can This Korean Company Trump a President and Launch Peninsula-Wide Satellite Services? - June 14, 2018
- Quebec Moves to Restrict Crypto Mining - June 8, 2018
- Sagewise Using Hashgraph Blockchain to Underpin Smart Contract Resolution - June 7, 2018
- ALTR Releases Blockchain-Based Security Software - June 6, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Paxos Pivots to a $65 Million Raise - June 5, 2018
- Game Changer? Gaming Veterans Join Forces to Create Ultra Platform - June 1, 2018
- Harvard’s Experfy Launches ICO for Blockchain Education Platform - May 31, 2018
- Am-Ex Brings Blockchain to Membership Rewards - May 29, 2018
- Leading SV Funds Back User-Friendly Digital Assets Platform Tari - May 24, 2018
- æternity Launch Blockchain Incubator and Investment Network - May 23, 2018