Peoplewave, a Singapore-based HR tech firm, last week launched an initial coin offering (ICO) presale for its blockchain platform, Wavebase, with a 50 percent bonus through May 25.
“The HR industry is overdue for disruption,” stated Damien Cummings, Peoplewave’s CEO. “Blockchain allows us to cut out the middleman and speed up the hiring process by providing both employer and employee with accurate, verified employment and performance data.”
The company says there is opportunity for blockchain to revamp HR operations from pre-employment screening and background checks to recruitment and talent acquisition.
Wavebase will establish a distributed database of accurate and verified performance and employment information on blockchain, to ensure such information remains secure. This will also allow employees to own their performance data, a statement said.
“Peoplewave is growing fast and changing the game for HR leaders and employers. We plan to be the biggest company in HR on the blockchain and to absolutely disrupt how people use and benefit from employee performance information – revolutionising recruitment, background checks, onboarding, performance reviews, employee development, and people management,” Cummings said.
Peoplewave raised USD 500,000 in seed funding from a series of angels and aligned companies in the HR field in December 2017 and has been named among the “Top 50 Most Promising Enterprise Start-ups in Asia Pacific” by CIO Outlook Magazine. More recently, it was listed among the “Top 20 Hottest Singapore Start-ups” by Singapore Business Review.
Popular listings site, ICO bench has awarded the Peoplewave ICO a 4.8 rating and, according to a statement, the company is also running a bounty program.
Peoplewave was founded by Damien Cummings in Singapore in January 2017. Phil Aldridge joined the company in April 2017 as chief technology officer and co-founder.
Cummings brought more than 20 years of experience in marketing and digital transformation leadership roles with renowned brands, the company said.
Peoplewave currently operates with 19 team members in four countries.
- Gaimin Lets You Mine Crypto From a Gaming PC - May 24, 2018
- Investing Platform eToro Launches in US, Plans Gibraltar Expansion - May 21, 2018
- Top 20 US Blockchain Job Markets 2018 - May 18, 2018
- Bitfinex Teams up with Connamara for FIX Digital Asset Gateway Release - May 17, 2018
- IBM and Global Citizen Partner on Donation-Tracking Blockchain Platform - May 15, 2018
- Pioneering De Beers Blockchain Pilot Tracks Diamonds From Mine to Retail Outlet - May 11, 2018
- How Widespread is Cryptocurrency Ownership? Survey - May 10, 2018
- Gartner Survey Reveals Death of Current Blockchain Deployments - May 9, 2018
- Blockpass Partners with Scottish University for Research Lab - May 4, 2018
- Ripple Adds Five New xVia Customers to Global Payments Network - May 3, 2018
- WISeKey Partners With SAT to Expand Presence in Middle East - May 3, 2018
- One in Five Financial Firms Considering Crypto Trading: Thomson Reuters Survey - May 2, 2018
- Bitcoin ATM Network Coinsource Partners with Multi-Factor Authenticator Acuant - May 2, 2018
- WISeKey Teams Up with Soul Machines to Develop Humanlike Bot for Security Q&A - May 1, 2018
- Peoplewave Launches ICO Presale for Wavebase HR Platform - April 27, 2018
- Ether Capital Launches on NEO Exchange - April 27, 2018
- Frankl Launches Airdrop for Scientists and Students - April 25, 2018
- Crypto Exchange and Trading Platform VRBex Launches Presale - April 25, 2018
- Former Google Execs Form New Blockchain Alliance - April 23, 2018
- Blackmoon Launches Asset-Management Platform Services - April 20, 2018