Californian startup OPEN, a blockchain payments infrastructure for applications, announced on Thursday that it’s being backed by the Draper Dragon Digital Asset Fund (DDDAF), a venture capital firm that invests in startups in Silicon Valley and Asia and is led by the highly regarded Tim Draper.
OPEN’s announcement did not say how much DDAF is investing in the venture but said that the fund typically invests between USD 3 million and USD 5 million.
According to OPEN, DDDAF Managing Director Andy Tang will support the company as it builds its first “developer wallet” for the blockchain payment infrastructure.
OPEN stated that its technology bridges the gap between traditional application developers and blockchain technology. It allows current applications to accept cryptocurrency payments while still being able to receive traditional payments, without having to redevelop its application stacks from the ground up.
This technology is aimed at supporting application developers to build blockchain or cryptocurrency integrations via funding, marketing, technology and growth acceleration, OPEN added.
“Most applications require the use of off-chain technologies, meaning traditional components that do not exist on blockchains such as a database to interact with transactions taking place on the blockchain, thus requiring applications to, realistically, require both on-chain and off-chain components,” OPEN’s announcement stated. “OPEN provides this missing infrastructure for developers to enable application backends to interface with blockchain wallets and the two-way communication of payment data between on-chain and off-chain systems.”
“As a prominent leader in the blockchain space, Draper Dragon’s backing is a tremendous endorsement for OPEN’s technology for blockchain payments,” said OPEN CEO Ken Sangha, in a statement. “Their support strengthens our vision of becoming a catalyst for blockchain adoption and integration by empowering mainstream software developers.”
Draper Dragon, formerly known as DFJ Dragon Fund China, is a private equity and venture capital firm specializing in seed, startup, early stage, mid stage, and bridge financing.
For more information about OPEN, www.openfuture.io.
- Stratis Announces New Blockchain Identity App - July 23, 2018
- SophiaTX and ArkTree Partner to Promote Blockchain in South Africa - July 19, 2018
- Embleema Announces Healthcare Blockchain - July 18, 2018
- Quants, Blockchain & Bots: Gimmer Launches Automated Crypto Platform - July 13, 2018
- Swiss Stock Exchange Building Infrastructure for Digital Assets - July 12, 2018
- HBUS Launches Virtual Currency Platform Open to U.S. Users - July 10, 2018
- Archax Announces Platform that will Cater to Traditional and Crypto Investors - June 29, 2018
- Arsenal FC’s Crypto Partner, CashBet Raises $38 Million - June 22, 2018
- BOX Digital and tZERO Partner for SEC-Regulated Crypto Exchange - June 20, 2018
- Leading Argentine Credit Issuer Naranja Partners with Ripio - June 15, 2018
- Can This Korean Company Trump a President and Launch Peninsula-Wide Satellite Services? - June 14, 2018
- Quebec Moves to Restrict Crypto Mining - June 8, 2018
- Sagewise Using Hashgraph Blockchain to Underpin Smart Contract Resolution - June 7, 2018
- ALTR Releases Blockchain-Based Security Software - June 6, 2018
- Blockchain Startup Paxos Pivots to a $65 Million Raise - June 5, 2018
- Game Changer? Gaming Veterans Join Forces to Create Ultra Platform - June 1, 2018
- Harvard’s Experfy Launches ICO for Blockchain Education Platform - May 31, 2018
- Am-Ex Brings Blockchain to Membership Rewards - May 29, 2018
- Leading SV Funds Back User-Friendly Digital Assets Platform Tari - May 24, 2018
- æternity Launch Blockchain Incubator and Investment Network - May 23, 2018