Swedish software and gaming company MindArk announced on Thursday the official launch of its token sale, aimed at developing the world’s first Intellectual Property Engine (IPX) for the exchange and licensing of reusable, digital IP. MindArk has 20 years’ experience managing a virtual marketplace, with its award-winning, real-cash-economy, multiplayer game, Entropia Universe, which has over 3 million registered users.
Funds from the token sale, capped at USD 100 million, will also help advance development of Entropia Universe, the company said in a statement. The game’s economy employs real-cash transactions for digital assets and has a gross market value of over USD 400 million while facilitating over 33 million transactions daily.
“This is a really exciting time for MindArk as we look to achieve our goal of creating an IPX which can democratize the digital assets market, making it easier for everyone to create, collaborate, and prosper,” said MindArk CEO, Henrik Nel in a statement. “We already have a repository of over 70,000 reusable assets which could be utilized by developers to expedite their work and we believe that the market opportunity for this platform is enormous.”
The MindArk IPX platform will provide creators and other individuals seeking to license their digital assets and intellectual property with an ecosystem for exchange between businesses, developers, institutions, and token holders, via an open source cross-platform secured by smart contracts, the company stated.
MindArk will offer 125 million DeepTokens (DTA) per one USD equivalent while retaining 25 million tokens as a capital buffer, according to the statement. Contributions can be made in Bitcoin or Ether and via debit card and bank transfers and will remain open for six weeks or until the hard cap is reached.
“The token market is undergoing a period of rapid activity, however, we are uniquely placed for a raise of this kind, having had over 20 years of experience managing a virtual currency and overseeing 33 million microtransactions every day through the Entropia Universe already. As such, we’re well ahead of the curve for this undertaking,” added Henrik.
To learn more about the upcoming DeepToken sale, visit https://deeptoken.io/.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- Alibabacoin to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018