Singapore-registered Seed Vault Ltd. announced on Tuesday that it has partnered with the Swiss-based bot-exchange platform, bottish, to create a decentralized platform for developers to create bots.
The companies stated that their partnership aims to put the power of the bot industry back into the hands of developers and users across the world through decentralization.
“Currently, the bot industry is dominated by a small number of internet giants, holding the tools and protocols needed to develop new bots and put them in the hands of users,” the announcement states. “Seed Vault’s decentralized marketplace disrupts this dominance with an alternative open-source approach that sees developers rewarded for the bot components, libraries and personalities they create.”
Seed Vault stated that its platform is built on the Ethereum blockchain and underpinned by a core bot framework licensed from Botanic Technologies, which is already proven and in use by a range of large corporations around the world. Its users use the “SEED Token,” which is a purpose-built token for the bot economy which enables an open, trusted developer ecosystem for conversational user interfaces, the company stated.
Bottish founder Thomas Schulz said this platform is a community-driven solution to the potential misuse of data by the large corporations that dominate the bot market.
“The recent news about misusing data from Facebook has only reinforced the need for a community-driven solution like Seed Vault,” he stated. “For bottish’s members being rewarded for their development changes the game. Building bots is hard work and the Seed Vault approach will speed innovation by putting more valuable bot code in the hands of those who need it.”
Bottish was launched in 2016, and has a network of more than 50,000 members and affiliates already actively participating in the bot industry, according to the announcement. Events that bottish offers include online meetups and livestreams featuring bot experts.
The start-up has attracted investment by Outlier Ventures, a blockchain focused VC firm, which has also formed a strategic partnership with Botanics. Jamie Burke, CEO of Outlier Ventures, said, in a statement: “The ability to authenticate bots, their creators and their interactions using distributed ledgers is essential to building trusted AI that sees mainstream adoption.”
To learn more and sign up for email updates visit https://seedtoken.io
- Stratis Announces New Blockchain Identity App - July 23, 2018
- SophiaTX and ArkTree Partner to Promote Blockchain in South Africa - July 19, 2018
- Embleema Announces Healthcare Blockchain - July 18, 2018
- Quants, Blockchain & Bots: Gimmer Launches Automated Crypto Platform - July 13, 2018
- Swiss Stock Exchange Building Infrastructure for Digital Assets - July 12, 2018
- HBUS Launches Virtual Currency Platform Open to U.S. Users - July 10, 2018
- Archax Announces Platform that will Cater to Traditional and Crypto Investors - June 29, 2018
- Arsenal FC’s Crypto Partner, CashBet Raises $38 Million - June 22, 2018
- BOX Digital and tZERO Partner for SEC-Regulated Crypto Exchange - June 20, 2018
- Leading Argentine Credit Issuer Naranja Partners with Ripio - June 15, 2018
- Can This Korean Company Trump a President and Launch Peninsula-Wide Satellite Services? - June 14, 2018
- Quebec Moves to Restrict Crypto Mining - June 8, 2018
- Sagewise Using Hashgraph Blockchain to Underpin Smart Contract Resolution - June 7, 2018
- ALTR Releases Blockchain-Based Security Software - June 6, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Paxos Pivots to a $65 Million Raise - June 5, 2018
- Game Changer? Gaming Veterans Join Forces to Create Ultra Platform - June 1, 2018
- Harvard’s Experfy Launches ICO for Blockchain Education Platform - May 31, 2018
- Am-Ex Brings Blockchain to Membership Rewards - May 29, 2018
- Leading SV Funds Back User-Friendly Digital Assets Platform Tari - May 24, 2018
- æternity Launch Blockchain Incubator and Investment Network - May 23, 2018