Blockchain facilitator AlphaPoint has raised USD 15 million in Series A funding with an investment from Mike Novogratz’s VC firm Galaxy Digital Ventures.
According to a press release Thursday, AlphaPoint, which specialises in helping institutions launch trading platforms and tokenize assets using blockchain technology, will also welcome Galaxy Digital Ventures Managing Director, Greg Wasserman, to its board of directors.
AlphaPoint said in the statement that its white label exchange and asset digitization technology is used by customers in over 30 countries around the world, including major institutions such as CME Group, The Royal Mint, London Block Exchange (LBX), Bitt, and Muirfield Investment Partners, to launch trading platforms and digitize assets.
The company operates across various sectors including commodities, private company shares, and fiat currencies as well as real estate, diamonds, cryptocurrencies, initial coin offerings (ICOs), and securitized token offerings. The funding will be used to further accelerate the already rapid global growth AlphaPoint is currently experiencing, the company stated.
“We are in the early stages of a fundamental transformation in financial markets due to the digitization of assets,” Novogratz said in the statement. “This transformation started with currencies but is now changing the way we look at commodities, real estate, art, and other traditional and emerging asset classes. We are excited to partner with AlphaPoint as we continue to help drive this revolutionary change in digital markets.”
“We are delighted to have Galaxy Digital Ventures as a strategic investor who shares our vision to unlock the value of illiquid assets for a wider audience of investors and traders,” said Salil Donde, AlphaPoint Chief Executive Officer. “This investment allows us to continue our focus on our customers’ success.”
“The market opportunity for digitizing illiquid assets is tremendous,” added Wasserman. “Consumers are demanding increased access, transparency and trust. Businesses are seeking increased liquidity with reduced fraud, risk and cost. Executing on this market opportunity requires proven best-in-class technology alongside seasoned management teams with substantial experience providing new technology to a variety of financial institutions. AlphaPoint brings this rare combination together.”
- Civil Wants to Make News More Ethical - July 23, 2018
- GeTS Links ASEAN and China with Cross Border Trade Blockchain - July 20, 2018
- A SVPER Secure Instant Video Dating Network - July 20, 2018
- Change Launches Mobile App for Fee-Free Crypto Trading - July 20, 2018
- IAB Tech Lab Lifts Veil on Digital Advertising Potential - July 19, 2018
- Grid7 Gets $1 Million DOE Grant for Decentralized Energy Grid - July 19, 2018
- Seth Shapiro’s Blockchain TV Platform Wants to Improve on Netflix with “Proof of Engagement” - July 19, 2018
- Korean Fund Hashed Backs Ad Platform XCHNG - July 18, 2018
- TaTaTu is Giving Away $50 Million in Tokens - July 17, 2018
- CoinFlip Adds Dash to US Crypto ATM Network - July 17, 2018
- UK Can Become Blockchain Leader by 2022: Report - July 17, 2018
- Tezos Offers Innovation Grants for Platform Projects - July 16, 2018
- Content Protection Platform Typerium Files Patents - July 16, 2018
- 4NEW is Mining Crypto with Waste Power - July 16, 2018
- Fujitsu’s Business Analysis Service Offers Speedy Crypto Project Review - July 13, 2018
- Binance Backs Malta’s Decentralized Founders Bank - July 13, 2018
- Self-Regulation is an Option for Crypto Exchanges: AEI - July 12, 2018
- Pundi X Puts POS in Hong Kong Restaurants - July 12, 2018
- TokenPay Strikes Deal With Litecoin to Buy Stake in WEG Bank - July 12, 2018
- ConsenSys Joins Blockchain Consortium to Disrupt Mineral Trading - July 11, 2018