Cyprus-based blockchain firm Decentralized Vision has announced, on Tuesday, a raise of USD 117 million in a private token sale for its PumaPay transaction processor, which has gained significant popularity in the adult entertainment business.
According to a statement, the PumaPay network has signed up 40 partners which are generating over USD 10 billion worth of transactions each year and 30 of these names are in the adult sector, including Vivid Entertainment, ImLive and AEBN.
The token sale ended on Monday producing a total supply of 78,042,956,829 PMA tokens, the company said.
PumaPay says its PullPayment Protocol was created with the mission of bringing crypto payments into daily life. The system reverses the mechanisms of a transaction, enabling merchants to ‘pull’ crypto funds from their customers’ account, avoiding the drawbacks of current banking systems, such as high transaction costs and the insecurity of chargebacks or reverse transactions.
The company said its protocol supports payment practices that have, to-date, been impossible on the blockchain, including recurring payments with fixed and variable amounts, pay-per-use transactions and restricted and split payments. This enables merchants to run their businesses the way they’re used to with credit cards, said the company.
PumaPay’s CEO, Yoav Dror said, in a statement, “This great achievement will help us finish the development of our PullPayment Protocol, PumaPay wallets, the PumaPay Pride, and other innovative components to achieve our vision and values. It gives us the resource to expand our ecosystem, bringing [in] more companies to adapt the protocol at this early stage. I would like to thank all our contributors for their trust and support. It is also a great honor to have so many companies to have committed to adapt the Protocol from the onset, introducing PMA as a payment method and creating a strong foundation for the PumaPay economy.”
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018