Everipedia, the peer-to-peer blockchain encyclopedia project launching on the EOS network, announced today that the airdrop of their IQ token will be supported by a range of exchanges that include Coinex, Bitfinex, ZB.com, EXX and BigONE, in order to achieve the widest possible distribution of tokens to new users.
Co-Founder and President of Everipedia Sam Kazemian said, in a statement, “Receiving support from such a wide variety of exchanges demonstrates the blockchain community’s enthusiasm and investment in our project. With over five exchanges on board, Everipedia is on track to be one of the largest dApps the world has seen.”
IQ tokens will be distributed to users who hold EOS, on participating exchanges in June. Additional details, including the percentage of tokens to be airdropped, the ratio of IQ tokens to EOS tokens, and the total supply of IQ tokens, will be released as the airdrop nears and IQ tokens become accessible across more exchanges. Everipedia is actively seeking feedback and further discussion of the airdrop and other related topics via their Telegram.
The Everipedia protocol rewards users for curating pages and articles, allowing editors to become stakeholders in the network. The announcement follows Everipedia successfully securing USD 30 million in funding from the EOS Ecosystem Fund, led by Galaxy Digital and Block.one. Everipedia plans to use these funds for expansion, integration of new features, and increased rewards for contributing users, while also helping spread awareness in and expanding the EOS ecosystem.
Everipedia Co-founder and CEO Theodor Forselius said, in a statement, “With support from these major exchanges, we’ll be able to increase user accessibility to IQ tokens, incentivizing them as stakeholders. Ensuring greater participation is key to our mission of decentralizing knowledge.”
Everipedia has over 3 million unique monthly users and over 6 million pages and articles, already surpassing Wikipedia as the world’s largest English Encyclopedia by content.
- FED Chairman Offers Lukewarm Response On Impact, Utility Of Existing Cryptocurrencies - July 20, 2018
- Boeing Brings In SparkCognition For Help Developing UAV Management Systems - July 19, 2018
- Nervos Network Nets Nearly $30 Million To Build Hybrid Blockchain Platform For Enterprise - July 19, 2018
- Chinese Blockchain Companies Continue To Flourish, If Only In Name - July 18, 2018
- G20 Report Outlines International Collaboration On Standards For Crypto-Assets - July 17, 2018
- Hong Kong Readies Regulator-Backed Trade Finance Platform - July 17, 2018
- RMB to BTC Trading Falls To 1%. Is China Really Out Of The Crypto Game? - July 16, 2018
- Chinese Internet Trends May Spell Trouble For “Disruptive” Crypto Payments - July 13, 2018
- LINE Plans July Cryptocurrency Exchange Launch - July 3, 2018
- McAfee Labs Report 6x Increase in Crypto Mining Malware Incidents in Q1 2018 - June 29, 2018
- Facebook Updates Policy To Allow Vetted Crypto Businesses to Advertise, ICOs Still Banned - June 27, 2018
- Following in Vitalik’s Footsteps? Polkadot’s Habermeier Awarded Thiel Fellowship - June 26, 2018
- SingularityNET and Project Shivom Using AI on Genomic Data to Extend Human Life - June 26, 2018
- Microsoft & EY partner for Royalty Distribution in Gaming - June 26, 2018
- ABBC Foundation to Airdrop ABBC Tokens to First 500,000 Wallet Users - June 25, 2018
- Care Records of up to 30 Million UK NHS Patients go on Blockchain - June 25, 2018
- PundiX Signs UTRUST as Liquidity Clearing Provider for Crypto POS Hardware - June 22, 2018
- Blockchain on the Ballot: Indie Party Candidate Joins Texas Senate Race - June 21, 2018
- IONChain Aims to Challenge IOTA on a Chinese Battleground - June 19, 2018
- Takeaways From SEC Director’s Comments on Cryptocurrencies and Securities - June 19, 2018