Lykke announced on Friday the addition of Bitcoin Cash (BCH), one of the most successful hard forks of the original bitcoin (BTC), to its exchange. The Swiss blockchain marketplace also made any BCH resulting from the hard fork, and not already withdrawn by users, available for trading on the exchange. Formerly, users could only withdraw their BCH balance to an external wallet.
Lykke Founder and CEO Richard Olsen said, in a statement, “We’re excited to bring Bitcoin Cash to the Lykke Exchange. We’re equally excited about the way that we’re able to do it. The constantly emerging innovations around the Bitcoin project and the rapidly changing protocols can lead to considerable confusion among investors and create a significant impediment to adoption. Moreover, hard forks often lead to hard choices about which branch to follow, which encourages division. But this isn’t a concern on the Lykke Exchange. Our traders can easily and transparently choose among all the existing protocols and blockchains and invest on either side of the fork, all from a single point of entry.”
Bitcoin Cash was created as a fork of the original Bitcoin chain on August 1, 2017, featuring an adjustable block size set to default at 8MB per block – eight times greater than the pre-fork Bitcoin and allowing a greater volume and faster transaction speeds overall. Bitcoin Cash has been the most successful fork of Bitcoin across over a dozen contenders, reaching an all-time high of USD 3,900 and a market cap of over USD 65 billion. BCH currently has a market cap of USD 10.8 billion, compared to Bitcoin’s USD 114.2 billion market capitalization.
Lykke is building a global marketplace for the low friction exchange of financial and other assets, with support for the trade of any kind of object of value.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- ABBC Foundation to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018