Two recently released reports are shedding light on the impacts that the blockchain could have on the manufacturing and supply chain markets. The market in blockchain-based technologies for the global supply chain market is expected to reach USD $424.24 million by 2023, according to one report, by IndustryARCcurrent. Exploring blockchain’s impact and potential to accelerate Industry 4.0 and the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) is the focus of the other.
The whitepaper titled, “How Blockchain is Impacting Industrial Manufacturing and Supply Chain Logistics,” by market-foresight advisory firm ABI Research, highlights findings that blockchain tools can help ease the transition to Industry 4.0. Smart contracts and decentralized autonomous organizations could help manufacturing and supply chain logistics, according to the paper’s author, Michela Menting.
“The use of decentralized ledger technologies such as blockchain can provide transparency on product movement, automate numerous logistical tasks, optimize workflows and reduce friction throughout the value chain,” Menting said.
The whitepaper provides background and details areas where blockchain technologies can excel in a more automated manufacturing arena, Industry 4.0., highlighting industrial drivers and barriers to adoption.
Meanwhile, IndustryARC’s market research report finds that the use of blockchain in the supply chain market is expected to reach a value of USD 424.24 million by 2023 with a CAGR of 48.37 percent during the forecast period.
Many companies within the market have been using blockchain technology for supply chain applications, the report states. North America is expected to dominate the market in this area with a revenue of USD 131.65 million by 2023, according to the report. In Asia Pacific, the market is predicted to have a CAGR of 56.1 percent within the next five years.
The researchers point to drivers including the technology’s ability to maintain transparency of databases, payments, contract management, procurement and more. This together with smart contracts are singled out as the driving forces for contract management, providing economic efficiencies.
- Gaimin Lets You Mine Crypto From a Gaming PC - May 24, 2018
- Investing Platform eToro Launches in US, Plans Gibraltar Expansion - May 21, 2018
- Top 20 US Blockchain Job Markets 2018 - May 18, 2018
- Bitfinex Teams up with Connamara for FIX Digital Asset Gateway Release - May 17, 2018
- IBM and Global Citizen Partner on Donation-Tracking Blockchain Platform - May 15, 2018
- Pioneering De Beers Blockchain Pilot Tracks Diamonds From Mine to Retail Outlet - May 11, 2018
- How Widespread is Cryptocurrency Ownership? Survey - May 10, 2018
- Gartner Survey Reveals Death of Current Blockchain Deployments - May 9, 2018
- Blockpass Partners with Scottish University for Research Lab - May 4, 2018
- Ripple Adds Five New xVia Customers to Global Payments Network - May 3, 2018
- WISeKey Partners With SAT to Expand Presence in Middle East - May 3, 2018
- One in Five Financial Firms Considering Crypto Trading: Thomson Reuters Survey - May 2, 2018
- Bitcoin ATM Network Coinsource Partners with Multi-Factor Authenticator Acuant - May 2, 2018
- WISeKey Teams Up with Soul Machines to Develop Humanlike Bot for Security Q&A - May 1, 2018
- Peoplewave Launches ICO Presale for Wavebase HR Platform - April 27, 2018
- Ether Capital Launches on NEO Exchange - April 27, 2018
- Frankl Launches Airdrop for Scientists and Students - April 25, 2018
- Crypto Exchange and Trading Platform VRBex Launches Presale - April 25, 2018
- Former Google Execs Form New Blockchain Alliance - April 23, 2018
- Blackmoon Launches Asset-Management Platform Services - April 20, 2018
- Malta-Based Decentralized Ventures to Spearhead Crypto Island’s Blockchain Services Provision - April 19, 2018
- Project Aiur Seeks to Verify Academic Research With Blockchain & AI - April 17, 2018
- Decentralized Reality Show Seeks Young Entrepreneurs With an Appetite for Disruption - April 16, 2018
- Santander Launches Blockchain-Powered International Money Transfer Service in Four Countries - April 16, 2018
- NetCents Launches Instant Settlements to Fight Market Volatility - April 13, 2018
- New Reports Highlight Blockchain’s Impact on Manufacturing & Supply Chain Logistics - April 13, 2018
- Distributed Storage Solution Oyster Protocol Readies Friday Airdrop for PRL Token Holders - April 13, 2018
- Millennium BlockChain Announces $3M Investment in ImpactPPA’s Renewable Energy Platform - April 12, 2018
- 22 Countries to Establish European Blockchain Partnership - April 11, 2018